IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shiitism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShiitism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 4:49am
Br Usmani...

Bukhari is a book of hadith.....and not saying of any layman.....

The latter part of the hadith are the saying of the Prophet (s.a.w)....its odd dat u see somebody the questioner and the answerer of da same question in front of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w)...
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 9:59pm
Brother Asad,

This is the hadith you quoted earlier and we are talking about.

Yazid b. Hayyan reported: We went to him (Zaid b. Arqam) and said to him. You have found goodness (for you had the honour) to live in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and offered prayer behind him, and the rest of the hadith is the same but with this variation of wording that lie said: Behold, for I am leaving amongst you two weighty things, one of which is the Book of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, and that is the rope of Allah. He who holds it fast would be on right guidance and he who abandons it would be in error, and in this (hadith) these words are also found: We said: Who are amongst the members of the household ? Aren't the wives (of the Holy Prophet) included amongst the members of his house hold? Thereupon he said: No, by Allah, a woman lives with a man (as his wife) for a certain period; he then divorces her and she goes back to her parents and to her people; the members of his household include his ownself and his kith and kin (who are related to him by blood) and for him the acceptance of Zakat is prohibited.
Source: Sahih Muslim Book 31, Number 5923:

First thing is, it is not the bukhari hadith.Muslim ahadith are also reliable what I am saying is, as usual your are again wrong in the understanding of this hadith.Please do your proper study of this hadith then say some thing about it.

You said:-The latter part of the hadith are the saying of the Prophet (s.a.w)....

No it is not,(Thereupon he said) he is here Zaid b. Arqam and not the Prophet(pbuh) niether it appearing that he said the last part in the presence of Prophet(pbuh).

Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 1:40am
Brother I think we should not forget the words before the line you have highlighted....there some words of translation we have to look into:

Yazid b. Hayyan reported: We went to him (Zaid b. Arqam) and said to him. You have found goodness (for you had the honour) to live in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and offered prayer behind him, and the rest of the hadith is the same but with this variation of wording that lie said: Behold, for I am leaving amongst you two weighty things, one of which is the Book of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, and that is the rope of Allah. He who holds it fast would be on right guidance and he who abandons it would be in error, and in this (hadith) these words are also found: We said: Who are amongst the members of the household ? Aren't the wives (of the Holy Prophet) included amongst the members of his house hold? Thereupon he said: No, by Allah, a woman lives with a man (as his wife) for a certain period; he then divorces her and she goes back to her parents and to her people; the members of his household include his ownself and his kith and kin (who are related to him by blood) and for him the acceptance of Zakat is prohibited.
Source: Sahih Muslim Book 31, Number 5923:

Well the words "and in this (hadith) these words are also found" Indicates that the narrator had not yet completed the Hadith, but there were still words to be spoken by Prophet (s.a.w) which he narrated in the latter part....thus i think this clearly indicates  the fact that "He" reffers to Prophet (s.a.w).....

secondly these are the words of the narrator which has been written by muslim.....therfore the narrator would never say "thereuupon he said" for himself.....
lastly i am pretty much sure that muslim (according to u) would narrate a hadith from a pious person who does not lie...or differ from Prophet (s.a.w)...looking at the nature of the perfection u raise his book to.....therfore even if i assume that he was giving his own words, he would not have said it if the Prophet (s.a.w) would have differed from his view......

Please give a logical answer to this without any assumptions...

Edited by asda - 20 February 2009 at 11:45am
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 11:02pm
Brother Asad,

Here is the hadith of bukhari and it is very clear in its message that Prophet(pbuh) said hazrat Aisha and other wifes ahle bayt.No need to do any asumtion as you did in the above hadith like, I think,if,so many other asumtions as well.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 316

Narrated Anas:

A banquet of bread and meat was held on the occasion of the marriage of the Prophet to Zainab bint Jahsh. I was sent to invite the people (to the banquet), and so the people started coming (in groups). They would eat and then leave. Another batch would come, eat and leave. So I kept on inviting the people till I found nobody to invite.

Then I said, �O Allah�s Prophet! I do not find anybody to invite.�

He (the Prophet) said, �Carry away the remaining food.� Then a batch of three persons stayed in the house chatting. The Prophet left and went towards the dwelling place of Aisha and said, �Peace and Allah�s Mercy be on you, Ya Ahlel Bayt (O the people of the house)!�

She replied, �Peace and the mercy of Allah be on you too. How did you find your wife? May Allah bless you.�

Then he went to the dwelling places of all his other wives and said to them the same as he said to Aisha and they said to him the same as Aisha had said to him.

Brother be patient and study the things with fear of Allah,Insha Allah you will find the truth.This reminder is for me and all the others as well.  
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 12:03pm
Salaam'alaikum...
Hope you are doing good by the Grace of Allah (s.w.t)

Probably a lot can be said about this hadith as well...

but....by looking at it ( i mean widout detailed analysis) it seems dat this hadith contradicts the hadith in sahih muslim....i think a lot can be said...and a lot can be researched on.....

Just so dat this does not go on and on as a never ending discussion...i think we shud finally end this discussion...because i think this can go on and on....the reason being is that we are not in front of each other..probably if we discuss this face to face a better discussion would take place...

therfore..here is my closing statements...

The purity of Ahlel Bayt (a.s) mentioned in the quran clearly does not including the wives according to me...the reason being proved is that the purity mentioned in verse 33:33 is a physical as well as spiritual purity which i have derrived and shown here as it is mentioned in varios tafseer....now if we read the verses before verse 33:33, Allah (s.w.t) clearly warns the wives of Prophet (s.a.w) about the behavior they shud avoid while speaking about the azaab if they do so...while da same approach can be seen in the 1st few aayaats of surah tahrim....therfore there is no link between the purity and warning of azaab...

According to my view, The wives of Prophet (s.a.w) were pios exept those who have been talked about in quran in a negative way.......further more, the piosness of a person cannot be seen because of relation to the Holy Prophet (s.a.w).....because we should not forget that they were fallable humans who can make mistakes....

in all this discussion has taken varios routes...and it was nice talking to all the participants....wen i  analysed this discussion (just went thru right now) there was a lot for both of us to learn about each others view and how we justify our view point......thank you all for the information provided...

regards
asda
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

According to my view, The wives of Prophet (s.a.w) were pios exept those who have been talked about in quran in a negative way.......further more, the piosness of a person cannot be seen because of relation to the Holy Prophet (s.a.w).....because we should not forget that they were fallable humans who can make mistakes....

I bet if you look in the mirror you will view a Satan or some thing similar...Why is that along with the rise of Jewish Zionism the Shiism is also on the ascendancy! The Shiis are the Jews of Muslim ummah and they need to be watched more than the real Jews; otherwise there would be a loss for the Ummah for the heedlessness particularly the subcontinental shiias ..........

It might be only Shiia Quran that talks negative about Prophet's wives that is not in real Quran......

BTW Who died and left you in charge! You seem to be a handler of a garbage dump? Don't pollute this place with your presence........

Edited by Sign*Reader - 21 February 2009 at 12:31pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 4:25am

Asda: All I can say is 'Wow' . . . and that ur beliefs are such, that they no longer make me cringe at Brother Sign Reader's harsh replies. . . (no offence S.R?  )

'Some' Umhat-ul-Momineen were talked abt in the Qur'an in a negative manner? I am so flabbergasted, I cant think of anything to say.

Dead

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 12:17pm
Salaam'alaikum...

dont worry br chrysalis...i have been ignoring his idiotic posts and remarks and reply wenever his posts are worth it...

well...i think this is a very hard pill to swollow for many sunni brothers.....but ya its true....some wives of Prophet (s.a.w)...and can be found in varios tafaseer.....well this topic again calls for a looong discussion......but i would not uselessly persue this topic.....but if u want to learn about the views of the school of Ahlel Bayt (a.s), then we can further discuss on it...inshallah....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic