IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Clones - no souls?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clones - no souls?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 8:27am

Bismillah

Let's just wait and see...

MOCKBA
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 10:40am
I think the role of intention needs to be discussed.
WHY clone people is an important question.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:31am

David, exactly!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 1:59pm

We talk of clones based on its ethics more so than religious or spiritual meaning. When we discuss why humans should/should not clone as David says what is the intention? If a human is cloned we say that its unethical because it plays God. But, what if parts of a human were cloned such as an arm or leg? What if such clones could give an amputee the ability to move or have a limb? Now on the basis of soul and as I mentioned before all things in my belief has a soul. From the atom to the largest mountain, but how we interpret how that soul acts is in accordance to our understanding of the concept of soul.

As God says in the Qur'an Allah of life comes from the same elements so why not all of life containing a soul or some sort of spiritual essence? Obviously the essence of God emanates from all of life here so why not?

-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 2:27pm
I think some people want to do it just to see what happens... If it is at all possible... etc.. if the cloned guy might actually live... 

I compleatly understand it... Its almost like mixing various flammable chemicals... and then setting them on fire to see what happens... or maybe its just me who does that.... hmm.. SO many Mysteries...
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger