IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - schmikbob’s questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

schmikbob�s questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 7:17am
Locker, I think perhaps you are the one that should go back and read the thread comments more carefully.  You are confused.

In your post on the Quran and astrophysics you are associating broad statements in the Quran (I will avoid the word vague because it appears to iritate some people) with very specific scientific theories by using words such a "could mean this" and "might mean that".  To me this means that they equally "could mean" and "might mean" something completely different and with no data to back things up all you are doing is guessing.  To me, anyone can guess and all this does is demonstrate a willingness to accept things with no data. 
locker_13 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote locker_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 7:46am
Well, then, why don't you start posting your qustions? We are here to answer them.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:44pm

Locker, why do you think I have questions.  I have a few comments that I made in my last post.  I didn't pose any questions.

m.sumair View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.sumair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 12:17pm
schmikbob, u keep insisting on that Quran has vague statements...something which may fits into modren science...." so than these statements are probablites assumption and estimates. Quran has approx 1000 signs (statements) or maybe more which speaks about modrn science. Lets say (for the sake of argument) tht wht u say is right well....schmikbob what Probability will it make tht all signs provided in Quran are correct!! AND did i mention tht each sign has its own Probability Ratio. should i share few signs..like Sun rotates in its axsis, Moon has its reflected light not of its own, living being primary component is water, energy is undestructble but transfrble, what u speak (soundwave) donot leave atmosphere, human has limited vision and hearng but there are voices and vision beyond his limit,(plz concrn Quran for complete & adequte undrstandng) & many others... complete Embrology in 7 signs is mentioned in Quran. Dr. Keethmoor who discover the science of Embrology (in 1950's) wrote a book (2nd edition) and mention those signs as ref. to his discovry (those signs b/f to him by muslim medical students)..plz google it to get complete info.

So schmikbob if Quran is book ful of estimates than OH MY..THAN this book is a mricale in itself (and indeed Quran is a Blessing)...we human hav limited power and ability, if we use it with care & precaution thn we may prove to be effective & effcient in utilizing ourself AND Quran is that guide (user manual) for humans to effectivly do what he needs to do.
Schmikbob its good tht u believe tht u there is no god...bt if ur man of science thn u must be a reasonble person (and nt stubbron) so look around u, the Systems (nature) wrkng all around u. Hav u notice the system wrkng within u? How much cntrl do u hav on it? How ths highly complex system cme into existance? It surely hav a Procedure..Who design such procedures and Who decide whch procedure cmes whn?
Well there is One And only One ALLAH (the most merciful and graceful). He is above all, the systems & nature r all under His contrl & wish and He is to be praised & obeyed abv all...dont u?
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2012 at 11:19pm
m.sumair, you have written that   "so than these statements are probablites assumption and estimates".  I'm not sure how you get from my statement about vague statement in the Quran to this.  I completely disagree that vague statements in any way resemble probability estimates or assumptions.  I'm not certain you understand the concept of probability.
m.sumair View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.sumair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2012 at 6:33am
schmikbob, than what u understand (think) when you said that Quran has vague statements...and plz explain your understanding of Probabilities...not the typical explanations of Mathematician, but the simple understanding of yours..    
asheque View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asheque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 11:17pm
I can't denay the orders of Allah descrived in Qur'an.
I have to obey every and each word of Allah.There is
none to be obeyed without Lord,Allah,God
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic