IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apologetic Hiroshima and defiant America  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apologetic Hiroshima and defiant America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 4:00pm
Sister Nausheen, alhamdo li Lah, I admire your patience and nobility [moderator edited]

Edited by rami
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Sister Nausheen, alhamdo li Lah, I admire your patience and nobility against such street theatre trash.

Coming from your insulting mouth, I'll take that as a compliment..  Your racism is still freshly in our minds...Veracity does not arise from personal, ad hominem attacks..
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 6:04am

Bismillah,

Is the world better off with millions of Japanese citizens dead, to the original point?  No.  That's a definite no.

How are the Iraqis since SHussein has been taken out?  They don't seem very well.  It is not the point to me because the point to me is that the United States should never have given such an evil person money and weapons et cetera all those years just because we were against Iran.  America has supported the wrong people too often and had them show their evil ways when they came to power.  Central America, Africa, the Middle East...  We seem to have done okay in WWII, but after that we are messing up really bad with supporting the wrong elements with money and guns.  (That includes Israel in my opinion.)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Is the world better off with millions of Japanese citizens dead, to the original point?  No.  That's a definite no.

B: It would have been better not to have had to kill anyone, not to have had to bomb anyone.  Do you think Japan gave us that option?  Are you aware of what the Japanese did the 20 years prior to Hiroshima?  Where is your outrage for that and where is that in the context of this discussion?

How are the Iraqis since SHussein has been taken out?  They don't seem very well. 

B: The Iraqis have had a REALLY tough road.  But they are doing amazingly well and are very brave people, imo.  They have had an election, written a constitution that is likely soon to go to another election and then they'll have an election based on their own approved
Constitution.  I'd say, all in all, considering their suffering under Saddam and through this transition, they are a heroic people.  They will go far in the world.

It is not the point to me because the point to me is that the United States should never have given such an evil person money and weapons et cetera all those years just because we were against Iran.  America has supported the wrong people too often and had them show their evil ways when they came to power.  Central America, Africa, the Middle East...  We seem to have done okay in WWII, but after that we are messing up really bad with supporting the wrong elements with money and guns.  (That includes Israel in my opinion.)

B: I will not disagree that there are way too many arms in this world - that point sickens me and I wish I could beat all the guns into plowshares and all the bombs too- all of them...but that is not at the moment possible...so we work within the context that we have.

And the US has supported some of the wrong people...no doubts...you can start with Saddam on that list...and OBL...and some in South Am...etc.

But the US is not pure evil or stupid as some here would assert or like to think...in fact we are...human...we make mistakes and sin and have great breakthroughs and love and sacrifice for our children to the best of our abilities.

How would you have pursued geo-politics if you were facing the nuclear MAD cold war first and then the world's sole superpower and the target of everyone's criticism the world over? (if you were the decision maker?)  And now spread that over 5 or 6 various administrations - how would that work out?

How's that working for you/us?

It's a complicated, complex, sort of hapless job and everyone's screaming for our hide...but other than that it's great......don't they know we're just human beings...I certainly do...

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:13pm

I am just amazed. You can come up with some good words too. You want peace and security, start with your own corner first, we will join you in cleaning ours.

This is a Khan's word.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:40pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

How are the Iraqis since SHussein has been taken out?  They don't seem very well.  It is not the point to me because the point to me is that the United States should never have given such an evil person money and weapons et cetera all those years just because we were against Iran.  America has supported the wrong people too often and had them show their evil ways when they came to power.  Central America, Africa, the Middle East...  We seem to have done okay in WWII, but after that we are messing up really bad with supporting the wrong elements with money and guns.  (That includes Israel in my opinion.)

Ditto.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:01pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

B: Americans present facts and reality in a hundred ways - like a kaleidiscope - and if you factor in the peoples of the world there are a thousand ways or more...so your point is obvious...people are self focused and tribal or nationalistic...this is not news Nausheen.

Aah, so the rest of us are tribal and nationalistic. Can you tell us how old is the "civilization" of America? Perhaps according to you the oldest civilization of the world started in America!

And if you are saying Americans are not nationalisitc, it is surely news to me. - A news coming from western media, that should not be trusted at all.

You're wrong, the UN and reps were ready to oppose Saddam with force as they deemed it necessary.  That day was coming sooner or later. 

But the Americans could not have patience ...

The best thing would be to penalized  america heavily for placing Saddam in position of power in the first place.

Here's the point now Nausheen - is the world better off without Saddam and with a free Iraq?

NO

Huh, so you're not willing to give specifics...yeah, great answer...

Peace..

What I said was a no brainer. So sorry, I do not further discussions when they start to get boring.

Peace,

N

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I am just amazed. You can come up with some good words too. You want peace and security, start with your own corner first, we will join you in cleaning ours.

This is a Khan's word.

I agree with you...!
But what would you do about allies/alliances in light of that...again, we get to complex very quickly...and the US just happens to be made up of people from (almost) every nation on the face of the earth - so we have lots of potential alliances - and enemies...so what do you do about Afghanistan then Sasha - should they totally be without alliances?

As to starting with our own corner - great - can you assure me that if the US/UN backs out of the ME that the terrorists will stop?
Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic