IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some questions regarding the Muslim Fatih  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some questions regarding the Muslim Fatih

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BW77 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BW77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some questions regarding the Muslim Fatih
    Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:06am
To SeekShidayath,

thank you for the reference I will take a look at it.

BW77
BW77 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BW77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:04am
Dear Friendship,

Thank you for your reply,I do not believe asking questions leads to further misguidance especially if you ask for clarification and direction from one who knows the original language and intent of a passage or belief. By asking questions one can make up their mind regarding the truth or come closest to the truth as possible. I am still waiting for a reply on a more personal basis to the questions in my previous post and hopefully in more detail.

Thank you,

BW77
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 12:15pm
Hello BW77

Apologies again for being late to respond

Can you kindly refer to this site

http://www.answering-christianity.com/ac6.htm#links

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 10:32pm
Assalamu alaika BW77.

You said: . Apparently there are many verses that speak about those who have corrupted the gospels, are there any original texts from the gospels by which we can compare with the ones that are said to be corrupted?
REPLY: First of all understand what Jesus son of Maryam said in Matthew 5.
Secondly: The only question the followers of Jesus son of Maryam asked Muhammad Rasulullah after the conquest of Makka was on the nature of Jesus- Is he a son of Allah? It was at that time the holy Qur'an chapter 3:33-62 was revealed in which Allah not Muhammad denied that. Now, if you have studied the Bible carefully and have used your right of discrimination, Moses did not mention Jesus as a son of Allah. This topic has been discussed, but it is irrelevant. If his mother called him my son, then him becoming the son of Allah must be after his birth.
About sins. Understand how a sin is punished in the Bible from Adam to Jesus before you understand how a sin was puinished according to the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah. There is no difference.
I advise you to make up your mind on what you want. Asking questions leads to further misguidance.
Friendship.
BW77 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BW77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 4:41am
Thank you very much for your detailed and specific answers. I am sorry that I forgot that it was the time of Ramadan. You have answered some of the misconceptions that I had concerning the Muslim faith and I will keep these as a reference. I appreciate your honesty.

Even though I am a Christian I am not offended by your answers,and I do not think it was answered in an offensive way. I actually have the Bible in the original languages as well as in English so there are no red letters in the original.

You have been very specific in your answers from the Qur'an. If it is not a problem I would like to ask a few more. So here is goes.

Maybe this is more of a logical question and I will not be offended by the answer.

1.Since Islam see's it self as the final revelation of God, how do they see the rest of the world who are not Muslims?

2. How are the Muslims to win over those who are not Muslims?

3. Based on your statements about the corruption of the text. When were the texts corrupted?

4. Does the Qur'an see everyone as being made in the image of God and having equal value?

I look forward to your answers,

Kind regards,

BW77

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 7:51am
Quote 4.What does the Qur�n say anything about heaven for the faithful women. What waits for them there?

In a nut-shell, for the faithful women - Heaven contains whatever their hearts would desire. God speaks of that in numerous places in the Qur'an and even through Hadith. [Qur'an 25:16]. "For them there will be
therein all that they wish for: they will dwell (there) for aye: a promise to be prayed for from thy Lord."
Hug

So whatever we desire!

A few more examples from the Qur'an:

Jannah described in al-Qur'an: 2:25 al-Baqara:

"But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness that
their portion is Gardens beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed
with fruits therefrom they say: "Why this is what we were fed with before"
for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions
(pure and holy); and they abide therein (for ever)." [Note by Chrysalis: these verses address both men & women]

3:15. Aali Imran:

"Say: shall I give you glad tidings of things far better than those? For
the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord with rivers flowing
beneath; Therein is their eternal home; with spouses purified and the good
pleasure of Allah, for in Allah's sight are (all) His servants." [Notice how it uses the gender-neutral term spouses!]

4:57 an-Nisaa:

"But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness We shall soon admit
to gardens with rivers flowing beneath their eternal home: therein shall
they have companions pure and holy: We shall admit them to shades cool and ever deepening."

9:72 at-Tawbah:

"Allah hath promised to believers men and women gardens under which
rivers flow to dwell therein and beautiful mansions in gardens of
everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss in the Good Pleasure of Allah:
that is the supreme felicity."

18:31 al-Kahf: "For them will be Gardens of Eternity;
beneath them rivers will flow; they will be adorned therein with bracelets
of gold and they will wear green garments of fine silk and heavy brocade;
they will recline therein on raised thrones. How good the recompense! How
beautiful a couch to recline on!
"

And many more, which can be viewed at:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?9716-Verses-about-Jannah

Hope that helps BW77! Pls don't hesitate to ask if I have confused you etc.

Kind Regards,

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 7:31am
Originally posted by BW77 BW77 wrote:

Thank you again for your time,further clarification and insight on my questions. From your answers I would like to ask a few more questions, since this is a very interesting topic and that I am able to write to those who have a deeper understanding of their faith.Thank you for quoting the texts from the Qur�n.

1. Apparently there are many verses that speak about those who have corrupted the gospels, are there any original texts from the gospels by which we can compare with the ones that are said to be corrupted?

Hi BW77!

As Muslims, one way we assume the text is corrupted is when it deviates from the Message of Allah. As Muslims, we believe that since Day 1 (i.e. Adam) God has taught us to worship one God i.e. Him. So texts that talk of Jesus being son of God etc will be considered corrupted by us [an example]. It is possible that the texts which have a common message as the Qur'an could be uncorrupted! God Knows best...

Also, in order for the Texts to be uncorrupted, they should not have been written by a man - so any Texts written by Saints etc, should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Also, I think you have a 'red letter' bible, in which the actual words of Jesus are in red font - which indicates even to Christians that the non-red font is not Jesus' words... chances are, they are probably corrupted. (I hope that did not offend you if you are Christian).

So it would be difficult to say which parts or texts are uncorrupted, and whether we do have texts that are untouched. We can only assume based on our research, historic accuracies etc.

Quote 2. Does the Qur�n say that Jesus is the word of God and the Spirit of God? If so what does that mean in Islam? 

Well, the Qur'an speaks of Jesus as a Prophet of God, and that He sent down his Word (i.e. a gospel/book) upon Jesus. But there is no mention of Jesus being the spirit of God. Jesus was a prophet similar to Prophet Muhammad - i.e. a mortal human being. There are numerous verses that talk about Jesus peace be upon him, here is a compilation of all verses in Qur'an pertaining to Jesus, hope it helps:

http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/jesusq.htm#religion

Quote 3. How does a Muslim know they are loved and accepted by God on earth. This relates to my previous question about is God personally knowable and how?

Well, our inner meter tends to tell us if we are doing the right thing... but then again there are many people who have a broken moral  compass, so it might not work for them!!!

There is no one-line or one-word answer to how we can gain the love of God. It has to be through our intentions (foremost) and then our actions. There are numerous verses in the Qur'an that mention how Allah loves so & so, or such & such deeds. Hence if a Muslim is striving to perform those deeds and measure up to the standard set by God - they will gain the love of God. A few examples from Islamic texts:

1. And My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved to Me than the religious duties I have obligated upon him. And My servant continues to draw near to me with nawaafil (supererogatory) deeds until I Love him. When I Love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him; and were he to seek refuge with Me, I would surely grant him refuge. [Hadith from Bukhari]

2. �Truly Allah (God) loves those who turn to Him in repentance� [Qur'an: Al-Baqarah: 222]

3. �Allah (God) loves those who put their trust in Him.� [Qur'an Ali 'Imran: 159]

4. �Verily, Allah (God) loves those who acts justly.� [Qur'an Al Ma'idah: 42]

And there are many more attributes that God says He loves, mentioned in Hadith (Prophetic Sayings) and the Quran. So if we are performing those deeds [with sincere intentions] then we are gaining the Love of God. If you would like to read more, this is where I got the verses from:

http://msmwestmidlands.wordpress.com/2009/02/19/steps-to-gain-allahs-love/

So a muslim, depending on his/her situation or role in society can gain the love of God in numerous ways!

Quote This relates to my previous question about is God personally knowable and how?

Of course a person can feel an intimate closeness to God, and how we perceive Him is different. The hadith I related above describes it nicely, that when we 'really know God' - whatever we do, we do as if we could see Him... one can also 'know' God by understanding the 99 attributes of Allah. Also, God says Himself:

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me.
If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and
if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an
assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm�s length, I draw
near to him a fathom�s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at
speed. [
Hadith al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah)]

Edited by Chrysalis - 28 August 2011 at 7:35am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2011 at 12:23am
Hello BW77

Apologies for not turning up and writing to you. Since we are into last days of auspicious islamic month, we are very busy into it. Your questions need very detailed replies. Insha Allah, by next week shall answer your post. Hope and wish you shall wait untill then

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic