IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is male circumcision required  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is male circumcision required

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdnur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is male circumcision required
    Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:32am

Now to a more serious/painfull subject

If one embraces islam as an adult is he riquired to circumcize or not?

Did the people during the life of the prophet when they became Muslim, did they circumcize? did the prophet ask/require them to? were they already circumcized, i.e. was it arab customs to circumcize their children?

I was told the prophet Abraham circumcized himself as an adult with an axe. Is that true? Wow, what an accuracy, having used an axe myself, I could never strike the same spot twice in a row!!

abdnur

Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 9:10am

Brother, I think you should ask this to other convert brothers. I don't know whether there are many here.

But I have heard that, astounded by mass conversions, sometimes Muslim scholars got fed up with this matter and declared, "okay, then you stay uncircumsized but never forget to have your children circumsized."

There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:23am

abdnur,

I know it's compulsury for hygene purposes. here's a website u may find useful:  http://www.tolueislam.com/Bazm/Wadud/AW_food.htm.

There's other things on there u may find useful 2.

Salams

*Islamic Girl*
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:45am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

There are three bad experiences which i faced  in my life;the first one was my military obligation which i had realized that there were no doors at showers,the second one is eating a gum which i did not realize that there were ants on it and took to my mouth chewing it with an opinion that eating an eucalyptus gum is wonderful...of course the last one is my circumcision,i was eight and running in the house and a doctor who was carrying a lancet was also running behind me and i was at the third floor that no where to escape,they were 4 and i was 1;i was crying and they were laughing,i damned all of them...if a doctor is running behind you and saying that nothing will happen;trust me that he is a full liar!.

I don't wonder if it is required or not;things happened to me and no way to turning back...

Edited by Suleyman
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 2:20am

Hey all who are interested:  read this article on circumcision, this is a very interesting website it has the pro's and con's on circumcision. 

http://www.medicinenet.com/circumcision_the_medical_pros_and _cons/article.htm

Personally I believe the pro's are higher the con's that's why it is compulsury in Islam to get circumcised for males. 

*Islamic Girl*
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 7:26am
Perhaps circumcision is required so Muslim men can have some
understanding of the suffering of the Jewish people   

DavidC
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 6:03am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Perhaps circumcision is required so Muslim men can have some
understanding of the suffering of the Jewish people   

DavidC

That's not funny, DavidC.

As far as I know, (male) circumcision is a tradition that we have inherited from Ibrahim (Abraham), spiritual father of all later believers.

There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 6:26am

DavidC is very immature!

*Islamic Girl*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic