IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God’s written instructions for life.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God�s written instructions for life.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 3:05am
bronaz,

You said:Usmani says God can do anything for his child, he doesn't have to die to accomplish salvation for him.
How would God prove that he loves us???He could have chosen any way to save humans but chose to take the form of man, live with us and show us the way...it is the ULTIMATE.

Me: If you could save your child with little effort, why you would die? And if you die than it is foolish thing to do. Please don�t associate this foolish act with God at least.

You said:The Quran has a set of instructions, follow them get to heaven, dont follow them go to hell. In all I would say that the God of the Quran is very impersonal, someone who really not interested in what happens to man.

Me: It not true, He has given us so many things as I stated in my earlier post, these all shows His love, but He also wants us to test before sending us in heaven and for that this life He has designed. He has given us wisdom to reach to truth and all require energy to follow His instructions and if we also love him, we will do not much involve our self to these small small wordily pleasures and benefits. If he says pray five times a days so we must pray even if have to compromise some worldly affairs and if says give to others what you like for yourself, so we must do that even it may sometimes hard for us to do that and through these set of instructions, He is testing us.

You said: Compare that with the Christian God of care and compassion that he chooses to live with us, share our burdens, so we humans can really know what God is like and what he wants of us, because he has done the same things himself. What an example?
So we have different versions of a God..Which is more real??
Which is the true God? I would say the one that assures you get to heaven. For one thing I am sure that when I ask forgiveness from God for whatever my sin, I know that I am forgiven about which there is no certainty in Islam

Me: The God who have created us and He has to live with us to know us to know our problems. He has to die for us. If you think this is the real God then something very seriously wrong with you my friend.

You said there is no certainty in Islam, brother this uncertainty is a power which keep a Muslim on his toes and resulting his performance is keep improving day by day. We just have one short of live and we don�t want to sleep over it.

Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Usmani Usmani wrote:

Greetings Usmani,

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

You may recall my previous statement:
"It is precisely that it is so counter-intuitive, what God has done to save us, that makes it so compelling that it could only come from God alone."

Salaam, Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 30 June 2013 at 9:06pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:45pm
Greeting Carringheart,

What you have posted from Bible are not the words of Jesus (pbuh) .I show you what Jesus (pbuh) said and act in Bible.

John 16:12-15
12 "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

John 20:17
Yeshua said to her. �Don't cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to join my Father, and go join my brothers and say to them that I ascend to join my Father and your Father, my God, and your God.�

John 5:30
I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Matthew 26:36-44
36. Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray."
37. He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled.
38. Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."
39. Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
40. Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter.
41. "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
42. He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."
43. When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy.
44. So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, SAYING THE SAME THING.

So are you going worship the one Jesus prayed to? Or are you going to worship Jesus? Logically you worship the one Jesus prayed to.

Secondly just say you were alive at Jesus� time and you were with him, and you knew he prayed to God and so on, would you honestly believe he is God? Off course not! It gets worse as Jesus himself claims he has a God:
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383940
  Share Topic