IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I wanted to know more about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I wanted to know more about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KuwaitiMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 4:57am
Here is a beautiful lecture by Sheik Hamza Yusuf (fantastic lecturer, American,  highly recommend him to you) about Abu Bakr.
pure_columbian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 7:31am
Don't worry about mistakes or thinking you don't know enough, I've been a muslim for 41 years and i still make mistakes and i'm still learning.
The thing to do is take the first step and learn with each step as you go along.
If someone ask you a question you don't know the answer to, tell them i don't the answer but i'll find out for you. :-)
I'm sure the number of people who know everything about their chosen religion is far smaller then the number who don't.

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by dianegreen dianegreen wrote:

Hi!

I want to know if, I am a Christian and I wanted to read the Quran, would that be okay? Should I learn how to read Islamic alphabet too? I have Islam friends and I wanted to learn more about it.

I hope my question won't offend anyone.

Thanks!

Five Witnesses Of Faith
1 . Tawhiyd = Oneness Of  Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta 'ALA . H-Q  20 ; 1 - 21
2 . Salaat = Worship . H-Q 2 ; 40 ; 46
3 . Zakaat = Poor ~ Rate . H-Q 4 ; 156 - 170
4 . Ramadaan ~ Fasting . H -Q  2 ; 183 - 189
5 . Hajj ~ Pilgrimage . H -Q 2 ; 190 - 195 .

The Five Prayer .
1 . Fajr ~ Dawn . H -Q 17 ; 78 - 83
2 . Dhuhr ~ Early Afternoon H -Q 24 ; 44 - 58
3 . Asr ~ Late Afternoon H-Q 2 ; 238
4 . Maghrib ~ Sun -Set  H -Q 30 ; 1 - 28
5 . Isha ~ Night   H -Q 24 ; 44 - 58

Al Qur'aan 2 ; 132 , And I Quote ; And Abraham By Way Of It ( Al Islaam ) Bequeathed ( Awarded ) His Sons ( Ishmaelites ) And Jacob's Sons ( Israelites ) . Surely Allah Chose The Decision For You  ( They Diyn ) . So Do Not Die Unless You Are Of The Ones Surrendering In Peace ( Muslims ) . ( 132 ) .

Believe Me , Allah Most Glorified And Exalted Is Aware Of Your  Lies  And Your Hypocrisy

Al Quraan 2 ; 8 - 10 ,  And I Quote ; And As For People Who Say ; '' We Are Faithful In Allah And The Last Day ' ; Yet They Are Not In ( Amongst ) The Faithful Ones , ( 9 ) . They Seek To Deceive Allah , And Those Who Are Faithful ( To Him ) , And They Deceive None Except Themselves ; Yet They Don't Perceive It . ( 10 ) . There Is A Disease In Their Hearts . So , Allah , Increases Their Disease  And For Them There Is An Aching Pain , Because They Are Liars .

When you take your Shahaada  , you  Make  an Oath Of Faith  in Allah Most Glorified And Exalted , his Scriptures  and his Prophets  ( PBUT ) .   At This Point You  Are Remorn .

Meaning you are raised from a Soul  in Darkness   and Death ,  to Light  and Living  . So To prove you are     Faithful  to him . You Must  show it through your Actions  by keeping the Laws  that are in His Scriptures  and following the Tradition   of His Peoplets  .

As One Reborn , You ...  Must  learn how to worship ,  Eat  , Speak  , and Dress  just like a Baby  has entered this world ;  And you ... Must  also learn about the  Background / History/ Culture   of your New Way Of Life ,  so it will be quite clear to you just how to live Al Islaam ;

In Diynu'l Islaam there are Laws Governing every aspect of Life . Yes , there are Laws   for  Dressing , Eating , Marriage , Birth , Death , Hygiene , Inheritance , Social Habits ;  how one Walks , Talks , Etc . --  Your Whole Life Is Governed By  ( Diynu'l Islaam  . Islaam Doesn't Call For You To Adhere To Its Laws ( For One Day , Like Christians  Pretend To Do On Sunday .  It Demands Your Entire Life Everyday For The Rest Of Your Life . One Cannot Claim Himself To Be Muslims And Not Abide By The Laws Governing It ( Al Islaam - Which Are Found In The Holy Scriptures Of Allah .

Al Quraan 2 ; 4 And I Quote ;  These Are They Who Are Faithful To What Was Sent Down   ( Al Qur'aan ) To You ( Muhammad ) And What We ( Allah And The Angels ) Sent Down Before You ; ( As Suhuf ( The Pure  Pages , Adam 10 , Seth 50 , Enoch , 30 , Abraham 10 ) , At Tawraah ( The Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses ) , Al Hikma ( The Wisdom , 19 Books Of Leummim ( Luqman ) ; Az Zubuwr ( The Psalms , 150 Boods Of David ) , And Al Injiyl ( The Evangel , Revelation ) 22 Books Of Jesus The Messiah ) ,  And In The End They Will Certainly Be Successful  . ( 4 ) .

Eat Of The Lawful Foods ~  Al Qur'aan 2 ; 168 - 176 ,
Laws Concerning Death ~  Al Qur'aan 2 ; 180 - 182 ,
Fast  Fast As Those Did Before You  ~  Al Qur'aan 2 ; 183 - 189 ,
Pilgrimage And Fighing In Self Defense  ~  Al Qur'aan 2 ; 190 - 196 ,
Abstaining From Divorce  ~  Al Qur'aan 2 ; 226 - 231 ,
Remarriage After Divorce , Provisions For Divorces  ~  Al Qur'aan 2 ; 232 - 242 ,
Fighting In The Path Of Allah  ~  Al Qur'aan 2 ; 243 - 248 ,
Responsibilities  To The Orphans , Enosite Women , Polygymy . And Paying Of Dowries  ~  Al Qur'aan 4 ; 1 - 10 ,
The Law To Share Inheritance  ~  Al Qur'aan 4 ; 11 - 14 .
Dealing With Abominable Deeds , Both Males And Women  ~  Al Qur'aan  4 ; 15 - 21 ,
The Faithful Don'r Take Enosite Women By Force  ~  Al Qur'aan 4 ; 19 - 21 ,
Women You Can't And Can Marry  ~  Al Qur'aan 4 ; 22 - 25 ,
The Source Wants You To Turn To Repentance To Him  ~  Al Qur'aan 4 ; 26 - 31 , Do Not Go Near Salutation As Worship When Drunk Or In An Unclean State  ~  Al Qur'aan  4 ; 43  ,
The Divoice  ~ Al Qur'aan 65 ; 1 - 11 ,

Dress  ~ The Prophet Mustafa Muhammad Al Amin  ( PBUH ) Wore a specific type pf Dress . The Jallaabiyya , Bantaluwn , And Kufiyya was also Worn by The Prophets ( PBUT ) before him . This is what is referred to at times in The Scriptures as The Garb Of Righteousness  . The Garment mentioned in the following quote is describing a Jallaabiyya ,  A Long White Robe .

Injiyl ( Evangel , Revealation Of Jesus The Messiah 1 ; 13 , And I Quote ; And In The Midst Of The Seven Candlesticks One Like Unto The Son Of Man , Clothed With A Garment Down To The Foot ...

Al Qur'aan 61 ; 14 , And I Quote ; '' O You Who Are Faithful ! Be Aiders In Allah's Way . As Jesus Son Of Mary Said To His Disciples , Those Dressed In White Robes  , He Asked ; Who Among You Are My Aiders Towards Allah'a Way ? His Disciples Which Were Dressed In White Robes  Said ; We Are Allah's Aiders . And Some Of The Party Of Israel Was Faithful And Another Party Of Israel Were Ones Who Concealed What They Knew To Be The Truth  And We Assisted Those Who Had Faith And Gave Them Strength Against Their Enemies , And They Were Soon Victorious And Came To The Forefront . ( 14 )

Some Of Things I Have Learn From Other Muslims / Researching The History / Language / Way Of Lfe Of A Muslims / Also Researching Studying The Scriptures Muslims Should Be Reading / Studying Also

Just My Two Cents

El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
KuwaitiMuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KuwaitiMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 10:58am
Brother Issa no offense, but I'm a Muslim and I was overwhelmed by your post. She's new to Islam so don't overwhelm her. There's a hadith where the propeht pbuh says by meaning that you shouldn't delve too fast into the religion. Take it step by step. Don't be offended pls, just my two cents.
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 7:58am
Originally posted by <strong>KuwaitiMuslim KuwaitiMuslim wrote:

Brother Issa no offense, but I'm a Muslim and I was overwhelmed by your post. She's new to Islam so don't overwhelm her. There's a hadith where the propeht pbuh says by meaning that you shouldn't delve too fast into the religion. Take it step by step. Don't be offended pls, just my two cents.

As Salaamu Alaykum - KuwaitiMuslim - Shukran Jaziylan , You Make A Very Good Point . I'll Take It Slow Next Time . Clap

Araaka Fiy Maa Ba'd In Shaa - A Allah
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
tesab View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:33am
I have some questions also and I am new to the board so Im not sure where to jump in.  If my questions would be more appropriate someplace else, please tell me.
I am a Christian from the US and at this time, most of my questions are about Islam and Muslims in general.  I am seeking knowledge in order to combat the ignorance and propaganda, prejudice and outright hatred currently being focused on at least a quarter of the worlds population, (Muslims.)
It would be helpful to me if those who answer would tell me which school of thought they follow but I understand thats a personal thing.
1) What is the Ka'ba and what is its importance?
2) What is the black stone and what is its importance?
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 4:25am
Originally posted by tesab tesab wrote:

I am a Christian from the US and at this time, most of my questions are about Islam and Muslims in general.  I am seeking knowledge in order to combat the ignorance and propaganda, prejudice and outright hatred currently being focused on at least a quarter of the worlds population, (Muslims.)
It would be helpful to me if those who answer would tell me which school of thought they follow but I understand thats a personal thing.
1) What is the Ka'ba and what is its importance?

The Kaaba is the big black square builing in Meccah, you may have seen pictures. It was originally built by Abraham (r.a), and his son. Its actually a brick structure, and the black thing is cloth that covers the building. The Kaaba is like a symbolic structure that acts as a centrepoint for our prayers. Muslims all over the world face the Kaabah during prayers as a sign of unity and solidarity. So its importance is symbolic and historic.

Quote 2) What is the black stone and what is its importance?

We believe the black stone (Hajar-e-aswad) was sent down from Heaven by Allah, it is set in the Kaaba wall, and also has a symbolic/historic importance.

Contrary to popular non-muslim belief, we don't worship the Kaaba OR the stone. It has a symbolic importance for us.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
tesab View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 7:47am
Thank you Chrysalis.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic