IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Illness during Fasting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Illness during Fasting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Illness during Fasting
    Posted: 13 March 2005 at 12:41pm

Topic:  Illness During Fasting (1 of 5), Read 19 times 
Conf:  Discussions: Ramadan 
Date:  Saturday, November 06, 2004 11:10 PM 

Assalaamualaikum,

I suffer from illness like a gastric ulcer as well as hypoglycemia and have tried fasting but don't seem to manage and spend most of the day with a terrible headache that affects my eyesight and the only way I can manage is if I sleep.

Please advise me as to whether I should continue fasting and what possible remedies are there for me.

=========================================

Topic:  Illness During Fasting (2 of 5), Read 18 times 
Date:  Saturday, November 06, 2004 11:21 PM 

"What experience & history teach is this: that people & governments have never learned anything from history".

~Please dont frown! For you never know who may be falling in love with your smile!~
------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------

I such you see your doctor, it is hard to determine with gastric ulcers and hypoglycemia where you need special care and most like special diet, we here both muslim and non muslims are not that sufficent in information like this and it would be wrong to even suggest anything else.
Please see your doctor where you will get proper advice and your Iman at your mosque.

Angel
[p.s; I am non muslim]

===============================================

Topic:  Illness During Fasting (3 of 5), Read 23 times 
Date:  Sunday, November 07, 2004 03:13 AM 

On 11/6/2004 11:21:00 PM, Angel wrote:
>I such you see your doctor, it is hard to determine with gastric ulcers and hypoglycemia where you need special care and most like special diet, we here both muslim and non muslims are not that sufficient in information like this and it would be wrong to even suggest anything else. Please see your doctor where you will get proper advice and your Iman at your mosque. Angel [p.s; I am non muslim]<

Angel's advise is good. Ask your doctor and any scholar in your area to see what can be done. In your situation, it may be better to feed the poor (though I seriously suggest to follow medical and scholarly advice). If they suggest to try fasting, tell them your situation. If they recommend feeding the poor (as based upon the Qur'an and sunnah), then do so.

Angel: just to let you know... iman (with an "n") means faith. An Imam (an "m" at the end) is the leader of prayers in the mosque. It's easy to mistake if you aren't so familiar with the terms... :)

==========================================

Topic:  To peaceinislam (4 of 5), Read 18 times 
Date:  Sunday, November 07, 2004 06:23 PM 

Salam sister peaceinislam,

I was born into a Muslim family, however
my parents are not really devout Muslims.
They dont know much about Islam themselves. But still they tried to teach me lots of good things. They sent me to other people so that I can read Quran very well, they taught me to do the 5 daily prayers. Now I am too far better than them. I mean I do what they taught me but they dont. My parents hardly complete the 5 daily prayers. Sometimes, they dont do the A'sar prayer and sometimes they dont the 'Isyak prayer. Please give me any idea how can I advice and tell them at the best way so that they can abey Allah well. I am afraid, because I love them so much, I think this 'advice' work dont suite with my createrion. My father himself cannot read Quran very well and almost never did.

One more question, In the Ramadan, is it true that all the Syaitan(Satan/devil) is prisoned? I heard this a lot, but some people that say that there are still few that isnt prisoned.

Jazakallah. May Allah Bless you. Ameen.
Thank you

Maizatul

===========================================

Topic:  To peaceinislam (5 of 5), Read 14 times 
Date:  Monday, November 08, 2004 10:14 PM 

"What experience & history teach is this: that people & governments have never learned anything from history".

~Please dont frown! For you never know who may be falling in love with your smile!~
---------------------------------------------------------

ooops ;-)

Thanks Peace :-)
a rose for you :-)

Angel.

Warda000 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warda000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 3:37am

Assalam-0-alikum

Please help me.....i am searching about Abdullah the father of Prophet but i can't ...if u can please send me on this id

[email protected]

May Allah bless u ..     Thank u

A sister.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic