IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trying to Love God  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to Love God

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Castor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 4:50am
Hasan,

The message I am getting from your post is that there is no distress in the world that could ever make you waiver in your love for God because you cannot "afford" to.

I think that is a dangerous statement to make and it lacks modesty and humility. Clearly you seem to think that, come what may, your brain is always going to be sane enough to have the luxury of choosing to love the "Creator".

Furthermore, it is rather presumptuous of you to decide upon the history of my relationship with God. It is untrue.

Clearly you have not been trialed or tested and you are unaware of the fragile consciousness that is "man". However, I will not make the same mistake as you and presume things on your part - maybe your faith is stronger or maybe your "distresses" were not very big trials and tests.

I do not wish upon you any form of distress that makes you question the very core of your belief. That is a torment unequaled.

But I would request you to not jump to conclusions as it reflects great ignorance.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:10am
Our "love" for Allah does not benefit Allah, but is for our own salvation.  The way in which we "love" Allah and grow near to Allah is through observing Allah's commands and prohibitions. 

The Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, �Strange is the affair of the Mu�min (the believer), verily all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (Saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the Mu�mmin.�

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic