IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims In Non-Muslim Countries  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMuslims In Non-Muslim Countries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:30am
I think i shouldn't wait to ten...
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:48am

I have not adopted any country as my motherland, nor I am promoting any manufactured brands  of anything in the land I live. However I am living my identity, which I am proud of!

Quote Denying this is closing your eye towards the ugly reality that Muslims FAIL to integrate into Non-Muslim societies. As for India - I don't think that even you will accept their so-called Muslim commander as a true Muslim.

You have no right to say this in context of India, as you know nothing about Indian Muslims. Indian Muslims are integrated into the society since not decades but centuries! No, they do not demand any nonsense that you accuse muslims of. If you knew history you should have known that President Kalam is not the first president of India who is a Muslim. Dr. Zakir Hussain was the first muslim president in India, and second was Dr. Fakkhruddin Ali Ahmad! This was in 1960s and 1970s. If muslims were not integrated in post british India, one would have not seen their names in the list of former Presidnets.

As for shooting at pakistan, who told you muslims in India want president Kalam to shoot? Looks like your knowledge of world politics is extreemly poor! yet you have the cheek to come here and accuse muslims of what not.

As for your title, I dont know what kind of superiority you want to impose on the readers and intimidate them by calling yourself a "Doctor" on an islamic forum. It makes no sense. You shld let the fact cross your little mind that you cannot be the only person who holds such a degree! - the only difference is that others are not ridiculing the prestigious institutions by flaunting their degrees where it is unnecessary.

Nausheen

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:51am

Dear Nausheen,have you realized that you are standing at the middle of an duet,i don't want to shoot a muslimah by an mistake...if you move back we will count to ten then the rest one stays in the thread...thanks...

Lehua View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:17am

Dr. Syed Alwi,

First I would like to welcome you and thank you for putting your time offering questions.

Second I will try to answer your questions with the knowledge that I have.

A Muslim cannot be committed to a Non-Muslim country becuase the commitment can go agianst his/her Islamic beliefs.  However I don't believe there is an "Islamic" State in the world today, no country honestly reflects Islamic qualities in thier government.

As a Muslim in a Non-Muslim Country(US), I am allowed to have different beliefs than the majority of the population and I express them when ever I get the chance.  Unfortunetly elections have been a choice between the lesser of two evils.

I would fight for my country ONLY if it is a fair and just cause.  Even if there was a draft that forced women to fight, if it is not for the right reasons, I would not fight.

As far as a dilema of God before state or State before God.  There is no dilema!  Allah(swt) is above everything & everyone.

Islam is perfect.  It is muslims who are faulty and need reform.  The Koran is guide to how we should live our life, how we treat eachother, who we should socialize with, etc.; a basic guide to life.  All our questions are answered in the Koran.  While I might not be able to start an Islamic movement in the US, I am able to live my life surrounded by my Muslim friends and fight my own personal jihad against non-islamic influences that I am bombarded with.

Your are absolutely correct in saying that there are no Muslims that are integrated in to a Non-Muslim society and there shouldn't be.  Since our faith does not support "Western Values" we cannot integrate into it.  We only can coexist side by side.

I feel that I have answered all the questions that I can (since somethings are directed toward others).  Please respond with more questions or if you would like me to ellaborate on anything that I have stated.

Lehua

beloved View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:34am

Indeed I put it to you that this commander of yours will never shoot at Pakistan.

No need doctor.

Verily, the most honourable among you, in the sight of Allah, is he who is the most righteous among you. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.

If we are righteous, we will live.

beloved View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:37am

While I might not be able to start an Islamic movement in the US, I am able to live my life surrounded by my Muslim friends and fight my own personal jihad against non-islamic influences that I am bombarded with.

If you start a movement, then that would be the worst use of the freedom you are given in that country.  The West is not forcing anything on us.

Your are absolutely correct in saying that there are no Muslims that are integrated in to a Non-Muslim society and there shouldn't be.  Since our faith does not support "Western Values" we cannot integrate into it.  We only can coexist side by side.

How can we live "side by side"?  We can only live together.

Lehua View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 10:34am

Assalmu alaikum,

Beloved, what do you mean by "live together"?  My definition of "live together" is sharing who I am and what I believe.  Doing so is not encouraged or allowed in some cases in the US.  In the US people want you to assimilate, disregard you beliefs of they do not coenside with the majority.  I could never disregard my beliefs to "fit in" with the majority, so I live side by side. 

I respect your beliefs as long as you respect mine. 

I will not force my beliefs on you and I will not let you force yours on me.

I will stand up and tell you, you are wrong and have sufficient evidence.

I will let you live your life the way you want to live it, however if you ask me, I will tell you if you are doing things wrong.

If this is what you describe as "live together", then we live together.

Lehua

Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 6:06pm

Dear Lehua,

I see that you are very honest. I appreciate your honesty very much. You are very correct in some of your views. Muslims can never really integrate into Non-Muslim societies. But I do think that we as Muslims - will have to learn how to be positive members of society. We cannot simply coexist as then our young become prey to dangerous Al-Qaeda ideology. Now Bush is thinking of attacking Iran. Can you imagine what that will do to Muslims in America ? Thank God I left America 8 years ago ! Thanks Lehua !

Regards

Dr Syed Alwi

Edited by Dr Syed Alwi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic