IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rahim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rahim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rahim
    Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:58am
I became a Muslim through the mercy of Allah. This I know for I am the most unworthy. I don't even consider Heaven. I hope to serve Allah in gratitude for the more peaceful life he has shown me, free from the constant fears and hoplessness of before.
pilot View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 11:03pm

salamu alikum

welcom brothter to islam

Beyan44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:13am

Thank You, brother

I am an American from the southern part of the country. About seven years ago I began to ask Questions about my relationship with God. I began to Question Prayer to other entities other than God. This was the beginning of my path to Islam. I would however sink in my life to a pretty low point only to behold the glory of Allah out of nowhere. Just when I felt all hope was lost, living a life of sin and lies, Allah raised me up with the light. Allah showed me accountablity for what I have done, no matter how shameful. There is hope and choices I can make to change my life. Sometimes one can be judged not on the wrong that they may commit,but on the way they try to recover from error. I seek the Deen of Allah. It is very hard, but what good is not.

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:02am

Salam Alaikum brother,

Welcome to Islam, alhamdulillah.  The name of this topic is "Rahim", is that what you are changing your name to in light of converting?  If so, you must make it Abdul-Rahim because Rahim is one of the name of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

Edited by Knowledge01
Meedo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 12:50pm

Brother beyan

Allah's mercy is beyond your comprehension.

Welcome back to your Birth religion .

Beyan44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 6:57am

Rahim means Merciful, correct? Allah is byond my comprehension!

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Beyan44 Beyan44 wrote:

Rahim means Merciful, correct? Allah is byond my comprehension!

Salam Alaikum brotha,

Yes that is correct.  But when we use one of Allah's 99 names beautiful names for our own name we must put the word "Abdul" which means "slave of" in front of it so we are not calling ourselves Allah himself.  Do you understand?

mazallen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 1:50am

As Salamu Alaikum,

I think that Br. Beyan is referring to the mercy of Allah (regarding his return to Islam), not to his Islamic name.

Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic