IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Muslim women...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Muslim women...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 11:17am

Assalamu Alaikum Sister Herjihad:

Well, I am much more emotional than my husband. That doesn't mean that I am feeble-minded or lack intelligence and logic, it just means that things affect me on a more emotional level than they do my husband, and probably most men.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, it is always sad when men behave so badly. If she has gone to the Imam and explained her situation and they have done nothing, then she should go to another Imam. But, there is only so much they can do, no-one can force a man to be responsible or to follow Allah's laws.

Why does the Sister you know in this situation stay with her husband?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 5:57am

Assalamu Alaikum!

"Brother Peacemaker, I am glad you had such a good role model of a dad.  May Allah, SWT, increase your family and status so that you can guide your brothers-in-Islaam who don't have the understanding and dignity that you do."

Jazak Allah Khair sister herjihad. May Allah bless us all here and hereafter.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 8:18am

Bismillah,

There are women, like you Sister Mishmish, who are more emotional than their husbands, and there are women like me whose husbands are more emotional than them. 

The sister has actually achieved an Islaamic divorce after many years.  However, the Brother needs to spend his money on the kids and her as well instead of himself and his own selfish desires as he does.  People ask where to send their charity, and I would like them to send some to her and her children.

She is pretty busy homeschooling, working and caring for her kids and life generally.  Imam shopping isn't on her list.  She has gone to the local, large mosque, and they have misguided her and deserted her financially.  The Brothers need to take action with their brother in Islaam, but they are too shy or something.  Whatever.

Ameen, Brother Peacemaker.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic