IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ? for Christians...WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? for Christians...WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 10:59pm
Peace to all!

It seems to me Mr. Jack and Reepicheep agree with all that I have explained here. I thought they would try to refute me. I'll add the marvel and wonder for them.

And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. Lu 13:29 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Can a man who don�t know to read and write move  such a masses; create such a large congregation comprises of all nations and tribes from the King to the beggar standing side by side speaking different languages with no confusion? Jesus (S) prophesy that in Matthew 21:42-44.

Muhammad (S) didn�t know to read and write:

And thou (O Muhammad) was not (able) to recite a book before this (book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case indeed, would the talkers of vanity have doubted. (Q.29:48)

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him. He was taught by one mighty in power. (Q.53:3-5)

�Therefore say I unto you the kingdom of God shall taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (Matt.21:43). This is the Lord�s doings, and it is marvelous in our eyes. (Matt.21:42)

TRUTHNOWCOME

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 11:04pm

JESUS (S) TELLS US WHO CHRISTIANS IS REALLY FOLLOWING

It is mentioned in Matthew24

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.  5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many�. Matthew24:4-5

Did Muhammad (S) come in Jesus (S) name and say I am Christ? No! Did the Angel that spoke to Muhammad (S) claim that he is Jesus (S)? No!

Let us look at Paul encounter:

Acts 9:1-8

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

What Jesus (S) said? He said:

�For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.�  Matthew24:5    

Note: Paul never met Jesus (S) and he said: �he saw a light� and �heard a voice� and the voice claimed that: �he is Jesus�

What is most striking is the divine word the voice mentioned:

it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.� Acts 9:1-8 KJV. Is that a word from God or the Devil?

THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND THE DEVIL�S INFILTRATION

Jesus (S) explained the Devil will also have a message here to deceive the world in his name:

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.� Matthew24:5   

Matthew13:24-30

Jesus (S) said:

24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:�

The �seed� is the �Everlasting Good news� and the �man� it that �male child� who was to rule all people and nations.

25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 �But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew13:36-44

36Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

What is the good seed that Jesus (S) sowed? It is the message of the coming of the Kingdom of God (Islam)!

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

That happens when Paul had the visit which he claimed that it was Jesus (S) whom he never met nor saw before:

�And he (Paul) said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks�And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. Acts 9:1-8   

What Jesus said?

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Matthew24:5.

The Devil has sowed tares (falsehood) among the wheat (truth) 

Then that falsehood later established a foundation at the counsel of Nicaea Council 325 A.D. the new form of Christianity: http://www.islamtomorrow.com/bible/NicaeaCouncil325.htm

Then After the Romans were defeated by the Muslims in 638, the new form of Christianity under Pope Gregory the Great (590-604), he converted the Anglo-Saxon invaders of Great Britain to his new form of Christianity (Pagan Christianity) which later known as the Crusaders  [the seventh king (Empire)] then evolve in the west as the eight king (Modern day Pagan�s Empire) and he will go into eternal damnation: �And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eight, and of the seven, and goeth into perdition� (Rev.17:11).  It was Great Britain and the west the Devil used to sow his tares (children of the wicked one) universally against the children of the Kingdom of God (Those who followed God�s universal message).

40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

44Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

�Treasure� is Knowledge of the �everlasting Good News� and �field� is the �world�.

Matthew13:45-52

45Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:

46Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

47Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

48Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

49So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

51Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

52THEN SAID HE UNTO THEM, THEREFORE EVERY SCRIBE WHICH IS INSTRUCTED UNTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS LIKE UNTO A MAN THAT IS AN HOUSEHOLDER, WHICH BRINGETH FORTH OUT OF HIS TREASURE THINGS NEW AND OLD.

�HIS TREASURE (KNOWLEDGE)� USING THE OLD MESSAGE (O.T. AND N.T.) TO MAKE CLEAR THE NEW MESSAGE (EVERLASTING GOOD NEWS) THE QUR�AN!

BEHOLD, THE FORMER THINGS ARE COME TO PASS, AND NEW THINGS DO I DECLARE: BEFORE THEY SPRING FORTH I TELL YOU. (ISAIAH.42:9)

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Luke 8:10 

And the gospel (Good News of the Kingdom of God) must first be published among all nations. Mark 13:10

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's (Good News of the Kingdom of God), the same shall save it. Mark 8:35

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel (Good News of the Kingdom of God) to every creature. Mark 16:15 (the coming of the everlasting Good News: The Qur�an)

TRUTHNOWCOME

Edited by truthnowcome - 02 October 2011 at 11:12pm
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 5:28am
truthnowcome wrote: It seems to me Mr. Jack and Reepicheep agree with all that I have explained here.

Well, I can't speak for Jack, but I certainly don't agree with what you wrote.

Let's go back and review your initial premise which lead to all your bizarre rants and cut and pastes:

Some English language translations of the bible contain the word "gospel". The word "gospel" has two meanings. When reading the bible, it is impossible to know which meaning to use. Therefore, Christianity is a false religion.

Only the most simple minded of fools would accept your claim as being true.  Since everything you wrote is based upon the above premise, all the stuff you subsequently wrote is clearly nonsense.  So, I feel no need to reply to your posts.

A house built upon sand cannot stand (Matthew chapter 7).  Likewise, an argument built upon false axioms is nothing but lies and nonsense.  But, please don't let me stop you.  If you feel compelled to continue your rant, then go ahead.  But don't be under the delusion that you are revealing some "great truth" through your posts. 

Edited by Reepicheep - 03 October 2011 at 5:31am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 2:25pm
Hi,
I don't have problem Gospel (Injeel) meaning good news, the Quran means "recital".
What I was particularly interested in knowing if there is anything like "Gospel by Jesus" what he use to teach and preach as mentioned in the NT.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 5:53pm
honeto wrote: if there is anything like "Gospel by Jesus" what he use to teach and preach as mentioned in the NT.

I can think of two ways to interpret your question, so I'll give two answers.

If you are asking, "are there any documents which were written by Jesus", then the answer is no.  There are no documents in existance today which can be reliably said to have been written by Jesus.

If you are asking "did Jesus quote from any existing documents when he taught", then the answer is yes.  There are places in the New Testament where Jesus taught lessons from the Old Testament.  To repeat an example I gave earlier in this thread:

He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:

�The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor..."

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, �Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.� Luke 4:16-20
An examination of the OT Book of Isaiah reveals that Jesus was quoting from Isaiah 61:1-2. So, not only do we have Jesus telling us that he is preaching the good news, he quotes from the Old Testament to show that his coming was predicted in the scriptures
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 6:49pm

Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

truthnowcome wrote: It seems to me Mr. Jack and Reepicheep agree with all that I have explained here.

Well, I can't speak for Jack, but I certainly don't agree with what you wrote.

Let's go back and review your initial premise which lead to all your bizarre rants and cut and pastes:

Some English language translations of the bible contain the word "gospel". The word "gospel" has two meanings. When reading the bible, it is impossible to know which meaning to use. Therefore, Christianity is a false religion.

Only the most simple minded of fools would accept your claim as being true. Since everything you wrote is based upon the above premise, all the stuff you subsequently wrote is clearly nonsense. So, I feel no need to reply to your posts.

A house built upon sand cannot stand (Matthew chapter 7). Likewise, an argument built upon false axioms is nothing but lies and nonsense. But, please don't let me stop you. If you feel compelled to continue your rant, then go ahead. But don't be under the delusion that you are revealing some "great truth" through your posts.

Reepicheep, I had in mind you would have come out from your hole! If my argument built on as you call it, false axioms and say it nothing but lies; prove me wrong!

It is you who said: �the greek word in the bible manuscripts is εὐαγγέλιον which can be literally� translated into English as �good news��. The rest of translations are opinions of Christian�s scholars, exa. Godspell, gospel and gostspell, etc.

What I have done first is to establish the usage of the word and I have given this two examples:

Here in Luke the word used to anounced the birth of John (S): Link of whole chapter: Luke 1

Lu 1:19 The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presenceof God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.

The word used here to announce the birth of Jesus (S). Link of whole chapter: Luke 2

Lu 2:10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good newsof great joy which will be for all the people;

And I have said: �As you can see the word �Good News� is used to make spicial anouncement of importance.

So when it was used to announce Jesus (S) message the same application applies.

Mt 4:23

And Jesus went about (5707) all Galilee, teaching (5723) in their synagogues, and preaching (5723) the gospel (Good News) of the kingdom, and healing (5723) all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Jesus (S) was announcing to Good News of the coming of God�s kingdom on earth, he was teaching and preaching to the people the Good news of God�s kingdom; and I heve give you a barage of proof that the Good News of God�s Kingdom was a message and you can�t refute me, you call it, false axioms and say it nothing but lies. IF IT IS A LIE PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!! IT CANNOT BE A LIE ONLESS IT IS PROVEN TO BE SO!

Let us look at it again: We can�t say, for example instead of using the literal meaning �Good News� and used �god spell or gospell which has no meaning except the spell of the gost; it would not be applacable to the birt of John or Jesus (S).

Example:

We can�t read, The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presenceof God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this gospel or godspell. Lu 1:19. I have to be Good News!

Again: But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you gospel or godspell of great joy which will be for all the people; Lu 2:10. It has to be Good news!

So how can you say the word have two meanings when you haven�t proven to me how? Show me from the writhings, prove me wrong! Prove me to be lierd! Prove me to be false! Dont show me some scholars� opinnion of the word! I have given you two verses as my proof. Let me give you one more.

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of haven, having the everlasting gospel (THE EVERLASTING GOOD NEWS) to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. Saying with aloud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come.� (Rev.14:6-7)

Same word used there to preach (to announce something that is of highly importante) the comming Judgment / the universal message.

Prove me wrong!

TRUTHNOWCOME

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:42pm
Reepicheep,
I meant was what you interpreted in your second answer.
I know when reading the Bible I remember verses where Jesus (pbuh) is quoted to have preached Gospel, as in Matt 4:23 mentioned by TNC.
Whether, it was in written form or not, God's revelation to Jesus (pbuh) it seem that Gospel was the message he was preaching, according to the above quote. Kind of like Porphet Mohammed (pbuh) preaching the Qruan, recieved as revelations. In later case we do have the Quran as preached by the Prophet, what I was asking was if there is anything like The Gospel, as recieved by Jesus as God's revelation which is mentioned he was preaching, in what we have as the Bible.
Gospels according to Mark, Matthew, and so on are kind of like narrations or hadiths for Muslims by disciples of the Prophet about his teachings, where is the Christian equivalent of the Quran? (that Jesus (pbuh) is quoted to be preaching in the Bible.)
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 05 October 2011 at 1:57pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2011 at 5:48am
honeto wrote: I know when reading the Bible I remember verses where Jesus (pbuh) is quoted to have preached Gospel... Whether, it was in written form or not, God's revelation to Jesus (pbuh) it seem that Gospel was the message he was preaching... what I was asking was if there is anything like The Gospel, as recieved by Jesus as God's revelation which is mentioned he was preaching, in what we have as the Bible.

You are correct when you say that the "gospel was the message he was preaching".  In other words, when the English word "gospel" is used in English language translations of the bible, it is referring to the message that Jesus taught and not to an actual book.  Jesus taught these lessons orally, he wasn't reading from a book which was already in existance (other than when he quoted from the Old Testament to illustrate his lessons).

The books of the New Testament, and in particular the four books Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, were written after the death and resurrection of Jesus, but they contain a record of what Jesus taught.   

Edited by Reepicheep - 06 October 2011 at 5:55am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic