IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - need help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ray045 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ray045 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help
    Posted: 10 April 2006 at 7:23am
Assalamu Alaikum

Thank you for all  your kind support and suggestions. I have failed very recently by drinking alcohol. i felt so guilty that I did not pray Salat the next day because I believed that Allah Subhana Wa'tala would not forgive me. I had made up my mind that I was not worthy of Allahs Mercy and of the religion and  counted myself amongst the Hypocrites. I have since started performing Salat again and asking for Forgiveness. I sincerely hope that this was a one of and the Allah will guide me on the  Straight Path.
ray045 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ray045 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 7:14am

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 10:39am

Assalamu Alaikum Brother:

If you have an addictive or compulsive personality it is very difficult to change a habit, but it can be done. You have to replace it with something else. This sounds easy, but can be extremely difficult.

The best way is to identify why you are drinking. What does it give you? Does it make you feel better, make you forget, make you more confident? When do you drink? A specific time of day, when you feel sad or lonely? Once you identify these triggers, you can work to change the environment that makes the triggers occur: if you drink when you are at home alone, go out. If you drink when you are feeling sad, find an activity that will occupy you when you start to feel the sadness coming on. If you drink when you feel lonely, go to the mosque or volunteer, anything to be around other people.

I know it sounds easier than it is, but the first step to changing any negative or detrimental behavior is to identify and replace. If you feel that you do not have the strength to do this alone, or you are not sure exactly what triggers you, then seek help from professional sources such as counseling or Alcoholics Anonymous. There is nothing in Islam that forbids seeking help.

Most importantly, you must sincerely want to change, and have faith in Allah(SWT) that He will give you strength in this struggle.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
mortazaB View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mortazaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 3:54pm
Brother, go to the Masijd [mosque], a lot of prople there to help you on your path.
arabia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 9:47am

asalamualaykum , ray my advice is that read the Quran and Hadith and try praying and if you know any muslims have them help you and tell you more stuff about islam you will quit drinking i know well for now good luck.

masalama

Edited by peacemaker
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 1:46pm

I'd just to like to make all the new converts who struggle every day feel slightly better in knowing that all muslims struggle regardless of whether you were born a muslim or converted.

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
baisha View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 10:28am

asallaum allaikum.  i am muslim convert as well.  i am a muslim on my own free will.  i want to be a better muslim but i know that it is quite impossible for me to be. yet from day to day i struggle to be a good muslim. 

i don't sweat my insignificant flaws and weaknesses (especially if i don't harm anybody) because living in this this unIslamic country, in this day of age ..it is but only very difficult to follow the life of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). 

i am accountable for own actions but if i once in a while i err or make the wrong choices and/or judgement, or drink alcohol on special occasions; all the more in awe i am of the type of person the Prophet(pbuh) was!

yours,

baisha

abubasil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abubasil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 12:26am

bismillah

salaams

dear bro & sist pay attention  to these words

there is nothing called "strong-willpower" but there is great desire and less desire so when you wish to get rid of something (act)  bad remmebr all its bad sides after that you will find no desire to do it instead the desire to remove it ...and it is clear .. when you wish to do something good but (heavy) and you feel lazy remmeber or let me say memorize all its benefits ..this mean you will stop for awhile to think ..you will get use of this new habbit .. and you will enjoy controlling yrself this is the first steps in the journy from slavery of "I" to the honorable slavery for ALLLAH (swt).. and pls excuse my bad english ..salam..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic