IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem with alcohol  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with alcohol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with alcohol
    Posted: 01 September 2005 at 2:04am
I have been denied permission to post on the forum "Stories - How I became a Muslim?"

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2004

So I will make my comment here.

I agree that alcohol is a dangerous substance and can cause serious health problems, it is a drug and one can become addicted to alcohol.

It is reported in ahadith that Mohammed, after some procrastination eventually banned consumption of alcohol for "believers".

My question is........how come Mohammed's god, Allah offers alcohol as a reward in "paradise"?

Edited by Jazz
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 2:29am
there's no damaging, bad things in heaven. the drinks won't be intocixating. everything is best.

Edited by firewall
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 4:07am

Bismillah

Originally posted by Jazz Jazz wrote:

I have been denied permission to post on the forum "Stories - How I became a Muslim?"

Can you remind us when you became a Muslim to be so eager to share your story in the above mentioned forum.

As far as your recurrent series of questions are concerned, please be informed that the nature of life in Paradise is incomparable, to say the least, to our experiences in this world... and what is referred to as "rivers of wine" in Paradise Gardens is not really some Bordeaux Vintage or Cahors... and no, it does not symbolise anyone's blood if that's what you wish to hear.

MOCKBA
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

Originally posted by Jazz Jazz wrote:

Can you remind us when you became a Muslim to be so eager to share your story in the above mentioned forum.

As far as your recurrent series of questions are concerned, please be informed that the nature of life in Paradise is incomparable, to say the least, to our experiences in this world... and what is referred to as "rivers of wine" in Paradise Gardens is not really some Bordeaux Vintage or Cahors... and no, it does not symbolise anyone's blood if that's what you wish to hear.

I know I will probably get blasted for this but.........

Mockba can you not just be nice and patient with Muslims and non-Muslims alike? Would that be so hard? Maybe they could see the good in Islam if they are non-Muslim and be more interested in learning about it. Half the time you sound like an angry parent.

Lameese

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 4:21am

Bismillah

Thank you very much for your advise, Lameese. I must admit that i have no choice but sincerely agree with you. And I hope that you also noticed that my anger did not come from nowhere... I very much hope that non-Muslims as well as Muslims will somehow get interested in gaining knowledge of Islam, and i also hope that there will be less and less members like Jazz contributing to the opposite. 

MOCKBA
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 1:54am
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

Thank you very much for your advise, Lameese. I must admit that i have no choice but sincerely agree with you. And I hope that you also noticed that my anger did not come from nowhere... I very much hope that non-Muslims as well as Muslims will somehow get interested in gaining knowledge of Islam, and i also hope that there will be less and less members like Jazz contributing to the opposite. 

Dear Mockba,
I am gaining more knowledge of Islam as each day passes, and I have posted here much information about Islam and Mohammed which was sourced from sites that offer knowledge of Islam and Mohammed.
I have invented none of this and have posted this information for those who seek to gain knowledge of Islam.

Here are the sources of information for those who seek to gain more information.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/simple.html

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/sbk/

http://www.salafipublications.com/sps/smm/

http://www.mukto-mona.com/Articles/kasem/quran_origin.htm

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchhadith.html

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/hadeeth/abudawud/sunan_ab u_dawood.html

How do you come to the conclusion that I am "contributing to the opposite" of gaining knowledge of Islam?

Is it that you would rather this information not to be known?

Edited by Jazz
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 5:25am

Bismillah

Jazz, I am very glad that you are gathering knowledge. I also noticed you quoting heavily from some "islamic-awareness" websites, that are in fact missionary in their general content, hence my strict stand.

Most, if not all of the issues that you bring to discussion to this forum are from the list of the so-called "contradictions in the Qur'an" that have been answered over and over and at length. You somehow lend a deaf ear on explanations already provided with reference to them and jump from one subject to another.

If there were a Qur'an with which mountains were moved, or the earth were cloven asunder, or the dead were made to speak, (this would be the one!) But, truly, the command is with Allah in all things! Do not the Believers know, that, had Allah (so) willed, He could have guided all mankind (to the right)? But the Unbelievers,- never will disaster cease to seize them for their (ill) deeds, or to settle close to their homes, until the promise of Allah come to pass, for, verily, Allah will not fail in His promise. (Quran 13:31)

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 9:53am

Jazz,

Instead of trying to find contradictions in religion, why not try just learning it first and what it means for the people of that religion. Any religion's words can be twisted to have a negative and oppisite meanings.

Why not go to a local Mosque and ask the Imam there to talk to you. Try to approach any religion with the want to learn first and then after you learned all you think you can, then argue certian facts. Remember, any Imam would talk to you, they will be patient, kind and understanding. Their main concern is that you are interested in the religion and they Want you to understand.  I am not saying for you to leave the board but also, do not use this as your main source of the Islamic religion either.

Hope this helps,

Lameese

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic