IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Photographs  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photographs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photographs
    Posted: 07 September 2005 at 2:01pm

assalamu alikum

Are photographs haram?For example is it allowed to give one's photograph to somebody to find a suitable match for marriage or to look at photographs on islamic match making sites on the net?

Sister Alwardah i would be really grateful if u could give ur opinion too,since u said u have Fatwah Islamiyah books as well.

jazakAllah.

Edited by aali
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 3:50am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Many scholars (i wont say most) believe they are fine since the person taking the photo is not creating something new but taking the image of what allah himself created. A photo cant be said to be a likeness to something allah created it is the image imprinted perfectly on paper with out change.

if the person is only showing the face and nothing haram then how could it be impermisable. If the intention is to find a spouse than i cant see something wrong with it since we are ecouraged to marry.

A man has the right to see the face of a women before he marry's her.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic