IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Modern day Israel  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modern day Israel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern day Israel
    Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:53am
I am new here, so I don't really know how to navigate my way around the web site and would appreciate a direct response to my email, please feel free to post it here if you'd like as well, but just In case I lose the link, I'd appreciate a direct reply.
I have recently lost a great deal of documents from AOL, I didn't have enough good foresight to back up documents and my request really is for a logical discussion of what modern day Israel is. I Find that lots of people call in Moslem programs with utmost condescension citing that God promised Israel to the Jews from the Nile to the Euphrates, now Most Moslems know that modern day Jews have absolutely no genetic link to the original Hebrews, of whom many embraced Christianity and Islam, moreover if the land of Israel was really promised to the descendants of Abraham that would mean his offspring's from IShmael given that he is the eldest son, and by old Jewish law the eldest comes first no matter who the mother is, Also When Sarah died the Canaanites offered Abrham a land for free for her burial and he declined, he paid for it, it should really set the precedents for how things were to be run. All of God's messengers are middle easterners so I really have no argument over what belongs to whom, I'd just like a piece of well written documentation that wraps it all nicely in a language that is comparable to those who throw biblical quotes in our face not really understanding their depth or origin. I knew a Palestinian who was very well versed with these topics went in as far as the tribes of Israel and the Khazars, unfortunately it is all lost to me now and I am really praying that someone would restore my resources, I love to participate on political forums and I usually like biblical armament in my replies. Also if someone could explain this quote I'd really appreciate it. This was a question I found on another website and the answer to it seemed illogical to me so if someone could also shed some light on it, I'd be deeply grateful.
How can the modern country of Israel be a fulfillment of Bible prophecy (since the Church has replaced Israel)? The Bible says in Jeremiah 50:4-5 that Israel must be repentant before they can be restored to their land, yet modern-day Israel is not Christian. Also, 1 Kings 4:20-21, Nehemiah 9:7-8, and Psalm 105:42-44 prove that the Land Promise which God made to Abraham (Genesis 15:18 and 22:17) was fulfilled in Old Testament times. This negates the idea that Abraham's descendants must wait for some kind of "thousand year reign of Christ" before the Land Promise will be fulfilled."
thanks so much for time and courtesy extended
warmest regards
M
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 11:51pm

I think the most important thing concerning this argument of who has more right to the land is that first of all, we all(the 3 parties jews christians and muslims) agree it is The Holy Land declared so by The god of Abraham and all of mankind. It should make people think that this land is where the 3 faiths meet, and the reasons of all the problems is because of envy, and each not truely holding to their own GIVEN books and the laws in them. Because if each group obeyed Allah by implemening their respective book there would be peace in the holy land. You might have the notion that if each implemented his own book and with this the laws given to each group by Allah there would be friction and discord but this is not the case. Islam is totally accepting of the laws set by Allah for the people of the book,

In fact there are verses in the koran urging the people of the book to implement the torah and evangel and to judge according to those books. And that those who do not implement His books are upon nothing(without base), and that those who do not judge by what Allah sent down(torah evangel koran) are the perverse.

5 verse 47: "Let the people of the Evangel(gospel) judge by what Allah has sent down therein, and whoever does not judge by what Allah has sent down, those are the perverted."

5 verse 68" say:"O people of the book(bible comes from the latin word bibleo which means book).O people of the book ye are upon nothing, UNTILL ye make firm(implement) The Torah, the Evangel(gospel), and that which is sent down to you from thy Lord". And that which is sent down to thee from thy Lord increaseth in most of them their arrogance and disbelief, so sorrow thouself not over the (disbelieving) ungrateful people.

Upon nothing means without basis, and how can you stand without a basis? how can you build without basis? so reality will keep on betraying them, because they followed their own whims and conjectures instead of affirming the truth of His books and implementing them.

So people can throw with bible verses and put forward twisted and false arguments, but aslong as they do not implement their given books and implement the words of men instead, there will be discord and mischief.

Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 8:50am

This is nice, it however doesn't answer my question of inheritance in accordance with old Jewish laws, Ishmael being the eldest has entitlment to that land no matter whom the mother is. yesterday I saw a picture of a little Palestinian kid picking up the remains of his parents from the streets, and it was so devastating, also a couple of American  peace keepers and one from south Africa who were beaten and taken to the hospitals, their Israeli assailants were not only not captured but no one bothered follow up with their case. It is the sort of thing that happens often, they didn't even provoke a reaction they were merely walking the children to school. I wanted a historical piece to post as the premises of why Israel really shouldn't be there, especially for the fact that they claim their entitlement is on religious premise yet the whole existence of Israel is secular. This is the sort of thing that happens all the time yet always the moslims are the terrorists. I'd really have a jaw dropper to see the truth on the news for once. fact for every israli kid killed six palis are killed before hand, Who are the terrorists? who is israel? Again I am looking for a piece with a historical background.

thanks

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 4:48pm
Ambrosia I'm not too up-to-date on the state of Israel and how it
came to be, but I believe part of its history revolves around the
end of WW2. Which after the war millions of displaced Jews
were in fact, placed over in the palestinian areas. This
relocation to my understanding displaced those (palestininas)
who were already there more eastward which those without
homes lived in refugee camps or moved into neighboring
countries. Perhaps part of the creation of Israel was those who
held the extreme view that the land which palestinians
occupied was the land given to them by God which I believe is
the ethnocentic view of extreme Judaism. However this is my
impression fromn what I got from reading up on news articles
but you might want to correct me up on that.
Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 6:00pm
modern day Israel shares many views with Nazi Germany both of them having essentially a racist ideology, In Nazi Germany they thought they were a superior race "Aryans" in the newly formed Israeli state they think they are "God's chosen" which entitles them to treat Arab both Christians and Moslems with impunity, even the "middle eastern" Jews are treated as second class citizens.  modern day Israeli's are Jews from a European origin and have absolutely no genetic link to the original Hebrews or in Arabic "al3abereen"  Israel means "yisra blyl" those who cross by night, Again those folks have nothing to do with today's colonial settler state. Many of the original Jews became Christians when Jesus (PBUH) came about and eventually Moslem, some stayed Christians or Jews, Jews being the minority at the time. There is this whole Judeo-Christian thing going on both of them in essence using the other person, (American)Christians to my understanding of their blind support to Israel believe this well in fact Hasten the coming of Christ, while the Jews never having believed in Jesus to begin with are hoping to establish this secular state using force and a strong ally. I believe that many Hasidics aren't in support of the secular state of Israel because they believe that they were supposed to be led back to the "promised land"  by their awaited messenger, {He has come and he has ascended while they are in waiting. Modern day Israel Doesn't care to bulldoze homes and kill Palestinians Moslems and Christians who have co-existed peacefully for years, They love to incite civil wars when ever the chance is available. They love to portray Moslems as terrorists, surprisingly I had no idea that people who defend their land are to be deemed terrorists, Moslems in general are deemed terrorists you know the same way Christianity was implicated with timothy mcveigh or Judaism  was with the lavon affairs and the bombing of the SS liberty. I don't know if anyone else sees this isn't an all out war against terrorism it is an all out war against Islam and Moslems. and it is a carte blanche to kill them in Bosnia and Chechnya and Palestine and even in their own home lands by their own puppet governments but I digress off the topic of Israel. I am not for Israeli's and Palestinians Co-existing in peace simply because I don't think that any modern day Jew has any entitlement to the land of Palestine and I don't care how my view is being viewed. An Oscar a couple of years ago wouldn't show a Palestinian movie depicting the horrors in Palestine one announcer stating I don't believe in a Palestinian state , and I certainly am entitled to not believe in this state of Israel. I think there is a big ball of psycho-pathology in America many having this ego-syntonic view and it certainly reflects in the news and the treatment that other nations receive. My request was for a link or a written piece that would go over the Jewish tribes of Khazars who compose modern day Jews as well as the time the original Jews ruled which was less than 400 years compared to Islam being the dominant religion of the region for more than 1400 years. What I was looking for is a historian well versed on these topics and would be able to sum it all that up together with more accurate historical facts and dates. But it is alright, I am sure I'll find these web sites and my original articles  if I can remember their title
thanks again
M
Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 6:19pm

this is an example of what I was looking for only I wanted it tied to the pali-israeli conflict.

There is growing, irrefutable evidence, however, that the Crimean Khazars, whose  kingdom extended over what is now the Ukraine to the Caspian Sea, officially converted to pure Mosaic Judaism in 861 under the rule of King Bulan. The Khazars do not appear to have been a people unto themselves, but rather a blend of many races resulting from the heavy trade that was going on at the time. The campaign of the Rus (Russian) Prince Svyatoslav of Kiev effectively broke the back of the Khazarian empire in 965 AD, although Khazar itself continued until at least 1030 AD. Under the growing persecution of Kiev Rus in the 11th and 12th century, the Khazars disappeared as a people. Nonetheless, there is overwhelming evidence that at least a portion of the Jewish Khazars fled to Eastern Europe and north into Poland and Lithuania.

Some people have taken this body of evidence and claim it proves that the Abraham Ashkenazim Eastern European Jews were of the Khazar bloodline, rather than the bloodline. In his book God's Covenant People, evangelist Ted R. Weiland cites mostly third party and circumstantial evidence in a convincing way to conclude the East European Jews were not Semites (blood descendants of Shem and Abraham). "Since they are not Semites, then today's Jews certainly can not be of Abraham's lineage because Abraham was a Semite... descended from Shem, the Son of Noah. Following the same line of reasoning, since today's Jews are not Semites, they can not be Israelites either because Jacob/Israel was also a Semite, a direct descendant of Shem through Abraham." 1

And by this token it proves that Moslims who are in fact Semites direct descendants of Abraham, and are the ones entitled to what modern day jews claim is theirs from the Nile to the euphrates. I really am hoping for more articles written by someone more historically accurate..

Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 6:01pm
????
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 9:19pm

Ambrosia,

I think you are being very naive. Inheritance can only stretch a few generations at the most. We are not arguing in a court of law, and I doubt even there you can prove your point, and therefore your well-researched (!?) arguments are pointless. Was it a historical mistake for the world powers in 1947 to have given Jews a homeland in present day Israel? I believe so. Does that mean that today we have to uproot all the Jews in Israel again and send them elsewhere? I don't think that's right either. The state of Israel is a fact of life today, and the best course of action for all those concerned is to accept it and make peace with Israel. There is simply so much at stake for the muslims for all over the middle east to fight idealogical battles over a piece of desert.

Human

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic