IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question For Open ( Debate For Christian  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question For Open ( Debate For Christian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Modern enlightened Christians don't believe virgin birth to be a biological fact. Jesus, the human being, had a biological father too. Immaculate conception can have a symbolic meaning.

Modern enlightened Muslims don't believe in the physical night journey of Muhammad. This too has a symbolic meaning.

I disagree Matt.  I am an educated person (I am not convinced that modern is a gift from God, nor is what the world calls enlightened)
"in their wisdom they became fools"
That is what I believe, and I believe in the immaculate conception.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 12:12pm
Weighing in;
If anything I feel that Paul preached the law... and grace and faith.  I feel he preached the message in its completenss.  He preached that it was their very faith that would cause them to follow God's laws... to stand out and be different from the world.

Are Christians doing this today?  Not all, in fact a very few...
but are all Muslims sinless?  or are we all fallible humans.

Jesus said that the path is narrow and there are few who find it.  I believe this applies across the board to all people of all religions.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 6:41am
Hey, all you enlightened and educated Christians out there.  The virgin birth has nothing to do with the immaculate conception.  At least understand what your religion's dogma says. 
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 11:42am
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Hey, all you enlightened and educated Christians out there.  The virgin birth has nothing to do with the immaculate conception.  At least understand what your religion's dogma says. 

You want to quibble over words and pick at a scab...

The issue is always about whether or not Mary knew a man in human form in order to conceive.  It is the conception that is questioned.  What occurred after conception is of little consequence, as to whether or not she was a virgin when she gave birth.  It is the conception that is debated.
bunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 11:49am

Hey, all you enlightened and educated Christians out there.� The virgin birth has nothing to do with the immaculate conception.� At least understand what your religion's dogma says.�

Well why don't you explain?
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:26am
The virgin birth is a very common claim in the old world.  This or that hero was born of a woman that did not have sexual intercourse to conceive the child in question.

The immaculate conception is a piece of Christian dogma that says that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was not born with the stain of the original sin brought about by Adam and Eve's trangression in the Garden of Eden.

I am shocked at the number of Christians that have no idea that these are very different ideas.  To base your life on the teachings of religion and then have no idea what those basic teachings are is almost beyond my ability to believe.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:52pm

To base your life on the teachings of religion and then have no idea what those basic teachings are is almost beyond my ability to believe.

Me too.  But then one must seek to know, and one will never know if one does not seek.  However that is how God wants us to be... "as little children" we come to Him... by faith.  In seeking too much knowledge we only make ourselves fools.
"in their wisdom they became fools"
Following in faith brings us the life God intended us to have.  Of course it helps when all follow the same faith... but then, there is of course, the force of evil that seeks to thwart God's plan.
law of physics(the laws set in motion by the Creator Himself)
for every force there is an equal and opposing force
yin and yang
+  and  -
and we hang in the balance

And you do not believe in anything?  Does that make it easier?

Inquiring minds want to know  Big%20smile

Edited by Caringheart - 09 July 2012 at 9:54pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 4:55pm
Bunter,
Jesus, according to Christians was a Jew. Do you know of any Jew who preach Trinity?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic