IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Faith from the true heart...?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faith from the true heart...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
orhan_osmani View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orhan_osmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:32am

Dear IslamicGirl,

I believe that you are better than them, I trust your words as you say. But you would be better if you cover yourself for the sake of love of Allah SWT and Muhammad SAWS. Because they have ordered you female ( because I am a male) by Sunnah and Qur'an. My wife does not wear Hijab - I would love her to wear it.  But even like this it is fine for me, I am just worried for her in the day of judgement. You, my wife and others cannot use an excuse your "better heart" to justify a sin. Allah SWT - might forgive them and you, but you have to do things of love for Him you have, and His Messenger SAWS.

You must have valid reasons why you are not covering yourself. Such as fear of being  abused, fear of not being employed, discrimination, etc. You might have an excuse, not strong but for me is valid as human. And Allah might accept it. I dont know - Allah Malik.

Wassalam,

Orhan

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 8:18am

Islamic girl,

You will find all levels of faith in any religion.  Humans will be humans.  Allah gave us the guidance but He also gave us free will.

Qur'an 2:256 - Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks.  And Allah hears and knows all things.

Prophet Muhammad said:

"God does not judge according to your bodies and appearances but He scans your hearts and looks into your deeds."

"Powerful is not he who knocks the other down, indeed powerful is he who controls himself in a fit of anger."

In Islam we are all responsible for our own actions.  We are also urged to enjoin good and forbid evil.  Sometimes it is hard to know what to do or say when we see others doing harm to their own souls.  Perhaps a gentle reminder would help them; certainly prayer would.  In any case, don't let the perplexng actions of others steer you away from the straight path!  Allah knows best.

Peace, ummziba.

IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:41am

I've seen many women who cover their heads, yet back~bite, gossip, lie.  Men who go to mosques and prayer Juma on Fridays, then intoxicate themselves and cheat on their wife the following night... I mean what's up with that...?

I don't personally wear hijab, however.. I feel like when I see this sort of behaviour.. I feel more pure in my heart than these kinds of people.  I mean don't these individuals feel the least bit of guilt???

What do you think all?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic