IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satar between Men  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satar between Men

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satar between Men
    Posted: 12 September 2015 at 1:52am
As an outsider (atheist) can somebody explain why God/god/gods/dogs would care what a single human on that planet in that milky way galaxy, the one next to Andromeda in the cluster with the same name, covers?
AayanKhan View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AayanKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2015 at 3:54am
I'm not sure, but i think "maintaining Satar" is necessary.

ALLAH knows better ..
John Mohammad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 8:04pm
Wear longer shorts and/or swim trunks and a t-shirt; if you have the option wear those that are big enough to cover the prescribed areas. If you do not have that option, you have a choice to make to either participate and wear what is allowed, or not participate for reasons of religious observance.

There are all sorts of styles and sizes and lengths of clothing available, surely something can be found to suit any requirements necessary.

As far as being with other men, maintaining satar is still the minimum- of course you'd dress more modestly in the presence of women.
Zizx2 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zizx2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 9:19am
Assalam Aalikum Bros,
I have a doubt,
Is it necessary for man to maintain Satar (Below belly upto knees) while he is in between other men??
There are many place where it is restricted to wear shorts
for example

1)while playing Football
2)during exercise in gymnasium
3)while swimming

in these places is it necessary to maintain Satar?

Can anyone xplain it to me?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic