IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ? for Christians...WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? for Christians...WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 3:21pm
Thanks reepicheep,
Ok, so Jesus was preaching something, "Good News" you agree as say in the Bible, but you don't believe it was revelation from God that he was preaching?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 6:42pm
honeto wrote:  you don't believe it was revelation from God that he was preaching?

I believe that Jesus is God, so of course I believe that what Jesus preached came from God.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 3:00pm
That is interesting, if he was God I wonder why would these words are associated with him, and they clearly show that he has a God, and let us examine some of those sayings claimed to be Jesus' words:
In John chapter 14 verse 31 we read: " 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence"
Here Jesus (pbuh) is claiming to have received commandment from someone other than himself!
Simple questions arise like: If he was God, tell me do God receive or need commandment(s)?
And from who?
In order to keep it simple, untangled and beneficial, I will stop here and wait for your reply before continuing.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 October 2011 at 3:01pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 6:50am
honeto wrote: John chapter 14 verse 31 ("I love the Father and I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.") ... If he was God, tell me do God receive or need commandment(s)?  And from who?

In this chapter Jesus stresses that his followers should be obedient to him (e.g., v15: "If you love me, you will obey what I command."; also v21 and v23).  In v31, Jesus is showing us by example what he means (i.e., we are expected to be obedient to God, in the same way that Jesus is obedient to the Father).
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 3:48pm

All I wanted to say with this verse was that Jesus is said to have recieved commands from "God the Father". He recieved commands! that is all I wanted to emphasis.

Hasan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2011 at 5:35pm
honeto wrote: Jesus is said to have recieved commands from "God the Father"

So, as a muslim, you believe it is wrong for a muslim to listen to his or her parents, or treat them with respect?  Is that why you are surprised that Jesus listened to his Father?

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2011 at 5:15pm
no, that he received commands from God.
Hasan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 8:21am
honeto wrote: he received commands from God.

Why do you find it strange that God would follow his own commands????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic