IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - second wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

second wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya in LA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: second wife
    Posted: 26 August 2005 at 6:52am

ASAK Brother

I need so help from you!How would you break it to your first wife that you have met a sister and you want to make her the second wife.Without causing the first one to be hurt?

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 11:38pm

I do not believe there is any way on this earth that this can be done. How would you like to hear that?

Lameese

mazallen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by yahya in LA yahya in LA wrote:

ASAK Brother

I need so help from you!How would you break it to your first wife that you have met a sister and you want to make her the second wife.Without causing the first one to be hurt?

As Salam Alaikum

You shouldn't -- unless you are willing to follow every condition set forth in the Qur'an regarding the treatment of second (third and fourth) wives.  It's no accident that Allah (s.w.t) made these so stringent for polygamous marriages.  Besides, polygamy's illegal in every State aside from Arizona and Utah -- and we are supposed to respect the laws of the land ....

Peace

Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:57pm
Brother yahya in LA,
did you talk to second sister about your first wife?
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by mazallen mazallen wrote:

You shouldn't -- unless you are willing to follow every condition set forth in the Qur'an regarding the treatment of second (third and fourth) wives.  It's no accident that Allah (s.w.t) made these so stringent for polygamous marriages.  Besides, polygamy's illegal in every State aside from Arizona and Utah -- and we are supposed to respect the laws of the land ....

Peace

Actually. polygamy is illegal in all states, although it is done more in Utah, due to the Mormons. But as with everything else, you have to catch them first.

Lameese

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 8:48am
Not the Mormons Lameese....the apostates that practice Polygamy are excommunicated groups that follow their own rules.  Polygamy was stopped by Mormons in 1896.  But, Polygamy is illegal in all 50 states.  I am suprised however it hasn't been challenged to the Supreme Court, since it is a religious issue.  That whole 1st Amendment thing.
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2005 at 9:18am

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Not the Mormons Lameese....the apostates that practice Polygamy are excommunicated groups that follow their own rules.  Polygamy was stopped by Mormons in 1896.  But, Polygamy is illegal in all 50 states.  I am suprised however it hasn't been challenged to the Supreme Court, since it is a religious issue.  That whole 1st Amendment thing.

I think that is all about to change. There are a lot of Mormans that are cloistered in small communities and marrying very young girls and kicking the yournger males out. This is seen now by the government as pedofile behavior when you are marrying a 12 year old. There is a Morman "preacher" that is being sought right now for "trying to get his Uncle's 12 year old to marry him" and his uncle was going to give this girl to him.  It is illegal even for the Mormans and you are right that no one has done anything up until now. But now some of the women that have escaped (their words) are coming forward to tell their stories and how the law would not even protect them. So, this is all about to blow up. And I hope it blows the lids off all these communities because I think the word for the women suffering under these people is : VICTIM.

Lameese

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 2:05pm
I agree Lameese, but you have to understand.  These are not Mormon communities.  Warren Jeffs and his people are not part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  The Mormon Church.  Our church actually has a program to help these poor young men and women and is leading the fight to get these pedophiles and deviants stopped.  Polygamy itself is not an evil practice, but our church has found many members who abuse God's laws and take multiple wives for all the wrong reasons.  The Fundamentalist LDS church is a cult, pure and simple.  Mind control and terror are their tactics to keep the people in line.  They will excommunicate a man and reassign his wives to another man.  This is not in any way shape or form what the LDS church teaches or practices.  Nor was it ever.  When the LDS church did practice, many of the plural wives were in fact taken so they had a husband to care for them.  Widows, elderly sisters who never wed, or in some cases another loving wife, but it was not like these criminal acts in southern Utah and Northern Arizona. 

Edited by Angela
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic