IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Club?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Club?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club?
    Posted: 09 September 2005 at 11:48am

Salaam,

I wnat to start a club at my school, Theres christan clubs...Why not a cultured club? Something where people can discess peer-pussred....Chriatans can come, but anyboby...

I dont know where i'm going with this...

aisha

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 12:35pm

When I was high school we were about to found a Christian club, but only on our own time, we could not meet during school hours and had no page in the yearbook.  Because of the separation of church and state in the US, faith based clubs are hard.  Here's my suggestion.  Call your club the Multi Cultural Club or the Peace Club.  In your charter, make your Mission Statement "To Promote Diversity and Understanding."  or some such statment.  Take a look at several websites for College Clubs.  Take cues from the UN charter

http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/index.html

I was active and an officer in several of my colleges clubs (including the Multicultural Club and Russian Club) and started two clubs at my high school.  If you want my help just private message me.  I'd love to help.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic