IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question If I May  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestion If I May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question If I May
    Posted: 18 March 2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

You are now getting into petty semantics.  There is no difference if you use the English word or the Arabic.  Of course, it is preferred to say Allah, but one does not need to be so obsessive in the matter.  Allah (swt) does not concern Himself with such meaningless semantics and He certainly does not want us to waste our time on such matters.   

By the way, what faith do you follow?  Are you a Deist?

As Salaaamu Alaykum Islamispeace
 I Have Been Reading Some Of Your ( Post's ) I Knew You Would Come Up With Some Type Of Exuse , And Now You Want To Speak For Allah , You Should Do More Research  And Less Complaning ..

LOL To Answer You Question , Faith Is One Thing Knowing Is  Another , You May Have Faith In Your Cart , But Not Know The Wheel Is Loose ''

Read Below

This is typical ad-hominem style attacks from a person who does not know how to debate.  Many of the people I talk to resort to this!  Big%20smile  Instead of keeping on topic, they divert and resort to meaningless attacks.  

I have been reading your responses too.  Most of them are incoherent ramblings which go on and on until I get bored and go to another thread.  You need to learn how to articulate your ideas and get to the point without making endless posts.  LOL

You also did not answer my question.  You are clearly not a Muslim or Christian.  So what are you?  I ask because it will help me to know where your ideas are coming from.   

You Know Whenever I Hear People Like YourSELF Ask What Is One Faith / Belief , It Because They're Looking For Away To Attacks Their Faith / Belief's / Resource Etc . This Is A Old Trick . This Is Because They Play This Game My God Is Better Then Your God . And 95 % Of Them Know Nothing Of Their Own Scriptues . They Also Come Up With All Type Of Excuses Like You Doing Now . 
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:59am

Ques; What The Meaning Of The Word '' Allah '' And Where Did It Come From ? islamispeace

It means "The God" in Arabic.  It is how God refers to Himself in the Quran.  It existed in pre-Islamic Arabia and was also known to Arabic Jews and Christians.  We even know of a Christian inscription from 512 CE which refers to Allah (swt):

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/History/Islam/Inscriptions/zebed.html
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:52am

You are now getting into petty semantics.  There is no difference if you use the English word or the Arabic.  Of course, it is preferred to say Allah, but one does not need to be so obsessive in the matter.  Allah (swt) does not concern Himself with such meaningless semantics and He certainly does not want us to waste our time on such matters.   

I Have Been Reading Some Of Your ( Post's ) I Knew You Would Come Up With Some Type Of Exuse , And Now You Want To Speak For Allah , You Should Do More Research  And Less Complaning ..

LOL To Answer You Question , Faith Is One Thing Knowing Is  Another , You May Have Faith In Your Cart , But Not Know The Wheel Is Loose ''

Read Below

This is typical ad-hominem style attacks from a person who does not know how to debate.  Many of the people I talk to resort to this!  Big%20smile  Instead of keeping on topic, they divert and resort to meaningless attacks.  

I have been reading your responses too.  Most of them are incoherent ramblings which go on and on until I get bored and go to another thread.  You need to learn how to articulate your ideas and get to the point without making endless posts.  LOL

You also did not answer my question.  You are clearly not a Muslim or Christian.  So what are you?  I ask because it will help me to know where your ideas are coming from.   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 4:45pm
Ques; What The Meaning Of The Word '' Allah '' And Where Did It Come From ? islamispeace

El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 4:40pm

Read Below

Edited by IssaEl999 - 17 March 2011 at 4:41pm
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 4:07pm

Edited by islamispeace - 17 March 2011 at 4:07pm

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:36pm

Quote As Salaaamu Alaykum Islamispeace

The Post Above This One Is Conformation That Muslims Are To  Read The Scriptures Before The Qur'aan  By You Trying To Change My Question Useing Lot / Trinty Doesn't Change Anything .  Your First Mistake Is Assumeing I Accept The Trinity / Or Who Sleep With Who , You Still Haven't Answer The Question; Why Do Muslims Call  Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta ' Ala  ( God )?

Walaikum as-salaam.  I never said that you accept the trinity or other beliefs.  I was pointing out that these beliefs are present in the Bible.  Since they are refuted by the Quran, there is no logical reason for Muslims to read the Bible as scripture.  As I said, the Quran came to confirm the original message of the previous scriptures, and to refute the falsehood that had been added to it (whether simply in terms of interpretation or actual physical additions). 

I also answered your question about why we say "May He be Glorified and  Exalted".  This phrase serves to glorify and praise our Lord and Creator.  It is just like God "Almighty" or some other phrase of praise. 

The word '' God '' among '' English '' - speaking people is considered to be the name for the '' Supreme Being '' in the Universe , yet according to the English dictionary , ( Webster ) a '' Being '' is '' Any Living Thing Or Person '' . Allah is definitely more than just a '' Thing '' . Allah can neither be a '' Supreme  Person , '' for a person is identified by a physcial body . Those who believe that the Creator took shape in a body must also believe  that Scientists , mere men , have complete Knowledge of the Nature of the Universe and the answer to the final WHY ( WHY /  is why w, why ) .

This is plain stupodity . This is to say that since the Scientist , through Research and Experimentation , has learn the Human Body as far as knowing the number of Bones and Cells and Heartbeats Per Minute and the Composition of the Brain , Etc , One would say that things which seem wonderous and Unexplainable are now brought down to a level of Explanation . Therefore one would be inclinded to assume that they ( Scientists ) have complete Knowledge of these things , more so than any other Individual . Yet , that Scientists ( Man ) has Blood . If exposed to the degree of Heat , His Blood  would Boil and therefore immobillize his Body .

If exposed to Extreme Pain , It may become too Unbearable for his Sense and the Body may become Dead to all Sensation - whether it is a state of Shock or Death . Not only are These things evidence of the Impossiblity of the Creator being a '' Person ''  but a person could be Stabbed or Shot , or Run Over , in short , a person could be Wounded or Killed . So , you see , No Man  has the final answer , and the idea of the Creator of All having a Flesh and Bone Body is perfectly ridiculous ; how can he have Created the Extreme Heat or the Sun without it destroying Him in the procees ? Think About That . The Belief that Allah , Or the Creator Of All Life , can do anything is also incorrect .

There is one thing that the Creator Cannot Do ; That may Sound Very Strange , But That One Thing Is ; The Ability To Regress .Allah Cannot Become Less Than Himself . Otherwise He Would No Longer Be Allah .  Man is the image and the likeness of Allah without the Divine Qualities . If anything was taken out of the all , It would no longer be the all . something ( that which was removed ) would be missing . Let us take a look at word , e.g Pear . Changr the small p . to a capital P . This does not change the meaning of the word , or give it any Divine Qualities , or make it an object of Worship .... the same goes for the word '' god '' The word '' god '' with a lower case '' g '' is the exact same word with a upper case '' G''  A '' G '' is still a '' g '' and a God is still a god , which is still Polytheism . If you believe that your Creator is All Powerful , and nothing can be compared to Him , why do you insist upon calling Him by a name that could be applied to anything ; Man and / or Woman and / or Animal and / or object ?

It is obvious that most '' Moslems / Muslims or whatever titles they use to call themselves , have accept the Fallacy that '' God is the English '' Equivalent '' of Allah . There Is No Such Thing As An Equivalent To Allah !! Take A Good Look At Your Qur'an .

Holy Qur'an 112 ; 1 - 4 , And I Quote ; Muhammad Tell Them The Meccans Allah Is The Source ,  < Ahad > Who Is Alone . The Source , Allah Needs Nothing , Foe He Is < Al Samad > Has No Deficiencies  . ( Neither Mother Nor Father Has He , And ) He Was Not Conceived ( By A Sexual Intercourse Of Any Two Mortal Beings ) ; Nor Did He Conceive ( An Individual Mortal < Walad > Son ) . And No One Is < Kufuwaan > Equal To Him .

Furthermore , we know this to be a Fallacy because of the fact that Allah , the name of the '' One Who Gives Us Life '' , is the same in all Languages . This word cannot , and need not , be Translated . '' The Breath Of Life '' is the same in any Languages , Our very Breath tells us whom we should give thanks to , simply because with every Breath we involuntarilly say '' Allah '' the name of '' He Who Gives Life .

Holy Quran 2 ; 163 , And I Quote ; And  Ilaahukum ( Your El / Allah ) Source , Is < Waahidun > One Ilaahun ( Allah / El ) Source . No Ilaaha (  El / Allah )  Source ' Would Exist If He ( Hu -The Creative Force Of Will ) , Didn't Creat Him ; Huwa Is < Al Rahmaan > The Yielder , < Al Rahiym > The Merciful .

More In Next Post

Edited by IssaEl999 - 17 March 2011 at 1:39pm
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:05pm
Quote As Salaaamu Alaykum Islamispeace

The Post Above This One Is Conformation That Muslims Are To  Read The Scriptures Before The Qur'aan  By You Trying To Change My Question Useing Lot / Trinty Doesn't Change Anything .  Your First Mistake Is Assumeing I Accept The Trinity / Or Who Sleep With Who , You Still Haven't Answer The Question; Why Do Muslims Call  Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta ' Ala  ( God )?

Walaikum as-salaam.  I never said that you accept the trinity or other beliefs.  I was pointing out that these beliefs are present in the Bible.  Since they are refuted by the Quran, there is no logical reason for Muslims to read the Bible as scripture.  As I said, the Quran came to confirm the original message of the previous scriptures, and to refute the falsehood that had been added to it (whether simply in terms of interpretation or actual physical additions). 

I also answered your question about why we say "May He be Glorified and  Exalted".  This phrase serves to glorify and praise our Lord and Creator.  It is just like God "Almighty" or some other phrase of praise. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic