IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Feminism in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feminism in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 10:16pm

Blond, you are right. If 50% of a population is oppressed, that society cannot move forwards.

Mind you, if a society always looks outwards to blame others (eg: foreignors)for their problems, and never inwards, then that is a huge problem which will hinder a society's progress too, but that's a topic for a different thread, I think.  :}

Kim...

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 11:04pm
A few years ago we figured out that "separate but equal" doesn't work. Separate is never equal. Took about 500 years, so we should cherish the result.

Men: surrender! Women run everything anyway (though sometimes their influence is subtle). Let it be and enjoy yourself. All that men do is make a lot of noise and then a bloody mess. Tone it down.

F

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 4:47am
I have never known a woman who would not surrender to, and support, a man who carries the Light of Allah within. It is when fallen man fails in his duty to be what Allah has created him to be, that she becomes dissatisfied.
SimplyMuslim View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 7:35am

Assalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters (Or as the extreme feminists of today would surely correct me...Sisters and Brothers!)

Feminism...a hugely interesting topic for women and men alike. For women since it aims to give us rights which we are entitled to, and for men since the direction it seems to be taking is eerily about making the role of men extinct!!

It is in no doubt about Islam�s stance on women and the high regard that we are kept in. Alhamdulilah

But whether those rights are fulfilled is a different matter as mentioned before.

It�s sad to see the extreme stance adopted by some women today, whom, no longer satisfied with what they perceive to be 'progress', are adamant on exceeding the role of men.

And unfortunately...men are at it too  it was only recently that I heard a report on a new drug aiming at allowing men to breast feed!

Why is it so hard to accept that as men and women, although equal in respect of human rights and all aspects of faith, are two different entities with abilities that differ? It is not a weakness to admit that women have a certain ability to bond with children and that men are on average (although even that today is being put to the test) physically stronger.

Although more important than the extreme feministic views, is the view in allowing many Muslim women world-wide to enjoy the rights many of us writing in this forum have. To think that many countries claiming to practice Islam are in fact oppressing women on an unspeakable level is heart wrenching, not only because women are worthy of respect and an elevated position in society but because women are also Allah's (swt) creation, and as prescribed in the Quran and Sunnah, are entitled to the best treatment.

Women, the mothers of children, the daughters, wives, and sisters...all in their own right deserve to be treated as prescribed in our religion. And although the task may seem too large, the task that is of improving the state of treatment of Muslim women by Muslim men world wide, it is possible to work towards that by those of you reading this. Any men who are married, treat your wives according to Islam and remember their worth. Men who aren�t married, treat your mothers and sisters with respect always, and also remember their worth. It may be imparting a kind word or two, or listening to her opinion...always remember that women in Islam are to be treated well no matter what their position is in your life.

I hope no-one takes this as an attack on men, as Allah (swt) is my witness it isn't. It�s a thread about feminism and the above is my two cents...or three

I may have come across wrong in some points, for that I apologize.

Salaam

Edited by SimplyMuslim
jalillah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalillah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 11:45pm
first of all woman has to give itself respect...and vice versa but it never works that way....but remember this.. to all woman out their dont feel discourage!! feeling not being in the same degree or level as men but let me subside your feelings about men given certain dedgree to over woman but they will be the one first that will be called for account in the after life while we be accounted for ours.ie..duties to Allah's command and same for men but whatever we do or choose from here on! are all accountable by measure.....so dont feel discarded over men because their's is a heavier panalty awaiting much greater and by measure.  and at the same time dont forget who we are and our resposibility not only to each other but to th whole of mankind last but not least Allah... 
May Allah Bless those who seek the truth......Allah Stands Alone in truth..
jalillah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalillah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 12:19am
ladies do any one of you having recall anything in your life about a feeling of love @ first sight well how many of you felt the experience afterwards? then soon lost it, then trying to gain it back??? well basically all of us in the matter of fact right now...someone out there is facing that. well!! we dont know why is that....! but as Allah reveals that 99.9% is veil from us the same greatness you had felt inlove@first sight ...that will be unveiled in the after life!! its because only those!! worthy of receiving of such pleasure will be granted of it.. the extreme pleasure only belongs to the pios of man....and when a men is bad to woman in this life his punishment in this life is what you pointed out blondi I call that a condemn child,mother and future generation and for that in the after life is accountable by measure..   

Edited by jalillah
May Allah Bless those who seek the truth......Allah Stands Alone in truth..
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:54pm

Ew! Men breastfeeding?! I mean, I know it's possible, but I once heard it was a sure way for men to get breast cancer.

Feminism means different things to different people. Standing up for your rights - even if it's the right to stay home and take care of the family _instead_ of spending your life in an office - is feminism. Standing up against violence is feminism. Demanding the rights given you by your religion is feminism. Having a voice in society is feminism. Etc.

Kim...

Women's rights are Human rights.

Edited by kim!
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:01pm

Agree Kim, however many times the feminism activist they are not balance, the very obvious example when France muslim women were banned to wear hijab, they do nothing. Where are they? This is also women's right.

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic