IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Query to the Admin of this Forum!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Query to the Admin of this Forum!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarkeranwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Query to the Admin of this Forum!
    Posted: 02 September 2005 at 12:52am

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. 

Assalamu Alaykum

It appears that I am not allowed to create a new topic or post a response in "Quran & Sunnah" and "Islam Basic" forums. May I know the reasons, please?

Moreover, a thread called "Quran Alone" initiated by Noah under the "Quran & Sunnah" forum where I have refuted the distorted views of Noah with Verses from the Holy Quran no longer exists. May I know what happened to this thread & why!

Jazak Allahu Khairan for your response!

Sarkeranwar

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 4:27am

I think I can shed some light on the subject

I believe its ALL memebers that cannot access a few areas. The moderators are in the process of changing a few things to make those forums just islamic beliefs / discussions and not mixed opinions with secular input (if it can be achieved).

You see the old forum, some areas were just for islamic issues and posts were moderatored before postings but this cannot happen here as the set up is totally different.

Hope this helps, and by the way I'm not a moderator I only know because I asked privately a few days ago

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 8:11am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

The thread "Quran Alone" has been moved to Islamic intrafaith dialogues.

We are unable to manage the traffic and number of posts that come on a daily basis, while allowing all members access to all forums.

The themes for Islamicity discussions are manifold. We want this place to serve as a chat room, a place to share and learn the deen, and a place to discuss islam with people of other faiths as well.

Some muslims had complained about dilution of certain areas with non-islamic material, thus we see it fit to close certain forums to many members, allowing only those who are interested in sharing purely islamic knowledge in these areas.

It will not be an easy job, since forum configurations will be changed for members individually. Further, at this point the complete list of forums that will be closed, is not final.

Till the final shape of the new plans emerge, I request and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 8:07am
Nausheen, do you think you can open up islam and sciences for all? please

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 10:29pm
I would like to see the hidden "Jazz" thread and the hidden "Yusuf" thread opened up for all.

Why are there hidden threads titled with the nicks of forum members?

[58.7] Do you not see that Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth? Nowhere is there a secret counsel between three persons but He is the fourth of them, nor (between) five but He is the sixth of them, nor less than that nor more but He is with them wheresoever they are; then He will inform them of what they did on the day of resurrection: surely Allah is Cognizant of all things.

Edited by Jazz
antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 9:19am

no priviligies!

i can't even copy my words over from my PC

whats happened your leaders not happy, people not willing to blindly follow them, or politely agree with everything they say!
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 10:06am
It is a genuine attempt to keep things clear, Antony.

Stick around. The moderators are good.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic