IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trying to Love God  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to Love God

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pure_columbian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 7:31am
sorry i maybe missing the point but are you asking for help or just wanted to make a statement?
Castor View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Castor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 12:44am
Dear All,

I am having a bit of a crises.

Without going into the details of my lifelong hardships (everyone has them), my love for God has diminished considerably.

The most peculiar aspect of this is how I become angry and full of hate when God helps me or gives me a sign to help me.

Maybe an illustration will help. If someone is being tortured for decades, to the breaking point, and at that point, the torturer stops and gives a bit of relief and maybe even a bit of love, that isolated incident would arouse anger, mistrust and loathing in the victim - who might feel that the giving and taking of pain, at the torturer's will, is unfair and the torturer should not deserve love.

This is an extreme example, because I know God loves me 70 times more than my mother and he certainly has not only given me torture but good times as well. However, yes, I do feel like I cannot love him anymore although that won't effect my prayers or belief.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic