IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is listening to recorded Cds or tapes proper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is listening to recorded Cds or tapes proper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 11:54am
As Salamu Alaikum

Bhai, i wish you get polite with your posts. We are here sharing our opinions over the topic. A good and healthy discussion may help all of us here.

Coming to the topic as said, reward is from Allah swt. YOU and me cannot decide if its less or more.

You did not answer, as how those new muslims esp living in west and cannot reach out Masjids, Suppose if they feel like listening to Qur'an, shud they not listen thru CDs ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 12:49pm
Muhammad I think the point the Sheikh is making is that Quran is the word of Allah, which makes it special.  Therefore, is it not Allah's Word simply because it is on tape?  Of course not, therefore when we listen to Allah's Words whether heard by human voice in person, radio, tape or CD...it is still Allah's Word, and beneficial -insha'Allah, to the listener.  To assign more blessings to one method/mode over another needs textual evidence, and not simpy your feeling or opinion.
mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 7:42pm
Then what the shaikh says without considering the hazards of tapes
is also an opinion which is not binding on Muslims. Do you know
computer media is subject to change. In this dajjali era one or more
ayats of Quran can change with one instruction globally. But what
humans have memorized can not change. Therefore the sharf the
karmat Allah has bestowed on humans make them eligible to recite
and reap benefits of the tilawa and their listeners. But tapes/cds
have no such guarantee. Think about future. Why you always look
backwards?
                                     Muhammad Javed Iqbal
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by mjiqbalkhan mjiqbalkhan wrote:

You are adamant for no justifiable reason. He can also listen a live TV channel where Quran is being actually recited by a Man. What is the harm in listening from a live Quran recitation? Or you get some commission on selling CDs? (:  
She lives in LA brother, not in Karachi, Cairo or Jeddah, there is no live TV with Quran at 8-9 PM (bed time).
Or do we have to make a Quran TV studio before the bed time come?
But I guess hire a Qory is much cheaper and faster than make a Quran TV studio :)-

Yes there is live Quran TV from Saudi sattelite, however we also don't see Qari, instead we see activities around Ka'bah. Apparently, Saudi the kingdom of Islam also use dead CD's for its "live" Quran TV.

Edited by semar - 26 January 2012 at 11:12pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 11:47pm
Bhai,

I am sorry if I hurt  your feelings. But I was feeling pity as you were
not trying to understand. I clearly answered your question about non
Muslim in USA. He can listen to live TV broadcast  from Haram or any
other Majid as hearing directly from a human or listening a live broadcast
are almost the same. Only we have to refrain from hearing CDs or tapes.

I hope I have made the matter clear now.

M  J  Iqbal
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:21am
When I first saw your questions I was a bit confused: Is not the tape or the CD also a Muslim reciting as well? I mean it s not like the CD player s reading itself!  or is it because it is not heard the same time it is read? I sometimes feel some scholars go with details more than needed. Wish u find a full answer for ur questions.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:56am
The problem with tape or cd is that a real man is not reciting Quran
in it. It is rather recording of recitation done once by a human. It is
subject to editing and changes later on. So you can not trust you are
listening to real Ayats of holy Quran.
As you might be aware a fake Quran was published in the US and
distributed free of cost. Since it is an age in which attacks on Islam
are being planned.
So a learned scholar Asrar Alam has recommended Muslims not to
rely upon recording and listen either from a Qari or live recitation
on TV.
Hope this clarification clears the confusion.

M  J   Iqbal
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by mjiqbalkhan mjiqbalkhan wrote:

Then what the shaikh says without considering the hazards of tapes
is also an opinion which is not binding on Muslims.                                     Muhammad Javed Iqbal

Well Muhammad, this isn't surprising because the religious opinion of scholars are unable to consider the creative imagination of people.  In other words, opinions are given based upon real issues, and not speculative hypotheticals or "what if" this or that should occur. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic