IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Islam is the only right religion" topic  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Islam is the only right religion" topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Islam is the only right religion" topic
    Posted: 31 July 2011 at 12:22am
If we were to say that no religion in the world today is correct, then this would entail believing that God is unjust because He left us to wander about on earth in sin and transgression without showing us the right way to do things, and this is impossible for a Just God.  Therefore the only logical conclusion is that there is One True Religion, which contains guidance in all spheres of life, religious, moral, societal, and individual.

How do we know what this one true religion is?  It is upon each and every human to investigate this matter.  Humans were created to fulfill a great purpose, not just to eat, sleep and go about finding their daily sustenance and satiate their desires.  In order to fulfill this purpose, one must try to find what their purpose is, and this can only be done by investigation.  If one believes that there is a God, and that God must not have left humans to wander in misguidance, then they must search for the religion and way of life which God revealed.  Furthermore, this religion would not be hidden or hard for humans to find or understand, for that would defeat the purpose of guidance.  Also, the religion must contain the same message throughout time, since we mentioned that everything returns to one absolute truth.  Also, this religion cannot contain any falsities or contradictions, for falseness or contradiction in one matter of the religion proves the falsity of the religion as a whole, since we would then doubt the integrity of its texts.

There is no other religion which fulfills the conditions mentioned above except for religion of Islam, the religion which is accordance to human nature, the religion which has been preached by all prophets since the dawn of man.  Other religions found today, such as Christianity and Judaism, are the remnants of the religion brought by the prophets in their time, which was Islam. However, over time, they have been altered and lost, and what is left today of these religions is a mix of truth and falsehood.  The only religion which has been preserved and preaches the same message brought by all prophets is the religion of Islam, the one true religion, which rules all sphere�s of humans� lives, religious, political, societal, and individual, and it is upon all humans to investigate this religion, to ascertain its truth, and to follow it.
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 8:18am

Originally posted by Usmani Usmani wrote:

If we were to say that no religion in the world today is correct, then this would entail believing that God is unjust because He left us to wander about on earth in sin and transgression without showing us the right way to do things, and this is impossible for a Just God.  Therefore the only logical conclusion is that there is One True Religion, which contains guidance in all spheres of life, religious, moral, societal, and individual.

Wouldn't the logical conclusion be that there is no God?

Or if there is, wouldn't it be more rational to assume that God has given us all the intellectual and emotional tools we need to determine for ourselves the right way to live?  There are good people in the world among all the religions, and many more who have no religion.  We don't need gods to tell us not to hurt each other, to deal honestly with one another, to help each other when we can, and so on.

The rest of your post is filled with suppositions so I won't address it in detail.  One thing I will agree with, however, is that if this hypothetical God really wanted us to have one "right" religion, he would not have made it obscure or hard to recognize.  He certainly would not have revealed it only to one person, in one language and at one time and place.  I also agree that he would never have allowed it to become corrupt or distorted, as apparently Islam has been, over and over again since Adam.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 1:44pm

Assalamu Alaikum and hello everyone,

This thread is created as a result of the thread:

The last two posts from the previous  thread have been moved to  this thread. 

Please continue your discussion here.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker - 01 August 2011 at 2:07pm
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 12:58pm
Dear Ron,

Quote:-Wouldn't the logical conclusion be that there is no God?

Reply:-No it can never be a logical conclusion sir. If someone ask you that all the high rises in Toronto and others buildings were not build by human but they emerged itself you may got there first time??? Can these huge structures with all the facilities like utilities waterlines, electrical wiring, airconditioning, fire alarm so on and so for and no one created them? A logical reply would be that fellow who told you that is out of his mind.

Universe is more than 1000 times more complex than buildings of Toronto.Jusk look at this planet earth only every facility is provided here for us to live here. Every kind of things are there so we can build buildings, cars, industries and many more things which you may know than me.

Quote:-Or if there is, wouldn't it be more rational to assume that God has given us all the intellectual and emotional tools we need to determine for ourselves the right way to live?  There are good people in the world among all the religions, and many more who have no religion.  We don't need gods to tell us not to hurt each other, to deal honestly with one another, to help each other when we can, and so on.

Reply:-Yes God wants us not to hurt each other, to deal honestly with one another, to help each other when we can, and so on. But things are not end here rather start from here. Like God created us to worship Him. How to worship you can�t have your own way you must find out from revelations.

Quote:-The rest of your post is filled with suppositions so I won't address it in detail.  One thing I will agree with, however, is that if this hypothetical God really wanted us to have one "right" religion, he would not have made it obscure or hard to recognize.  He certainly would not have revealed it only to one person, in one language and at one time and place.

Reply:-There was a time when God used to send Prophets for every bunch of people where they used to live as you said but now it is not require. The world has change, translations of God message is easily available in many languages and people who knows how to follow them are there in every part of the world one can learn from them.

Quote: - I also agree that he would never have allowed it to become corrupt or distorted, as apparently Islam has been, over and over again since Adam.

Reply:-Strong believe in God (Which is quite logical as discuss above) is the first step towards this journey. Once you have that the others steps will clear for you to understand, that how things works here. If you don�t borther, GOD also doesn�t borther.Then who will the loser.

Usmani
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 8:45am
Following is a link of a recitation of prayer to God,Red by a religious schalor.

Jack Catholic View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Catholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 6:39pm
Dear Usmani,

You wrote some standards which qualify a religion as the true religion.  I will quote you here, "this religion would not be hidden or hard for humans to find or understand, for that would defeat the purpose of guidance.  Also, the religion must contain the same message throughout time, since we mentioned that everything returns to one absolute truth.  Also, this religion cannot contain any falsities or contradictions, for falseness or contradiction in one matter of the religion proves the falsity of the religion as a whole, since we would then doubt the integrity of its texts."

I do not visit this string of posts often, but since I am here while waiting for another string I've started to be made public on this forum board, I suppose I could contribute something.

I have investigated many religions in my lifetime.  I have found one that is not hidden, which has a very simple message that is easy to understand, one that contains the same message as when Allah first gave it to Adam and Abraham before us, one that does not contain any falsities or contradictions.  The message of this religion is that Allah loves us so much that he created us, and he wills that we love him back.  He told us that not to love him is to reject him, that sin (behaviors which hurt Him and others) is a rejection of Him each time we commit it, and that sin ends in death of some sort, ultimately in our own death forever.  It teaches that Allah wills that no one should reject him, and thus that none should die by rejecting him.  Yet the reality is that we reject Allah, and we reject his will and so sin and so deserve death for the death we cause ourselves and others.  This religion I have discovered to meet your qualifications further tells us that Allah loves us so much that he sent his only son to earth to teach us how to love Allah, then paid the price for our sins so as to give us another chance to love Allah again correctly.  It's a religion of truth with a very simple message, and it's called Christianity. 

In a string of posts which has been around for a while called, "The Holy Bible did not evolve!", we learned exactly how this religion contained consistancy and no contradiction, how it passes all the tests which you have provided here, also how it provides us with hope and love, two elements which make our faith life much more successful.   I invite you to stop looking at it and actually look into it to learn the truth of what Christianity is all about.  Perhaps you might be surprised to learn things about humanity, about  Allah, and about his will and love for us that you may have sensed, but never been able to put your finger on before.   So I invite you...

May Allah bless you, Usmani,

Jack Catholic

Edited by Jack Catholic - 18 September 2011 at 6:48pm
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Jack Catholic Jack Catholic wrote:

Dear Usmani,

You wrote some standards which qualify a religion as the true religion.  I will quote you here, "this religion would not be hidden or hard for humans to find or understand, for that would defeat the purpose of guidance.  Also, the religion must contain the same message throughout time, since we mentioned that everything returns to one absolute truth.  Also, this religion cannot contain any falsities or contradictions, for falseness or contradiction in one matter of the religion proves the falsity of the religion as a whole, since we would then doubt the integrity of its texts."

I do not visit this string of posts often, but since I am here while waiting for another string I've started to be made public on this forum board, I suppose I could contribute something.

I have investigated many religions in my lifetime.  I have found one that is not hidden, which has a very simple message that is easy to understand, one that contains the same message as when Allah first gave it to Adam and Abraham before us, one that does not contain any falsities or contradictions.  The message of this religion is that Allah loves us so much that he created us, and he wills that we love him back.  He told us that not to love him is to reject him, that sin (behaviors which hurt Him and others) is a rejection of Him each time we commit it, and that sin ends in death of some sort, ultimately in our own death forever.  It teaches that Allah wills that no one should reject him, and thus that none should die by rejecting him.  Yet the reality is that we reject Allah, and we reject his will and so sin and so deserve death for the death we cause ourselves and others.  This religion I have discovered to meet your qualifications further tells us that Allah loves us so much that he sent his only son to earth to teach us how to love Allah, then paid the price for our sins so as to give us another chance to love Allah again correctly.  It's a religion of truth with a very simple message, and it's called Christianity. 

In a string of posts which has been around for a while called, "The Holy Bible did not evolve!", we learned exactly how this religion contained consistancy and no contradiction, how it passes all the tests which you have provided here, also how it provides us with hope and love, two elements which make our faith life much more successful.   I invite you to stop looking at it and actually look into it to learn the truth of what Christianity is all about.  Perhaps you might be surprised to learn things about humanity, about  Allah, and about his will and love for us that you may have sensed, but never been able to put your finger on before.   So I invite you...

May Allah bless you, Usmani,

Jack Catholic

Greetings,

I have already mentioned that please don�t bring the matter of other topics/threads. It is imperative to stick to the topic. For example, other members may have concerns about your assertion, but they may not discuss it because the topic at hand wouldn�t allow them. And if they do attempt to reply to you, they would violate the guidelines, and it would also derail the topic.

Please see the guidelines, particularly rules 2, 7, and 12:

Guidelines

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Jack Catholic View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Catholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 12:13pm
Dear Peacemaker,

Thank your for your explanation.  It is very clear and understandable.  May Allah bless you,

Jack Catholic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic