IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHO IS IN THE ROOM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHO IS IN THE ROOM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO IS IN THE ROOM
    Posted: 28 March 2011 at 7:06pm
They say when a man and a woman are alone in a room, Satan is the third party there...
They forget God is also there...
Respectfully
aka2x2
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 9:59pm
Being alone with a non-mahram

Hadith � Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi 3118, Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab(r.a.), Tirmidhi transmitted it.
The Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam)said, �Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Devil makes a third.�
Hadith � Sahih Bukhari, Book 25, Number 5403, Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-�As(r.a.)
Some persons from Banu Hisham entered the house of Asma� daughter of Umays when AbuBakr(r.a.) also entered (and she was at that time with his wife). He (AbuBakr) saw it and disapproved of it and he made a mention of that to Allah�s Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam) and said: I did not see but good only (in my wife).
Thereupon Allah�s Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam)said: Verily Allah has made her immune from all this. Then Allah�s Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam) stood on the pulpit and said: After this day no man should enter the house of another person in his absence, but only when he is accompanied by one person or two persons.
Hadith � Sahih Bukhari Book 25, Number 5399, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah(r.a.)
Allah�s Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam) said: Behold, no person should spend the night with a married woman, but only in case he is married to her or he is her Mahram.
Hadith � Al-Tirmidhi 3119, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah(r.a.)
The Prophet(sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam)said, �Do not visit women whose husbands are away from home, for the Devil circulates in you like your blood.� He was asked if this applied to him also and said, �To me also, but Allah has helped me against him so that I may be safe.� [Tirmidhi transmitted it.]
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 11:09am

The existence of a Hadith in written form is no proof that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said those words. Narrators of the Hadiths you have cited did not claim God is not in the room. Did they?

Therefore, the math is wrong...

The Quran has many stories of a man and a woman being alone. For example:

Zaid and Aisha were separated from a caravan and spent a night alone. Afterwards, people who talked trash about them were chastised in the Quran.

Yusuf and his master's wife spent time together alone. She wanted him but he refused and sought refuge in God.

Suleiman and the queen of Sheba were alone when she bared her legs to enter the pool which was not water...

The fact of the matter is God is everywhere and Satan is anywhere that God allows him to be. Believing men and women should be mindful of God and on their guard against the Satan; be it alone or in a group... That is the point of this thread.

Respectfully
aka2x2
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 11:26am
yes, Allah is everywhere in His Knowledge.  The point of the hadith is for us to not approach that which may cause harm.  It would have been a greater harm to have left Aisha alone, and Yusuf and Suleiman are not proofs for the ummah of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

"Do not go near to adultery. Surely it is a shameful deed and evil, opening roads (to other evils)" (Quran 17:32).
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 5:32pm
aka2x2:
My two cents add on to Abuayisha's note:
  • Where do you read Solomon and Sheba were alone? The scene was the open court  (27:44)

• Zaid and Ayesha case was an incident out of blue! Wouldn't you say? Neither planned that way!

• Yusuf was a purchased slave and had no control over the situation to be  where he found himself but then he did run away what most may not be able or want to do. Teachers taking advantage of the young students is a common occurrence in the land! Getting prosecuted is a different matter, Satan is smirking both ways!

The situation of land of milk & honey is such that Satan is everywhere free and unbounded but God is allowed in some places under watchful eyes of the law of the land! God being everywhere is true for the Momin not the rest if they chose to ignore!

A medical / professional interaction may be in safe bet category!

Btw the highest paid "man of God" in the land got fired not long ago for being in such situation gone wild!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 29 March 2011 at 5:46pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 7:00pm
Thank you for reading and responding to my post...

Abuayisha,
 "Yusuf and Suleiman are not proofs for the ummah of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)."...!!!!????

Wow, we the humble followers of Al-Islam are too good to learn from the stories of Prophets of Allah (Peace Be Upon Them) as narrated in the Quran???

Also, your two posts contradict each other:
"Allah�s Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wasallam) said: Behold, no person should spend the night with a married woman, but only in case he is married to her or he is her Mahram."
AND
"It would have been a greater harm to have left Aisha alone,..."

Are we to conclude that Aisha and Zaid disobeyed the Prophet of Allah because they were afraid of the dark?

Sign Reader,

Your first point is not valid. The Quran did not say they were not alone but it did say she bared her legs in front of him... If there were other people present it would have said she did it in front of a crowd...

Your second point is lost on me. Are you saying it is OK for a man and a woman to be alone as long as it is not planned in advance?

Thirdly, Yusuf was a slave but he did have control over his "nafs" and he chose to follow Allah's command.

As for your general comments about the state of morality in America. We are not discussing what non-believer do; they do not care what is in the Quran or the Hadith. We are debating what the believers should do. They have their path and we have ours.

Edited by aka2x2 - 29 March 2011 at 7:07pm
Respectfully
aka2x2
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

Thank you for reading and responding to my post...
No problemo!

Sign Reader,

Your first point is not valid. The Quran did not say they were not alone but it did say she bared her legs in front of him... If there were other people present it would have said she did it in front of a crowd...

27:39 (Asad) Said a bold one of the invisible beings [subject to solomon]: �I shall bring it to thee ere thou rise from thy council-seat[and] worthy of trust!�
- for, behold, I am powerful enough to do it,
27:42 (Asad) And so, as soon as she arrived, she was asked: �Is thy throne like this?� She answered: �It is as though it were the same!�  [And solomon said to his nobles: �She has arrived at the truth without any help from us,]  although it is we who have been given [divine] knowledge before her, and have [long ago] surrendered ourselves unto God!

27:44 (Asad) [After a while] she was told: �Enter this court!� - but when she saw it, she thought that it was a fathomless expanse of water, and she bared her legs.  Said he: �Behold, it is [but] a court smoothly paved with glass!�  Cried she: �O my Sustainer! I have been sinning against myself thy worshipping aught but Thee]: but [now] I have surrendered myself, with solomon, unto the Sustainer of all the worlds!�
Do you read the council and nobles mentioned? It is self explanatory rather a non sequitur!

Quote Your second point is lost on me. Are you saying it is OK for a man and a woman to be alone as long as it is not planned in advance?

Hold your horses who is this Zaid in your argument! I should have asked you in my last response... Ayesha didn't spend the night, she was discovered in morning, she had fallen sleep after crying and fatigue and was discovered by Safwan bin Mu�attal who recognized her offered the ride while he walked her home quietly but the news got to the chief of hypocrites and the slander was scuttle-butted!
You have no control over the accidents do you? You may know the expression xhit happens unless one is hermit! Bad things happen to good people all the time! When it is matter of survival all bets are off ...even the eating of pork is permissible...This incident about Ayesha had had some major lessons for the community that could be separate thread on slander and scuttlebutt I won't go in further details. All the punishment is intention based not on some thing unintentional! 

Quote Thirdly, Yusuf was a slave but he did have control over his "nafs" and he chose to follow Allah's command.

As for your general comments about the state of morality in America. We are not discussing what non-believer do; they do not care what is in the Quran or the Hadith. We are debating what the believers should do. They have their path and we have ours.
Not a chance for anyone else to have a lineage of yusuf and his  brought up by Rachel and Jacob(as) he had character of someone destined to be the prophet himself! That event has also become lore of love of the  ancients...So it is not a good example for you argument! To be like yusuf in America is a tall order! I think Yusuf was living in her place wasn't he? That makes even tougher to handle!
These days it is very hard to trust who is a true believer who is not unless you deal and travel together and come out Ok after a test! I hate to inform you most Muslims in America have a long way to go to be absolutely momins growing amongst the cultural Muslims...That why I gave you the example of the Imam's firingWink

Edited by Sign*Reader - 29 March 2011 at 9:20pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 9:32pm

"Believing men and women should be mindful of God and on their guard against the Satan; be it alone or in a group... That is the point of this thread."

Hey, sounds good to me....Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic