IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Allah's favorite!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allah's favorite!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allah's favorite!
    Posted: 20 October 2011 at 6:07am
Jews claim to be Allah's chosen or favorite people. if you are a Jew, what does that mean to you, how that make you different than anyone else? What about a Jew who is not practicing his/her belief?
Hasan 
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 7:05am
Just to clarify: Jews and Christians believe that Jews are God's chosen people, not God's favourite people.

Interestingly, it is Muslims who believe that Jews are Gods favourite people:

O Children of Israel! Remember My favor wherewith I favored you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures. Surah 2:47

Jack Catholic View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Catholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 12:02pm
Dear Hasan,

As  a Catholic Christian, I believe that Jews were and still are Allah's chosen people.  They will retain this status untill the end of the earth on behalf of Abraham (pbuh).  Allah promissed Abraham that he would grace all children of Abraham with this status.

God Bless,

Jack Catholic
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Just to clarify: Jews and Christians believe that Jews are God's chosen people, not God's favourite people.

Interestingly, it is Muslims who believe that Jews are Gods favourite people:

O Children of Israel! Remember My favor wherewith I favored you and how I preferred you to (all) creatures. Surah 2:47

Reply to Reepicheep.

There is no difference between 'chosen' and 'favourite'.You can verify here.

But question is:whether Jews are chosen people of God?

Answer is very simple:Obviously not.Those people who reject prophets of God are not any more favourite people of God.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 8:09am
Mancoor_ali wrote: There is no difference between 'chosen' and 'favourite'

I don't agree, so I'll continue to use the word "chosen" when refering to what Christians and Jews believe RE: the Jewish people.  And, since YOU believe that the words "chosen" and "favourite" have the same meaning, then I assume that you, too, have no objection to using the term "chosen" within this thread? 

Unless, of course, you are deliberately trying to offend Christians and Jews through the use of the term "favourite", in which case I assume you will continue to use it.

In any case, it is impossible to deny that the Koran states that Jews are God's favourite people.  Correct?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 2:39pm
Jack,
there is answer for you in Mansoor's post, do you contest that?
Recicheep, Quran uses past tense if you read those quotes again. Mansoor is right, they (who claimed to be Jews) not only rejected Jesus (pbuh) they called him an illegitimate child, they also reject Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).
I will close with this verse from the Quran;
5:18 "But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination."
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 24 October 2011 at 3:31pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 12:20pm

Response to Reepicheep

If you are not God's favourite people then how you can be God's chosen people?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 6:53am
Mansoor_ali wrote: If you are not God's favourite people then how you can be God's chosen people?

The English language words "favourite" and "chosen" do not have the same definition. 

For example, last night I saw part of a TV show about the occupation of Holland by Nazi Germany.  If the Dutch Underground killed a German soldier, the Germans would choose ten innocent civilians at random and execute them.  Are these ten chosen civilians the ten favourite civilians of the Germans?  Hardly.

As the character Tevye says to God in the movie "Fiddler on the Roof":

I know, I know. We are Your chosen people. But, once in a while, can't You choose someone else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic