IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus' Great Commandments: The Bridge?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus' Great Commandments: The Bridge?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YieldedOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:01pm
1) Rethinking Maududi
He may have been a controversial figure, but Maududi's commentary on the Qu'ran still has a lot to teach us
April 11, 2008

2) Towards Understanding the Qur'an is the English rendering of Syed Abul Ala Maududi's famous Urdu Tafsir or commentary of Qur'an -- Tafhim al-Qur'an.

This book ranks as one of the best commentaries of the Qur'an. In this commentary work Maududi gives the historical reasons behind the verses of Qur'an. He also gives a comprehensive introduction and background for each chapter in the Qur'an. This tafsir answers contemporary questions. Maps and indexes add greatly to the work.
YieldedOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YieldedOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:02pm
Honeto, 

If you would be so kind...you've gotta give me a really goooooooooood reason why you dismiss Maududi's perspective so lightly. 

Smile

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:00pm
Alhumdolillah, Praise the Lord for Islam.
Yes, and thank God that the Quran and Sunnah is the authority in Islam, and not the hierarchy like in other believes.
I respect those with knowledge. If M. Maududi was here I would ask him, if that's what he said and why, he will have to explain it.

Let me tell you something, there is a lot of clear things in the Quran that a believer must understand and follow, anything else, anything that need explaination, has to be explained by those with knowledge. In this case it is not so. This matter has been clearly stated in the FinalTestament. There is no counfusion if you read. So we need not to bring anyone else to give us their opinion. Remember Islam is not aboutmy opinion or anyone elses, rather it is straight out commands from the One who knows All. And when God said something and it is conveyed to us clearly, we need not to find opinions of other about it so we can find something we like in it, unless we don't believe that it is from God. 

I have given you a logical and truthful answer already that the Quran has clearly spoken on the subject, no one can change it except God Almighy.

Let me ask you this, what do you extract from this:
"Commentary by Maulana Maududi

1. The Torah is generally taken to signify the first five books of the Old Testament, and the Injil (Gospel), to mean the four Gospels of the New Testament, even though those books form a part of it. This has sometimes caused people to wonder if these books were indeed revealed by God. If they are accepted as revealed, one may wonder if the Qur'an really verifies their contents as this verse says. The fact is, however, that the Torah is not identical with the first five books of the Old Testament even though those books form a part of the Torah. Likewise, the Injil is not identical with the four Gospels of the New Testament."

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 March 2011 at 9:28pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic