IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for families to host muslim stud  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for families to host muslim stud

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for families to host muslim stud
    Posted: 24 March 2005 at 9:18pm

Assalamu Alaykum

I am  a local coordinator with Council Exchanges in the Detroit area. I am tryning to find families in the Detroit/ Ann Arbor to host students from Pakistan. The students will be here next fall and will attend a US public high school. They are on a scholarship program called YES (Youth Exchange and Study). The students are a girl and a boy from Pakistan both iindicated in their applications that they are practicing muslims.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2005 at 9:26pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

Walaikum assalam Sister UmmAdam,

Have you tried to contact people through the local mosques?

Perhaps that would be the best way of getting in touch with families who may be interested.

My best wishes for your search and to  the students

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
ummadam View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 5:36am

Waalaykum Assalam Nausheen

I am in the process of contacting several mosques and I am hoping insh'Allah some families will step forward. It is not easy but I will keep trying insh'Allah. I feel more comfortable placing these kids with muslim families but it is going to take some effort to do it.

Assalamu Alaykum

UmmAdam

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 7:03pm
What a strange place to look, ie., the internet!  Wow, if my children ever participated in such a program, I certainly would not expect the sponsor to shop cyperspace for a host family.
Brother123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 6:19am

Umm Adam first of all ist haram for the girl to be travelling without a mahrem. And Haram for Muslims to travel to kafir lands accept under certain conditions. And theirs is not valid reason.

Pakistan has universities let alone high schools.

And Then you living in some ones house. ere teh boy and girl are not mehrem to the people living there.

Then going to a country which is a huge Night club is no place for children with parrenst let alone lieving tehre without their parrents.

If you wnat to benefit your self sis and them. Tell em to stay put.

Just soem advice sis (hope u didnt get upset) and Insha allah if you are able to pesuade their parenst to keep tehir kids in Pakistan. Then Insha Allah you will get Ajar for that. ( i wouldnt mind half of it either )

http://shariahway.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic