IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My thoughts on 9/11, ten years later...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My thoughts on 9/11, ten years later...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillinDayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My thoughts on 9/11, ten years later...
    Posted: 10 September 2011 at 9:36am
I've been thinking for about a week on the upcoming tenth anniversary of the attacks on America. I knew more what I didn't want to say than what I did. Billions of words have been written about the events of 9/11. The loss of life, the heroic efforts of the first responders, the sense of nationalism that swept the Country around that time. The lens through which Islam would be viewed through going forward. The causes. The conspiracy theories. Etc. If its remotely connected to that day, there's no shortage of content on the internet that's available. A Google search on "September 11th" and "911" produces over 256 Million returns in less than one second. Using the same search terms on Amazon.com, over 11 thousand returns appeared.

Should I have just skipped it? That didn't seem right either. Here's what I came up with...

My thoughts on the tenth Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks:

Nationalism is not always good...

Islam is not always bad...

I am an American and I love my Country. I am eternally glad I was born here than anywhere else. That said, if I were from Scotland or Canada or Japan or Israel or Syria, I'm guessing I would probably feel the same way. Would I necessarily want to live in those countries is another matter entirely. Economics play a big part in that kind of thing, so to leave your homeland for economic gain hardly cancels one's feelings toward a homeland. Yes, I felt swelled with a sense of nationalism on 9/11. Like many others, I went out to the store that day and purchased a flag. The biggest flag I could hang off of my front porch. That was the thing to do that day for guys like me. We donated to the Red Cross. We followed the news as things unfolded. I added an extra patriotic song to my performances. It wasn't much. It wasn't profound. It's just what I did.

What I didn't do that day, unlike a few of my fellow Ohioans, was to drive to the nearest Mosque and shoot at it. The thought never occurred to me. I'm quite glad for that, because I would've felt rather disgusting if it had. As I watched the images on TV of some in the Middle East dancing and celebrating in the streets, it bothered me. The first reaction was...

Read more...http://reasonableconversation.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-911-post.html
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 11:25am
BillinDayton View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillinDayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 1:32pm
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 1:55pm
All the events are just red herrings to get as many people on the road to bondage and serfdom!

The event like 911 had to happen in order to setup a Ponzi scheme to rob the world of Trillions of Dollars, Euros & Rials or whatever by the mammon worshipers aka banksters...This was happening while US and allies are fighting two full fledged wars on people who had nothing to do with 911?

Not everyone's relative died in 911 but everyone living in the US is burdened with the liability of thousands of dollars that thievery by the bankers through the tax and spend system have created... and that of course going to kill a lot more through misery.

Did anyone ever think that America will be a debtor nation to of all places a communist China in a decade?
The POTUS will be fighting the congress to beg for higher debt ceiling to pay the bills? People leaving their homes cuz they can't pay their mortgages they signed in rush for the so called the American dream. And that dream is fading fast and it happened in the cloud of 911. As the debt stands every American child to senior citizen is indebted to the debtors for $50K. As the rule goes the borrower has less respect and power with each passing day and this happened after the financial center of the country was attacked by an unconventional method. Then the financial center attacked the American and the rest of grieving world with their unconventional method aka sub prime loans, the derivatives and securities of no value with short selling and other parts of Ponzi scheme.
And no one has brains and guts to question those people who have gotten away withe heist of the history. 
Only a red herring likes of 911 could help do that! I don't know whether it was planned that way but it sure raises some pointed questionsWink

And only the bankers have the power to create money and the brains to devise that and whoever comes in front becomes a road kill!

The involvement of Arabs and by association other Muslims in this has just made their job doubly difficult when they were hardly qualified to do any bridge building in first place. They are very good in talking but the talking time is gone it is time to get to work and a hard one at that.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 12 September 2011 at 9:41pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
AgnesDei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgnesDei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 8:36pm
You can never justify the actions of those in the ME who danced and partied in the streets when America was attacked in a premeditated, vicious and devastating assault against CIVILIANS only......no military involved.   Men, women, and children from 175 countries attacked in the most horrendous manner by men from the ME.  It changed the world forever!  Just go to an airport to see what chaos it has created!!  I have forgiveness in my heart, as Jesus Christ instructed us to have.....but I will never forget what a world changing act these ME men committed.  NO, I will never forget.  And, NO, you will not change this topic to appear to be a conspiracy theory.  I lost friends in this act.  People I knew and loved.  I'll always remember them, their kindness, their love for humanity.....and I'll never forget how those hate mongers from the ME destroyed their futures and took them away from us. 
AgnesDei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgnesDei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 9:11pm
Signreader, your post is enough to make any decent, moral, upright, and kind person vomit.  It is people such as yourself who do great damage to muslims who are trying to do what is right in this world....but YOU are just a hate mongerer!  You dig up fantasties of which you know nothing.  Your claims repulse me and millions of other good people!

Edited by AgnesDei - 10 September 2011 at 9:12pm
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 8:24pm
AgnesDei/ Lamb of God/Patiamiagner or Pati
You have come to Ic under so many usernames that makes me wonder: what is you agenda anyways...
I think it is just being a nuisance under the pretext of  Catholicity!

It is obvious you have major comprehension issues in your second childhood and I feel for it.

I never justified the dumb dancers in ME, they are mentally challenged so far I am concerned.
Nowhere did I applaud the knuckleheads dancing in the streets. So cut the nonsense out.
You or anyone else doesn't have to forget anything, it happened and that is  fact...Who did that were mostly Saudis not Afghanis or Iraqis and that is a fact.

And high ranking people in Admin'n lied and that is a fact too.Colin Powell regrets
At least he owned up his mistake which cost million death and trillions $ wasted for black gold! 
When people in the high office lie through their teeth there a conspiracy shadows lurking around them I don't need to say it.
All I know is what happened was a horrific act. period  

You claim to have direct link to Jesus get more facts and bring them down for us. LOL

For a person of mentally challenged state it is absolutely impossible to see and understand the economic disaster the banksters have wrought on the dumb Americans in general and the world in particular since the event in 2001 through subprime and the securities fraud. Are you even qualified to discuss the subject?
I am sorry, you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 11 September 2011 at 8:31pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
AgnesDei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgnesDei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:47am
Just reading your illiterate and hatefilled post only proves my point.  You are quite adept at insulting any non-muslim.   Where did I state I have a direct line to Jesus??  I do, but only through prayer.  For the record I am certainly not mentally challenged, and Americans are not dumb.  Your own words are the reason many people in the civilized world are fed up with Muslims.....because they read and hear so many discriminatory, insulting, and inflamatory comments just like yours.  You do not want peace.....you want domination.  You, and others who believe and speak with such disgusting language, do more to harm the religion of Islam than any other force on earth.  You are to be shunned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic