IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God’s written instructions for life.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God�s written instructions for life.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 40>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 3:20pm
Kish,
seems like in emotions you skipped what I wrote, the answer is in that verse:
" 6:157 (Y. Ali) "Or lest ye should say: "If the Book had only been sent down to us, we should have followed its guidance better than they.

Now then hath come unto you a clear (sign) from your Lord,- and a guide and a mercy (The Quran): then who could do more wrong than one who rejecteth Allah's signs, and turneth away therefrom?

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 January 2013 at 3:26pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 4:17pm
Greetings Hasan,

"Jesus said He has a God." 
Yes God the Father.  (So I do not deny what you have said)

"Jesus said God is greater than Him." 
Yes the Father is greater than the son.  (So again, I do not deny what you have said)
11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Yes, we will be accountable.
Did you bother with the dissertation at the link that I shared?

Salaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 07 January 2013 at 4:38pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 12:59pm
CAringheart,
all of God's prophets and their works were work of God, God living in them, so to speak, not that God was borrowing their bodies to dwell therein.
I hope what you say is true and you don't come around five minutes later to say God is a Trinity of three that are equal and Jesus is one of them, then this all will be a waste, a bluff.
And yes, I have finally checked that link, there's nothing new for me.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 08 January 2013 at 1:05pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

CAringheart,
all of God's prophets and their works were work of God, God living in them, so to speak, not that God was borrowing their bodies to dwell therein.
Hasan

Greetings Hasan,
I am led to ask this;
Was there ever another virgin birth?
Why the need for the virgin birth?
Salaam,
CH
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 9:51am

How else do we know that God�s written instructions for life are in the Gospel?

1)     All of the Prophets in the New Testament and Jesus 12 Apostles agreed with it.

2)     God would not allow his word to be corrupted as he promised to preserve it.

Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee SUPERIOR to those who reject faith, TO THE DAY OF RESURRECTION: Then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute." S. 3:55

The Quran even goes as far as acknowledging Christ followers and that they would prevail.

O ye who believe! Be ye helpers of Allah: as said Jesus the son of Mary to the Disciples, "Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the Disciples, "We are Allah's helpers!" then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved: But We gave power to those who believed against their enemies, AND THEY BECAME THE ONES THAT PREVAILED. S. 61:14

The ones that prevailed were the Apostles such as Paul!

Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:44pm

Kish,
you provide some truth, and some twists, nothing new from you.

I've provided all truths. From your lack of response however you are the one  twisting the scriptures.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

CAringheart,
Hasan

�
Greetings Hasan,
I am led to ask this;
Was there ever another virgin birth?
Why the need for the virgin birth?
Salaam,
CH

CAringheart,
in Islam we know of only one virgin birth, the birth of Jesus or Essa (pbuh) to Mary (pbuh). And of course, if you consider, a higher miracle of birth of Adam not just without a father, but amazingly without even a mother!
I am nor sure about the Bible if there is any other virgin births. Out side of OT, NT, and FT there are some traditions in various parts and beliefs of the world that claim virgin births as well.
Hasan

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 4:26pm
Greetings Hasan,

You haven't answered the question though, of why Jesus was a virgin birth?
This is the only virgin birth in our faith... the Abrahamic faith.

Salaam,
CH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 40>
  Share Topic