IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do people in the West hate Islam so much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do people in the West hate Islam so much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote florist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 9:30am
I never judge Christianity by what the Priests did (Sexual harassment), but i judge Christianity by it's believes i find in the Bible

Justice, Equity,  and Impartiality are very important ethics that allow us to discover the truth, and those manners are exactly what everyone should do if they want to judge other religion

I am studying the Bible now, and still have christian friends, from UK, Korea , Sweden and good  teachers from Canada

Not the people who believe in this religion that matters, it is the religion itself  that certainly matter

Edited by florist - 10 November 2011 at 9:35am
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Hi Peacemaker, I am referring to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_aspects_of_Islam

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_secularism

People in the West are not afraid of secular Muslims. And they don't hate or fear Muslims who are in favor of religious freedom.

But they do fear Muslims who support rules like Muslim women can't marry a non-Muslim man. And rightfully so. I fear them to. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Greetings!

�But they do fear Muslims who support rules like Muslim women can't marry a non-Muslim man. And rightfully so. I fear them to. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.�

Every religion (in fact every system) has a code of conduct. Islam doesn�t force anyone to accept it.

Allah says in the Qur�an:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Qur�an 2:256

With regards to your links, I think when you are here, you should learn Islam from the reliable sources. Also, anyone, regardless of his or her credential, can edit Wikipedia; therefore, this source cannot be credible.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 12:17pm
If muslims believe there is no compulsion in religion, then I assume that all muslim posters in this thread agree that if (for example) a muslim female decides to renounce her faith, convert to Christianity, and marry a Christian, that she is perfectly free to do so. Correct?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

If muslims believe there is no compulsion in religion, then I assume that all muslim posters in this thread agree that if (for example) a muslim female decides to renounce her faith, convert to Christianity, and marry a Christian, that she is perfectly free to do so. Correct?

Greetings!

Please see the verse quoted earlier. It is very clear. One can be taught or persuaded to follow Islam. One cannot be compelled to follow Islam. For further clarification, please discuss in the Interfaith section. 

Let us stick to the topic please.

Peace
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

W.S. - Freedom for everybody including modern Muslims, who disagree with certain interpretations of traditional Islam. Freedom for everybody who believes in evolving religions.

I would agree that extremists need to be monitored, but what about when the surveillance system gets abused? I know from personal experience that it does get abused grossly, in ways you couldn't even begin to imagine. Innocent people's lives are ruined. Your life is like a mix of Orwell's 1984 and Kafka's The Process. I don't know how many victims there are but one is one too many. Freedom?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 12:46pm
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 1:05pm
peacemaker wrote:  Let us stick to the topic please.

I am on topic.

I agree that non-muslims don't fear secular Islam (i.e., Islam which has no legal standing in the courts), but we do fear muslims who believe that Sharia must be enforced through the legal system.

If muslims have the right to leave their religion without facing any legal consequences, then good.  That is secular islam.  But if muslims demand the right the inflict their religion by force on anyone (for example, to enforce a dress code upon muslim and non-muslim women, or to kill ex-muslims who convert to other religions), then that is not acceptable.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

peacemaker wrote:  Let us stick to the topic please.

I am on topic.

I agree that non-muslims don't fear secular Islam (i.e., Islam which has no legal standing in the courts), but we do fear muslims who believe that Sharia must be enforced through the legal system.

If muslims have the right to leave their religion without facing any legal consequences, then good.  That is secular islam.  But if muslims demand the right the inflict their religion by force on anyone (for example, to enforce a dress code upon muslim and non-muslim women, or to kill ex-muslims who convert to other religions), then that is not acceptable.

Greetings!

I have already pointed out that no adjective should be attached to Islam.

Also, the topic of shariah should be discussed in another thread.

Let us take an example. There is no shariah law in Germany. Please answer why these women were prevented from wearing hijab. Is this religious freedom?

Six German states banned the hijab. Some others instituted Muslim-specific questions in tests for citizenship, denied those deemed to have a religious orientation.�

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1055298

Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic