IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Allah's favorite!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allah's favorite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:47am
Reepicheep,
if you did not bother to click on link Masoor kindly privided to you, I will paste it here for you.

Hasan

cho�sen
v.
Past participle of choose.
adj.
1. Selected from or preferred above others: the chosen few.
2. Having been selected by God; elect.
n. (used with a pl. verb)
The elect considered as a group. Often used with the.

Edited by honeto - 31 October 2011 at 9:48am
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 9:53am
This is a very interesting thread.  Muslims not only insist that Jews are God's favourite people, they demand that Jews accept this, too.

Jews, of course, believe that God does not play favourites.  It is interesting that muslims not only insist that God plays favourites, they also believe that muslims are not God's favourite people.

I wonder how much of the hostility muslims have had for Jews over the centuries  is caused by muslims being jealous of this supposed favouritism muslims believe that God shows towards the Jewish people.  If muslims are angry that the Jews are (according to the koran) God's favourite people, then shouldn't they take this up with God and not the Jews????

Edited by Reepicheep - 31 October 2011 at 9:58am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 12:43pm
Reepicheep,
I agree some times playing du-- works, sorry this time it did not help you much except make you look only st---.

If you look back way up in my first post I just wanted to know if Jews think or believe that they are God's chosen or favorite.
Muslim do not insist, nor believe that Jews are God's favorite.
Many Christians also believe that Jews are God's chosen and have to be supported.
So I wanted to know your reasoning if you thought they were and why?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 2:41pm
I think we have come to an agreement here, namely:

(1) we agree that Jews and Christians believe that Jews are God's chosen people, not God's favorite people,

(2) we agree that the words chosen and favorite have different definitions and are not interchangeable, and

(3) even though muslims believe (based upon what it says in the koran) that the Jews were chosen by God to be his favorite people, it is irrational for muslims to expect Jews and Christians to share this belief, since Jews and Christians do not believe that the koran was divinely inspired.

In regards to what it means to to be "chosen" by God: according to the bible, God told Abraham (Genesis 12:3), Isaac (Genesis 26:4), and Jacob (Genesis 28:14) that the Jewish people were chosen to be the means by which "all peoples on earth will be blessed."

Christians believe that this blessing is Jesus who, through his death and resurrection, absolved all people of their sins. In Acts 3:25, Peter tells his fellow Jews that Jesus is this blessing. And, in Galatians 3:8 Paul makes it clear that gentiles, too, have been so blessed.

Anyone can receive this great blessing.  All we have to do is believe that Jesus died for our sins, and eternal life is ours.

Edited by Reepicheep - 29 November 2011 at 2:06pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2011 at 3:41pm

Again Reepicheep you proved that you only want to hear yourself.

You said: " that the Jewish people were chosen to be the means by which "all peoples on earth will be blessed."
I am not sure too many people who keep up with the current affairs will agree with you on that.
As we know today, most of the misery and problems in this world are the result of those who call themselves Jews.
What kind of blessing is that?
What kind of blessing is that, according to history it was Jews who conspired to kill Jesus (pbuh)?
I think you need to go behind words to know what they stand for in order to really understand, who is a Jew or Christian or a Muslim.
You make no sense whatsoever when you say that "Jesus died for our sins". No one can pay for anyone else's sins, according to the NT, OT, and the Quran.

Jesus himself has been quoted in the Bible to have said that each one will pay for their own sins, even every word you speak you will pay for it on the Judgment Day. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible even has said, if your hand commits a crime, cut it out so your whole body would not be thrown into the hell fire.  So, my friend, nothing match of what you say even to your own Bible, how poor that must be when trying to convince yourself, let alone to impress anyone else with that, for get about to believe.
May Allah guide you to the right.
3:55 (Y. Ali) Behold! Allah said: "O jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 01 December 2011 at 3:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:32am
Honeto, you're not the first muslim I've communicated with who has suddenly gone off on a racist, hate filled rant about Jews, but you are the first one who's rant was motivated by my claim that Jesus is a blessing to humanity.

What words would you use to describe Jesus?  Do you think he was a curse on humanity? 

I suggest you go through the koran and read what it says about Jesus.  You will be surprised to learn that the koran states he is a prophet. 
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 3:30pm
Reepicheep,
I don't understand what you mean, where did I say a thing against Jesus (pbuh)? I know my Quran, and I love Jesus (pbuh) and cannot disrespect or deny him his status as a beloved prophet of God. Can you show me where I have disrespected him? Did you even read my post? understood it?

Hasan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 3:52pm
I said Christians believe that Jesus (who is a Jew) is a blessing to all, and you responded with a hate filled rant about how Jews aren't a blessing.

If it wasn't my mention of Jesus which caused your rant, then what was it?  Do you agree or disagree with Christians when we say that Jesus is a blessing?

Please explain the connection between my post, and your rant about how Jews (including, presumably, Jesus) are not a blessing.  And, please make note of the fact that the bible does not state that all Jews are a blessing.  In fact, quite the opposite.  It clearly states that Jesus is the only Jew who blessed the world.

Edited by Reepicheep - 03 December 2011 at 3:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic