IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Goodbye Facebook  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye Facebook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
whitelion553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelion553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goodbye Facebook
    Posted: 10 October 2013 at 1:02am
Salam
thanks dear Maryam . u r right .i am certain that u r good muslim for ur honesty in writing this post .it was ur personal experience but it is problem of majority of youths special muslims .u r very luck for having this open and light mind .I am proud from meeting such respected muslim in this city and bless for u until be luck in ur life .thanks againSmile 

Edited by whitelion553 - 10 October 2013 at 1:04am
i try to say only facts
Striking212 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Striking212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 8:59am
I hate face book as it disgrace my prophet (peace b upon him). I hav left face book due to that.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 11:52pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Good discussion. Cooly viewing the points, am of the opinion that it depends on our approach if we are moderate or extreme. For instance, telivision is discussed here. If am strong with my faith and in taqwa, no matter how bad a channel is, i shall not turn to it. But if am with staggered faith, i shall just remove it from my house. Faith is never constant of ours.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:58pm
Cross your toes, I think that it depends on where you are located. In the US,there are not alot of positive television programs that is focused on improving one's life. Yes, watching islamic channels is not bad at all. But even if you watch the science channel, then you have to deal with the commercials, and the commerical usually are the worst. Everyone has their own way of maintaining their modesty. I still think that it was such a beautiful thing that I had stop watching television. If you watch television or use facebook, then who am I to judge you. I just shared  with people how I ALLOWED television to change me. 
 Well, I know for sure that recently on this website, they wrote an article that said american muslim women are more educated than the average american. Also too, even if people think that we are backwards, who cares

Edited by lady - 23 January 2011 at 6:45pm
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:33pm
Salam,

I think in Islam "balance" and "moderation" is the key on everything. Excessive on anything is not permissible in Islam. And everything has bad side and good side. Similar with TV, internet, facebook, youtube even in this forum there is bad part and good part, if we do excessively in these things or we can not use wisely (choose the good parts and avoid the bad parts) will be bad for you.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
CrossYourToes View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossYourToes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:21am
Sorry if this may sound a little critical, but television itself may also be used to one's spiritual benefit and not self-destruction. I do not understand how it can possibly depreciate one's faith, when only informative channels are watched.
You can watch religious programs and benefit from many lectures given by Islamic scholars across the world. You may also watch science programs, and other intellectual programs, and widen your general knowledge. I find this factor extremely important, especially at a time where people consider Muslims to be "backwards", and not up-to-date with modern affairs. Even non-educational programs for entertainment purposes are fine as long as they do not contain anything explicit. Frankly, I find removing it completely an extreme measure, and we should be moderate as the Prophet (s) mentioned.

However I do believe that one may get carried away, and begin wasting hours watching tv. This does not occur with a controlled Muslim; Muslims should all be controlled and know where their limits lie. We should enjoy ourselves within the limits of halal, and benefit from the products of science and technology, constantly updating our knowledge. This will, in turn, attract non-Muslims to our beautiful religion. Muslims should be the sharpest knives in the drawer, and the most mannerly among all.

Take care <3
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:12am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

@Sister {lady} JazakAllah khayr for sharing your experience. Striving with {nafs}, self is toughest of all jihads.

Cross Your Toes - JazakAllah khayr for sharing your opinions. Myselves is of the same view that we must not quit facebook. Untill we feel that our taqwa is strong, and we can stand with strong faith, we must continue to spread the message of Islam thru facebook.

Alhamdulillah, am active at facebook. I do get many requests from non-mahrams, i simply ignore them. My pages are open to all. But would like to remind girls about footsteps of shaytaan - discussed in Qu'an. We may feel today, what's wrong if i add brothers, am my intention is dawah, later i may feel happy with the good comments of a brother over my shared articles. Slowly, interaction may start up of only the article. Even at this stage we may not realise that we are over the footsteps of satan. Next stage, we may exchange messages, -----.

It's better, if we sisters, totally avoid, adding non-mahrams to our lists.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
CrossYourToes View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossYourToes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:36am
Hmm...well it was interesting to see how Facebook can actually affect a girl's life and depress her faith. I'm glad you chose God's pleasure over your own passions and desires...
However, Facebook in itself is not "haram" or forbidden. Only if one uses it in the wrong way, then it is not permissible. There are many Islamic groups on Facebook and it could be used as a tool for spreading Islam. Apart from that, it is merely a social-tool which one uses to keep in touch with friends and family. If you didn't know the "brothers" why accept add requests from them? You can also limit your profile so that no one can search your name, or see you off other friends' lists. That way only female friends/relatives will see your pictures, etc.

In my opinion, Facebook is not a life-trasher if one knows how to use it properly. If one limits their time on it (a.k.a does not get addicted) then it's perfectly fine and does not depress your faith. It can be used to actually increase your faith and make you a better Muslim.

Take care <3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic