IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam # Taoism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam # Taoism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taiji_Tao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 6:54pm

Edited by Taiji_Tao - 24 November 2015 at 5:57pm
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 11:23am
Thanks for the information.  I have looked into the meaning of "Shangdi" and it is usually translated as "Emperor of Heaven" which by implication means "God".  But I had never heard of "Tao" before.  I am very much interested in this subject.  Can you recommend any books I can get to learn more?  Or should I just read the writings of the philosophers you mentioned?

Also, if I may ask, are you a Muslim?  If so, are you a convert?  If you are not a Muslim, why not?        
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Taiji_Tao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taiji_Tao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 1:02pm

Taiji_Tao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taiji_Tao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 1:12pm

Taiji_Tao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taiji_Tao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 1:41pm

taoist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taoist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2011 at 9:43pm
Taiji Tao please show me in the Tao De Ching where it shows you how to get to heaven.  Also Islam is peace read the Tao de Ching for yourself and see if you find any way they could be compatible .  I can,t.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 1:29pm
As-salaam alaikum.  Thanks for the recommendations.  I will certainly look into them. 

Since you accept the Islamic creed, I guess the next relevant question is do you actually practice Islam as your religion?  Do you believe that Islam is the only religion that God (Tao) will accept now that it has been revealed.  The Quran states that the prophets who were sent in the past were sent to their own people.  Muhammad (pbuh) on the other hand was sent to all mankind, so Islam is a universal religion.   

Also, taoist has raised some objections to some of your claims.  I would be interested in how you respond to them, since this is your area of expertise. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Taiji_Tao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taiji_Tao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 4:17pm

Edited by Taiji_Tao - 24 November 2015 at 5:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic