IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Americas
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is the Muslim voice in America?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the Muslim voice in America?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 3:11pm
My assumption is that national pro-life organizations such as National Right to Life Committee is made up of all faiths and even atheists.  Is it really necessary to single out any one religion as not doing enough for the cause? 

Edited by abuayisha - 04 March 2012 at 6:51pm
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by Hughes Hughes wrote:

Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

There is no greater issue than the killing of the unborn. And with Obama forcing such evil on believers as can be seen with the Catholics, it is the biggest issue facing American believers at this time!
So killing the unborn is worse than killing living, breathing, already existing millions of human-biengs under the pretext of War?Ok.Says a lot.

the context of your presuppositions are key to your condemnation.

Which war? Who are attacking who?

By my statement above, I'm in no way saying that killing people for no reason is ok, which is exactly what abortion is.

A nation that is defending itself, such as Israel, is quite a different situation from killing innocent unborn children.
For Americans, obviously the wars concerning them would be the ones they are involved in. I'll repeat, issues should be addressed in order of priorities. Issues that plague and impact the community at large should be addressed before we start discussing issues that are more personal in nature (e.g. abortion, gay-marriages etc).

Why can't they be discussed at the same time? Obama's Health Care plan is currently attacking people of faith, yet Muslims are silent as far as I can tell.
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

My assumption is that national pro-life organizations such as National Right to Life Committee is made up of all faiths and even atheists.� Is it really necessary to single out any one religion as not doing enough for the cause?�

Since the Atheists agree (in large part) with the Obama Administration, I wouldn't expect any help from them.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 1:39pm
 "I wouldn't expect any help from them."
For some religious pro-lifers, employing non-religious arguments against abortion is sacrilegious. Not only do they see abortion as a sin, but failing to make reference to religion with each pro-life effort is sinful. They are upset and afraid of the idea of atheist or agnostic pro-lifers. They answer questions with scripture regardless of their audience. They pray at pro-life pickets and meetings. In short, they fit the negative, stereotypical way that all pro-lifers are portrayed: as religious zealots trying to "impose morality", mindless puppets directed by pro-life preachers.

Edited by abuayisha - 05 March 2012 at 1:41pm
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 8:40am
Your point is?

If your point is that all atheists aren't pro-abortion, I agree with you. I never said they were. Notice I said, "in large part" meaning the vast majority of atheists are not pro life.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 12:13pm

Your point is?

Just thought I'd challenge your "in large part" assertion....
Hughes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Your point is?

Just thought I'd challenge your "in large part" assertion....

And the Obama administration still sees it as apart of it's duty to tell religious schools that they must pay for abortions, which those religious schools believe are evil. And not a word from the Islamic front, accept that some atheists agree with us? Huh? That's your point?

What would happen if the Obama administration stated that all religious schools must serve pork?

Edited by Hughes - 06 March 2012 at 5:24pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 6:03pm
Chill out Hughes...I'm in total agreement with you on the issue of abortion, however as mentioned previously, we have several advocacy organizations which are made up of all faiths, therefore I don't see why it's necessary to dress down any single religion as not doing enough.  Unless of course you have some other agenda here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic