IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Israel lobby  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Israel lobby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Israel lobby
    Posted: 07 March 2012 at 7:19am

Rep. Eric Cantor, the No. 2 Republican in the House of Representatives, said the [Sunday Obama AIPAC] speech was "a step in the right direction," but that "we need to make sure that this president is also going to stand by Israel and not allow his administration to somehow speak contrary to what our ally thinks is in its best interest." (emphasis added)

Now, this bolded part of the quote is quite extraordinary, if you think about it. Apparently, Cantor's standard with respect to American policy towards Israel is that the U.S. government cannot and should not contradict anything that Israel's government says. What's good for Israel's national interests -- as defined solely by Israel -- serves American interests as well.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 3:10pm
Eric or no Eric, Obama is in a fix he has been trying to wiggle out since his election as POTUS. Just look at the names of the people who propelled and managed his campaign were mostly from the tribe and Israel wants the payoff to help knock off Iran that has never been in American calculus.
Obama has already backtracked to the words he gave to Binyamin N,
If you look at the picture of the prez room during the moment Osama was being tracked and got shot I don't think he is one who can do this for Israel!
It is just not Israel only that wants Irani nuke setup blown away, think KSA as Israeli cohorts in pushing this!

Of course not all wieses want this to happen but you know Iran's bluster will make it to happen; remember 1967 the asininity of Nasser for blockading Straits of Aqaba and then what went down?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 09 March 2012 at 3:51pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 10:56am
"What's good for Israel's national interests -- as defined solely by Israel -- serves American interests as well."

I think I agree with this statement. America and Israel have the same interests with regard to the Middle East.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 12:07pm
Careful Hughes, we're not simply talking trade or cultural issues here, but war, and American blood.  Are you comfortable with a foreign government deciding whether my son or your daughter is in harm's way; as defined solely by Israel
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Careful Hughes, we're not simply talking trade or cultural issues here, but war, and American blood.� Are you comfortable with a foreign government deciding whether my son or your daughter is in harm's way; as defined solely by Israel?�

The question is difficult I agree.

My answer would be, if Israel feels threatened or is attacked (as Iran has threatened), then yes we should help them.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 2:04pm
Yeah, I guess at the end of the day it's the Israeli "feels threatened" scenario that has the Obama administration concerned.  I don't think we have to worry about Iran attacking Israel.
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 4:20pm
Well it appears to me that the Obama doesn't really support Israel, so I agree that concerns him.

I'm curious why you think we don't have to worry about Iran attacking Israel?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 8:52pm
Iran doesn't have a history of preemptive invasions, and their sure knowledge that America (Obama) has Israel's back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic