IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Conversion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 10:04am
Ameen to Community and agreed to Sister Ummziba
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 5:01pm
Israfil brother, a couple of posts back on this thread i was asking you about your thoughts, and truely i was waiting for the right answer and the right answer is not based on pride. For some reason your reply was not what i expected.....but honestly brother had i heard the  that would had satisfied me i would have offered myself to you, as either you my leader and me as your advisor and follower, or even as your slave. All praise to Allah Lord of the worlds, who has power over everything, and He is The Wise.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 5:13pm

Also, why do you call our Lord God? is not His name Allaaho?

i the other books it does not say that He is Lord of the worlds,

But in the koran Allah says, : al hamdu li Allahi rabbi al'alameena"

all praise is to Allahi lord of the worlds.

And since this is the last thing the people will say in the gardens when Allah reveals Himself to them. Should you not keep to His name, and if others do not wish to know His name they can walk on their path because it is His will they do not call Him by His name and maybe He does not even wish for them to pronounce His name!

Tabaaraka ismu rabbika thul jalaali wa al ikraam.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 9:54am

As'Salaamu Alaikum Wa' Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

In the name of God, the merciful and the compassionate!

Community two things: First I didn't understand your first post to me so if you can repost it because as I recall I don't understand what request you had asked of me.

Second:

Why do I call Allah God? Because that is what God is Allah...As we all know God is the english equivalent of Allah God being the english equivalent from the German word "Got." In the Qur'an it says "To Allah belong the most beautiful names." Perhaps brother in reality God has no name but is reffered to as something we conjure in our language. Do you think God sits on a throne? Do you think God has a body or hands feet or any coporeal parts for that matter? No..As the Qur'an notes there is a throne but is the throne a chair with crown jewels? No. These are metaphoricals of God's power and domain over all things.

When we call God the most merciful in our minds its our idea of mercy or what mercy is to us. But in truth God is not ther merciful we believe in our minds, but because he understands our limitations God in doctrine allows himself to be put in that box so that we main gain some understanding of him. The brings up the question why do we call God him and not her? You see because of doctrinal influence and linguistical limitations we call God what we perceive in our language brother!

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 11:16pm

"Quote : ""You're right! that is what I mean but a lot of times people tend to mask it through the 'hopefulness' of religious doctrine....."""

This was part of the answer you gave to my question, which for my leader or master i expect something else,

See i do not think many people even read what we write or learn from it, they have other priorities then the faithful, so they fail to understand and even read.

As for the faithful, i believe we have a job to do, those who fail to understand because their priorities are somewhere else then Allah, we need to act. They are harmful my brother, to the honor of Allah by perverting His name in evil discourses and evil actions, to the honor of submission for the sake of peace and to the honor of the people of the world. We need to make the way free, that way people can walk on it if they wish and leave it for some other path if they wish, which i can assure them will be bumpy or will be a dead end or will come out unto the straight path again. We need to make the way free from those who block it, who lay in ambush along it to confuse the new comers to the way and make their walk difficult, trying to make people leave it with their calls to their made up paths or even killing those who do not heed them blocking it. These deceivers have taken up arms against the people of the world who do not wish their path, The guardians and protectors of the way of Allah need to rise from their slumber like lions rise up when they see an impostor, decicively against these opressors and deceivers. The alternative to this, if no faithful rises up to this call is to wait untill Allah sends guardians of the path from somewhere else and He is The All Powerful, The Almighty. Heed these words may Allah show you the way.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 7:35pm

As'Salaamu Alaikum,

First and foremost let's get something straight. I'm neither a teacher here nor a master of anyone. Your master is Allah and you are his servant. Because scholars can say things and write things to lead men in ways of courage and bravery doesn't mean they are fit to lead communities. God uses men to be his mouthpiece for us to understand his word through the human language. Allah is my lord and I'm his slave and if there can be something I can say that is of wisdom is that I believe we are all here to learn from each other and that we are here to serve Allah and to help each other learn through our own individual ways of being cognizant of the divine.

Community regardless whether you learn from me or you don't whether you disagree with me or you don't doesn't matter so long as you retain the faith that God has given you...This is my point.

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2005 at 8:34pm

Wa alaikumu asalaamu,

warahmatu Allaha,

wabarakatuhu,

wa maghfiratah,

You are beautiful brother, may Allah make others also aware of the reality of individuality, and let them speak about Allah the truth, and may Allah guide them to the true community.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic