IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Imam preaches Islam w/ a distinctly American style  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Imam preaches Islam w/ a distinctly American style

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 5:03pm
May be Sufism mean different thing from place to place and time to time. But Islam means the same from place to place and time to time.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Am I justified to sense a pro Salafi partisanship? 

Man I love you Sign*Reader - for Allah's sake.Smile  Well, let's say I also decry what I often see as "form over substance."  I would certainly like to believe I'm pro truth.  I view "salafi" as an approach or methodology to approaching fiqh, and in so far as its scholars seek sound textual evidences, I am certainly not anti-salafi.

I love you too...abuayisha
Finally I see a baseline...
"Form over Substance" needs some precedents... Sooner or later there would be one "Substance over Form" by the thinking Arabs albeit real Muslims when they finally see the true face of the "McIslam" the wholly owned subsidiary of Saudi popedom and propagated by the overpriced crude sucking the ummah's economic life blood and besides where you are domiciled!
Of course the masters' elite corporations take their cut from the loot anytime they see the coffers brimming!
The talk about "form" that is so obvious if you get free roaming in Arabia of their life pattern has any congruence with what Allah's word or His Prophet's!
Pray tell the methodology in providing the antagonists of the truth from west with opulent all found life styles and the military basis on the land of Mhmd (s) or rather it is McIslam... which is it?

Staying on your "form over substance." stuff I think it would help to shed light if you could forensically tie in your salafi scholars on the Islamic historical timeline! There is another name for salafis i.e., ahle Hadith and Hadith collection e.g., Imams Bukhari/Muslim (ru) works were a century after the established Hanafi school of jurisprudence and others which is supposedly the majority in the Muslim world and was the law of last realm!
There are many more questions still!
Just a reference:
" SURVEY of ISLAMIC DOCTRINE" by Imam Kamil Avdich, 1979 doesn't even list any of the salafi scholars as part of the traditional Islam! What gives?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 28 June 2011 at 7:53pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 2:11pm
My dear brother in faith I do not stand before you as an advocate for any particular scholars or madhahib (school of fiqh).  When faced with a specific issue I try to act upon sound source material.  I begin with those scholars who site Allah, His Messenger, and the early scholars of our faith.  Having said that, petro-dollars are irrelevant. 
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 10:41pm
Hug
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

[
The issue is not that something cool would be best option when it comes to the matter of creed(aqeedah)! The American dilemma has been the packaging of religion and selling through traveling salesman like franchising of every other stuff! The model was Ok for the Christian churches with freedom to interpret whatever but for Muslims it is a matter that needs be checked against the touchstone of Ahle sunnah wal jammah!

Salaam Br,

By 'cool' I meant that they seem to be doing good & producing results by bringing the western muslim youth towards Islam.

Initially I was also cynical about how they give their courses at a substantial fee, and to some it may seem too business-like & franchisish the way they go  to different countries. However on the flip side, it is not cheap to run such a huge org, and send teachers overseas to teach. It is also an incentive for students to pull through with the entire course & give their exam - rather than just drop the course half-way [which happens in free courses]. They also provide scholarships to students who cannot pay.

The Touchstone is and always will be Qur'an & Sunnah. InshAllah.

Quote I think you have gone through a debate with Bro Rami sometime back in INTRA FAITH at length on the subject! I don't know what conclusion you came to then!

We had a discussion about Madhabs and Taqleed. I did indeed learn quite a few things from that discussion alhamdulilah, however I am confused how that is relevant here?

This IC site is a Sunni Aqeeda site that I came away from some the moderated threads!
I am of the understanding where there is smoke there is fire and one has to be wise enough to see which way to run particularly when the disruption of Aqeeda
would be the result!
Now if the Al Maghrib folks were of the non disputed school, then why is there a  smoke with fire? Here is one the blog

http://sunni1.wordpress.com/al-maghrib-institute-exposed/

I find it hard to take any any muslim or website whose sole purpose is to denounce/  malign another Muslim... I mean, there is a no harm in disagreeing and stating your disagreements, but to dedicate one's time & energy into simply maligning a sect/org/muslim is just not a very muslim thing to do.

Couldn't help but notice this excerpt:

"Whether Muhammad AlShareef's father is innocent or not is not the issue in this article. He was probably innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time. The point is that Wahhabis-Salafis are known to have connections to many strange individuals. This is almost never the case with genuine Sunnis. "

Seriously? Stern%20Smile. First they write extensively about how the Al-Shareef's father had al-qaeda ties, and then say he could be innocent, but that's irrelevant?

Quote I am not telling what to do but the old cliche "better safe than sorry". Or may be ignorance is bliss!
If you intend to be part of the classical Ahle sunnah wal jammah then at least you owe it yourself to make certain their Alma maters and the political($) roots! The fruits come later!

JazakAllah Khair for your concern Signreader, and I appreciate you posting the links. It is necessary to point out to our fellow br/sr if we think they are going towards harm...

Although here is how I look at it, we should judge people according to what they say and do, and not go too much into rumors & conspiracies...

Whatever happened to making 70 excuses for our fellow brother/sister in Islam? (hadith) [I have heard stuff about Yasir Qadhi, & Salafis, & Al-Madinah Univ before].

If a person is telling us something based on Qur'an and Sunnah - we accept. If they say otherwise - reject. Should be simple as that I think. And I don't intend to be part of any 'label' inshAllah... Muslim suffices for me. I would like to be open & tolerant to all other Muslims who hold on to the rope  of Allah, even if we have a few disagreements here and there. Like the Black Eyed Peas once said, Where is the love?

And no matter what the Alma Mater: secular, religious or otherwise - we should judge based on the content. Even if a Kafir tells you something worthy of advise, accept it!

Wisdom is the property of the Believer, wherever he sees it, he takes it....

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic