IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The biggest failure in life is to....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The biggest failure in life is to....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The biggest failure in life is to....
    Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:09pm
The biggest failure in life is to have a goal and not even make an attempt to achieve your goal.  Sometimes a person may think that he can not achieve his goals because of his insecurities that he hears himself say to himself.  For example, if you have a goal to go to school but you do not have the time or money available then you need to just do it. The same things that you think is going to keep you from accomplishing those goals never really happen. If those things do happen then it is not the degree that you have imagine and you will always find a way to meddle yourself out of those problems.  Trust me, I would have never imagined that I would be applying to medical school after having two different bachelor degrees.
 Let's say that your goal is to get an associate degree in electrical engineering. But you have enough of money to pay for your ESSENTIAL bills such as for the home and food. Then take some money away from your food bill and contribute it to a class or more for this semister or next semister. Is it really necessary to eat expensive food? Your belly does not know the difference between a cheap meal or an expensive meal. For example, you can eat rice and beans with salt and pepper for three days. (keep in mind this is the prefect balance meal that one can have anyway. I used this example because some people think that this is cheap eating Wink). The next four days you can add different spices, such as a adding a pepper or an onion, or whatever. Sometimes it will seem like you have eaten a different meal every couple of days.
If your excuse is that you do not have enough of time to go to school, then take one class at a time. Life goes by so fast that you will be surprise of how much time you have wasted just waiting for enough time to come in your life. Just enroll in school, and not think about the time you dont have to study. Just do it. You will be amazed of how you can quickly prioritize your schedule for study time. The purpose of this message is to remind people to not be afraid of achieving a goal that they secretively held in their hearts. Just do it. Do not worry about what will happen if you make an attempt to do this goal. I never had lots of problems when I try to attempt a goal. I talked to many people about this as well and they tell me the same thing. When you are doing something positive then why would Allah (SWT) not bless you to complete that thing if you attempt it. Just try it. If anyone has some encourage to add to this message, then please do. You never know who you may motivate. Good luck to all.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 2:18pm
Assalamu alaiki Lady.

Congratulations. Your beautiful analysis reminded me of the saying of Allah, "And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)."
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 4:51pm
Walaakum Salaams. Thanks so much for your reply. You are from Nigeria? I lived in Kenya for two years as a peace corps volunteer. I met many Nigerians there and there are a few at my job.  thanks again.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:58pm
Thumbs%20Up
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic