IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Regarding fasting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Regarding fasting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishazahra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regarding fasting
    Posted: 10 July 2011 at 2:02pm
I accepted Islam in my heart about a year ago. But due to some personal reasons haven't told my parents about this decision. I understand that I must but I cannot do it before the end of this year. I observed the fast last year during the holy month of Ramadan, since I was living alone during that time. This year, however, I am with my family and keeping a fast without telling anyone is very complicated. I understand that fasting is fard and so I really don't want to commit the sin of not keeping the fast. Has anyone here been in such a situation or can advice? Thank you in advance.
Sleepy View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 12:06pm
Hello,

That does sound like a really complicated situation to be in, I wish I had a solution for you but I can only offer my support.

Although I haven't been in the same situation I can understand a little bit as I am going to fast this year for the first time (I don't know how many I will keep!) and am anxious about doing it at work in case any one realises. I too want to keep things to myself until I am ready...

I am wondering though how you could get around it at home, will you be expected to be eating with your family or will they accept that might be out and about at the usual meal times?

Let us know a bit more about your situation maybe someone can help?

I was also thinking that if your family are aware that you have even had an interest in Islam then they may pick up on the signs straight away and then you may be confronted off guard!

Its a really hard choice isn't it but I personally don't think you give yourself a massively hard time if your situation doesn't allow you to fast this year...

Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic