IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shiitism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShiitism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 9:25pm
. . . "And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah (i.e. this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favor on you, . . . "

"As for those who Divide their Religion and Break up into Sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the Truth of all that they did." [Quran 6:159]

"And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them. It is they for whom there is an awful torment." [Quran 3:100 - 3:105]"

Ya Sayedi, kindly stop creating mischief, and riling people. It is the month of Ramadhan, that of all things, should deter you.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 4:28pm
How do you explain this?

Shiite cults seek to wreak havoc in Iraq

BAGHDAD -- Falling into a depression after her husband was killed last year, Iman immersed herself in religious studies and became fixated on a Shiite Muslim saint.

Soon, a secretive group of worshipers tried to recruit the young widow, telling her that she could help bring the holy figureback to Earth. All she had to do was sleep with the group's male followers.

Horrified, Iman, now 20, refused.

Her experience shines a light on the rise in Iraq of fanatical cults devoted to Imam Mahdi, the Shiites' 12th imam. A descendant of the prophet Muhammad, he disappeared more than 1,000 years ago.

The Shiite faithful believe that in the world's darkest hour, Imam Mahdi will return and bring justice and calm. But where mainstream Shiite believers wait patiently for that day, groups such as the one that tried to enlist Iman are convinced that they can hasten his reappearance by spreading chaos.

Devout Sunnis also believe in the Mahdi's coming, but do not think it involves the Shiite imam.

Already, two Shiite cults have tried to stage violent uprisings in Iraq. In January 2007, as many as 250 followers of a group called Heaven's Army were killed when they massed to attack the Shiite shrine city of Najaf. A year later, as many as 80 people died in battles with the police and army during a revolt in Basra by another cult, Supporters of the Mahdi.

Some experts speak of the cults nervously, afraid of being tracked down by the groups for talking about their mysterious practices.

Dr. Hassan, a psychology professor at Baghdad's Mustansiriya University who declined to give his full name because of worries about his safety, explained that some Iraqis had embraced conservative Shiite traditions with zeal after the 2003 ouster of Saddam Hussein, who had oppressed the country's Shiite majority.

"Before the war, the situation was different. To talk about religious things was forbidden and one could be arrested," Hassan said. "All these feelings bottled up inside and started to appear after Saddam's fall."

Iman, who also declined to give her full name, discovered the world of cults as she sought solace in religion in the months after her husband's death. A friend suggested she do something positive while waiting for Imam Mahdi's return.

"Her talks charmed me and made me think about heaven," Iman said. She opened up to her friend in a way she couldn't with her family. She told her friend how she had been lonely since her husband's death.

"I liked to talk about my needs as a woman, and we were joking about many things. Unfortunately, sometimes I went too far talking about things I should never have talked about, but I was just joking," she said.

The woman suggested that Iman sleep with her husband if she wanted to help speed up the Mahdi's return.

"I looked at her and laughed. I thought she was joking. I told her, 'No, he is too old for me. I want someone younger,' " Iman said. "She said, 'I'm serious -- all you have to do is sleep with my husband.' "

Others shared similar stories about the group, called Mumahidoon, or "those who prepare the way."

Abu Jassem said the group preyed upon him when he was unemployed.

His recruiter was a good friend who knew of his religious fervor, and of his need for money. The friend sweetened the deal with the promise of a stipend for joining the cult. But then he told Abu Jassem of the one catch: He had to let his fellow believers sleep with his wife, daughter and sister.

"I was stunned but didn't show my astonishment. Later I told them I refused the idea because these things were against my traditions and religion."

Although Iraqi security officials dismiss the idea that such cults pose a genuine threat, Hassan is not convinced. "The cults in our society," he warned, "could pose a danger."
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 9:54pm

the above picture says it all.... its da same media which was used time and again against HAQ...y do u think the kufaar wud say gud about muslims...

if u want to chk how biased they are, just search for things like "islam in saudi arabia" and such stuff...u will get the facts..

and for a fact, they have loads of articles against the taliban that u support and islam....so if these people are saying the truth, according to u.....then i wonder if u r a muslim or not...
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

the above picture says it all.... its da same media which was used time and again against HAQ...y do u think the kufaar wud say gud about muslims...

if u want to chk how biased they are, just search for things like "islam in saudi arabia" and such stuff...u will get the facts..

and for a fact, they have loads of articles against the taliban that u support and islam....so if these people are saying the truth, according to u.....then i wonder if u r a muslim or not...

Duh! what planet do you live on?

Do you know any better paper than LA Times?

That all you can say am I Muslim?

For sure I am not shiit  and you know this is not shiit site!

No I don't see anti Islam articles here!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 16 October 2008 at 6:38pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Uighur View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

How do you explain this?

Shiite cults seek to wreak havoc in Iraq

BAGHDAD -- Falling into a depression after her husband was killed last year, Iman immersed herself in religious studies and became fixated on a Shiite Muslim saint.

Soon, a secretive group of worshipers tried to recruit the young widow, telling her that she could help bring the holy figureback to Earth. All she had to do was sleep with the group's male followers.

If this wrong something to do with shia ,then asda would post bunch of dark stories on sunni since there are some extreme cult organizations do exist among sunni population.So I am afraid this discussion would turn meaningless exchange of bad stories . Do you thing it bring anything good to us?Confused

Despite I am sunni Muslim who Hanifi in fiq ,I think  Asda is doing better job here,his message at least brought light to common misunderstanding
which we sunni fool ourselves with.  

by the way brother Asda, i have read a saying of our beloved prophet in which he said companions shouldn't be insulted  ,but how are you Shia guys managed to skip this hedisth ?

Edited by Uighur - 16 October 2008 at 7:01am
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:33pm
ok....i dont mind u believing in words of kufaar..... seeing that u find them "Authentic"..... or let me say this "AUTHENTIC AGAINST SHIAS"..... dunno whre this hate will take u...

u know the media is against the muslims....and LAT is not naive to this situation..... u can search articles on womens rights on islam...u might find some.....and for a fact...many old news articles are not working....so its uselss...

but still, probably u like muslim women being potrayed in the following way...dont u...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-women1-2008jun01,0,5128164,full.story
the writer has uselessly related the topic to islam...
i can find more but have better things to do in life...
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

dunno whre this hate will take u...

but still, probably u like muslim women being potrayed in the following way...dont u...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-women1-2008jun01,0,5128164,full.story
the writer has uselessly related the topic to islam...
i can find more but have better things to do in life...

Look who is talking about hate when you know deep down in your heart, the shiasm is based on the hate of the Caliphs etc! that no one can deny!
I love your contrived innocence!

LAT reported some stuff produced in a place run by Hizbullah! LOL
      They report what is happening! Someone locally is putting in the effort and money on these programs, is it LAT's issue?

Aw; thanks for the search and posting the link, I missed it in our print addition!

BTW tell me what the name of your local paper and let me see what does it print!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 16 October 2008 at 6:42pm
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 7:57pm
Asalaamu alaikum...
I do not mean to be rude, but what is the point of this thread?
I am sunni, and my husband is shia, we have been together over 20 years and have not killed each other (the first thing a person who does not know us that finds out asks if we war daily)
I do not follow him in prayer. He is a legitimate Muslim that walks a slightly different path.
Our one child between us. a son, has chosen the sunnipath.
So why all the silliness here? It is the Kafir that cause any division. Muslim is muslim....Allah will be the Judge!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic