IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Muslim women...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Muslim women...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 12:50pm

Sori I am confused

Why would a man want to rape his wife?

Do non-muslim men rape their wives?

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Rahmat Ali View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahmat Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 3:23am
Dear Nico,

Here is the correct meaning of the Qur`anverse 2:223 according the translating en commentary of Muhammad Ali:

" Your wives are a tilth for you, so go in to your tilth when you like,a and send (good) beforehand for yourselves. And keep your duty to Allah, and know that you will meet Him. And give good news to the believers."
223a. Anna means either mata, i.e., when, or kaifa, i.e., how (AH). As the previous verse prohibits certain relations when the woman has her courses on, this one states that keeping that prohibition in view, a man may go in to his wife when he likes and as he likes.

The Qur�an contains directions for the physical as well as the moral and spiritual welfare of man, and it deals with the most delicate questions in language unapproached in its purity in any other law dealing with similar questions. Many of the phrases dealing with the delicate relations of the sexes were introduced by the Holy Qur�an itself, and its literature is therefore one which brings no shudder to the fair reader, unlike many of the descriptions contained in the Bible. The comparison of the woman to the tilth is simply to show that it is she who brings up the children and through whom is made the character of the man, and to show that the real object of conjugal relations is not simply the satisfaction of carnal desires.

Salaam ( Peace ! )

Rahmat Ali

Edited by Rahmat Ali
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 11:38am

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem, In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful,

Nico, your interpretation is YOURS.  No Muslims look at this topic in the manner you present, none.

As for myself, my husband of many, many years is and always has been a perfect gentleman regard to this topic.  Husbands and wives are garments for each other, protecting, loving, and supporting each other, hiding one anothers' human impefections, and making each other look better than either one would alone.  When our Loving Lord tells a husband to approach his wife with righteousness, that says that whatever he does, God knows, and he must be as perfect as he can be in our Forgiving Lord's sight. 

A Muslim husband's responsibility to behave properly is clearly stated here.  And a man  who has Taqwa (fear of displeasing the one he loves most -- Allah, SWT) always takes care to never harm anyone, especially his wife.  What is harm regarding this topic?  Anything that displeases her in regard to this would be harmful and should not be considered.

Lots of non-Muslims don't like the tilth simile.  Get past it and think clearly and study all the references you can that the sisters and brothers have provided to you.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 12:34pm
Jazak Allah Khair Sister Herjihad for your wonderful response. 
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 3:53pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

many non muslims like to impose there cultural taboos on other religions or cultures and understand everything from there narrow world view not realising that other religions or cultures view things diferently or have diferent standards and norms.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 11:55pm

The assumption Nico is making is that Islam permits rape; that is, Nico believes Islam permits a man to literally force his wife to have sex if he desires to have it and to force her to have sex with him in any manner that he desires without taking into consideration how his wife feels about the issue.  Nico obviously doesn�t know anything about the history behind this ayat and what it is referring to.  I strongly suggest to Nico that he/she go and learn about Jewish history and the common practice of the way a married couple had sex.  This ayat is a means to correct that practice.  Furthermore, the preposition, �Thus, you may enjoy this privilege however you like, so long as you maintain righteousness� is a conclusion.  We know this by the word �Thus� which it begins with.  It is a conditional conclusion:  A is true only if B is also true.  That is �you may enjoy this privilege however you like� is true only if �so long as you maintain righteousness� is also true.   So, the first part doesn�t contradict the second part at all.  The first part is actually conditional based upon the truthfulness of the second part.  If the second part is false, then the first part is necessarily false too.  In other words, a man can enjoy the privilege of having his wife however he likes only if he is able to maintain righteousness.  If he cannot maintain righteousness, then he is not allowed the privilege of having his wife however he likes.  This implies that a man must not only know what is righteous, he must be able to do what it is that is righteous.  Any righteous Muslim man will know that enjoying the privilege of having his wife the way he likes doesn�t entail rape.  In fact, he would know that it is not righteous to have his wife in any way that affects her negatively.  He should not want her to do something that would affect her Islamic haya. 

When I read Nico's comments I instantly got this image of a cave man in one of those old cave man cartoon where he simply goes up to a woman, knocks her over the head with his club, drags her to his cave and has her the way he likes.  It is very sad that there are people in this world who are so narrow minded to think that a faith based upon the Divine Revelation of God would condone such actions.  You can easily tell by a person's approach to Islam whether his/her approach is based upon some biased view that Islam is barbaric. 

Nico, I am a Muslim woman.  Despite the misconceptions of many individuals, Islam is not a faith that gives privileges to men and not women.  Women have rights over their husbands as well, especially in the area of sexual satisfaction.  The only reason a man has any degree over a women is based upon the fact this it is his duty to provide for her maintenance which includes to house her, cloth her, feed her and provide for the other things she needs.  Also, he is to do this in kindness.  Because men do this, they receive more inheritance than women do.  A woman�s money is hers and she need never spend it on her maintenance.  A man also has the ultimate say in important matters of family life.   This doesn�t mean that women are not allowed to have a say or that a man should not listen to their wife�s input.  It simply means that someone has to be the final decision maker.  To be honest with you, as a woman that was previously a non-Muslim, I truly believe the concept of marriage life in Islam is beautiful.  If an Islamic couple lives a righteous married life, there is no doubt they will enjoy a wonderful life of love, kindness, comfort and peace within a family unit that is well balance and blessed by God.

PAZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Trident View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:16am

Mmm... what about verse 4:34 from the Quran, which permits a man to beat his wife on fears of disloyalty alone?

I think this is not being fair to the womenfolk.

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2006 at 7:22am
Not to be apologetic, what is "disloyalty" you think is referred in Quran verse 4:34?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic