IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Double Standards.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDouble Standards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 4:34pm
It is my right and privilege to argue from the perspective of a modern Muslim. Islamicity does NOT monopolise Islamic discourse, ideas or even the notion of Islam itself. I can question dogma - especially if the ideology promoted in Islamicity is of a variety where many people find to be unacceptable. Are you telling me that I cannot speak my mind here without being accused of apostasy ? To me this is just gangsterism. When Islamicity cannot answer my questions - they then accuse me of apostasy. Remember Galileo and the Inquisition ? Thats Islamicity.........
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

When Islamicity cannot answer my questions - they then accuse me of apostasy. Remember Galileo and the Inquisition ? Thats Islamicity.........

Does islamicity have a Q and A forum inviting people to ask questions that it promises to answer?

And who from Islamicity accused you of apostacy? Was it the CEO, or the technical support team, or the managerial staff? Where is your proof?

N

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:33pm

It is my right and privilege to argue from the perspective of a modern Muslim. Islamicity does NOT monopolise Islamic discourse, ideas or even the notion of Islam itself.

We have a set of guidelines to be followed here. If anyone does not follow these, his/her comments are dealt by the moderators. If you have problems with this system, the easiest way to circumvent it is to familiarise yourself with the norms, most of the members are following.

I can question dogma - especially if the ideology promoted in Islamicity is of a variety where many people find to be unacceptable.

"Promoted at Islamicity" is a false expression. There are INDIVIDUALS who are expressing their views. These people have not other connection with this website except that they are board members, like yourself. Just like your views cannot be called views of islamicity, in the same way views of any other board member cannot be called "views of islamicity" Do you understand this technical fault in your statement mister?

Quote Are you telling me that I cannot speak my mind here without being accused of apostasy ?

You have made yourself vulnerable to attacks due to your comments. I dont know what different types of impressions people are receiving from your posts. Personally I think you are terribly misguided about Islam. .... NO, ISLAMICITY DID NOT SAY THAT. I SAID THAT, hope it is not too difficult for you to distinguish.

N

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:34pm

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Colin i havnt been around for a while so i dont know what posts you are talking about, have you reported them?

FYI i havnt come across anyone so far who i would consider on the same level as Mr alawi so i dont know where your acusation of double standards is coming from. I tolerated a lot from him before i decided to watch his posts more closely have you taken this into account?

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:00pm

>>>>It is my right and privilege to argue from the perspective of a modern Muslim.<<<<<

So doctor while you being moderate we are primitive in our thought? Syed I never truly like to say this (And may Allah forgive me if I am wrong) but you are truly a Kufr. Your arguments clearly show "too much Islam" creates a loop hole in politics i.e democracy. Your arguments show if there is a Caliphate this is not an acceptable system. Your system shows the opneness of a Muslim is wrong in western civilization. Muhammad (peace be upon you) has no instructed Muslims to behave like this obviously you are not of the Muslims when you make broad accusations such as you have made in the past and now.

Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 12:43am
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Colin i havnt been around for a while so i dont know what posts you are talking about, have you reported them?

FYI i havnt come across anyone so far who i would consider on the same level as Mr alawi so i dont know where your acusation of double standards is coming from. I tolerated a lot from him before i decided to watch his posts more closely have you taken this into account?

Rami, I have in the past reported Jibreel's insulting behaviour, and subsequently, there was a general warning issued about not using the word Nazi, although this did not stop him from regularly calling me a racists. Anyhow, since this warning (about two weeks ago), he has continued to use Nazi and other abusive terms towards me. Seeing that I reported him, I would have thought that the moderators would have at least monitored his posts for a while to make sure he stayed in line. I have reported another of his post today, hopefully, this will bring an end to the barrage of insults and we can return to some sort of normality and civility in our discussions.

-------

I am not familiar with Dr Alawi's previous posts, but the topics that were locked didn't appear to be any worse than many on this forum. If they had become abusive I would understand them being locked. In future, may I politely suggest, that if you are going to keep an eye on one member, you should also watch out for other members, especially those who have been previously warned against using abusive language.

Edited by Colin
Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:09am

Dear Colin,

My previous posts were no more abusive than the ones that you see here. Its just that I am able to expose their true colours for all to see and they don't want you to know what their true agenda is. This is the price I pay for FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY.

abi-uzair View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:31am

FREEDOM OF SADOM? OR DEMOCRACY OF FALLACY?

This man claps whenever islam cannot be implemented, whenever an Islamic group lost, whenever muslims are chased,. What kind of Muslim is this? Na'uzubillahi minhu.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic