IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am a Muslim now  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am a Muslim now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:15am
Salaam/Peace,

To be a Muslim is very simple, just confess/declare that Allah/God is the only one Deity, no partner no son, and Muhammad was the messenger and prophet of Allah/God like other prophet such as prophet Jesus, prophet Abraham, prophet Adam, prophet Noah, Solomon, David etc.

You can have witness or no witness fine too. However, it's better you do it with some witnesses so in case something happen to you let say you die there are somebody that know you are Muslim so you will be treated as Muslim.

Off-course after you confess (in Muslim term we call it shahadah), you need to start to follow some other requirement such as pray 5 times a day, not drink alcohol, but do it gradually, little step at a time, no need to be hurry.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
kin29 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kin29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:19pm
Thanks for replying. Will take note of this. Is there a particular website where I can check the do's and dont's of being a muslim? (please don't take my term in a wrong way). Thanks again!
samirfaithful View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samirfaithful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 5:00am

ESSALAM ALEYKOUM SISTER:),

WELCOME TO MUSLIM COMMUNITY AND BETWEEN UR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN GOD.

GOD HELP U TO STAY IN HIS STRIGHT WAY AMEEEEEEEEEENCry

Natalie St View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie St Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:51am
I'm also planning to take the Islam in the near future. I'm protestant so far. :)
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:45pm
Salam/Peace,

May God almighty ease all of to follow his path.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Natalie St Natalie St wrote:

I'm also planning to take the Islam in the near future. I'm protestant so far. :)

May Allah swt ease the path for you and make it easy. Ameen
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
KuwaitiMuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KuwaitiMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 3:53am
Islam puts a great emphasis on the mind. So Christmas, what's it's essence? Forget about the shopping and food. It's about family getting together :)
So how could that be against Islam? It isn't. Don't cut off your ties with your family sister. May Allah bless you and your family one by one :)
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:55pm
May Allah bless you and accept your efforts to get to know and accept Him as the only One to be worshipped and served, Ameen. My wife's family is Christian, we went last holiday season to visit them in Mexico. It was a time to get together and enjoy the family. We, me my wife and kids continued to do our Salaths on time, and excused ourselves for that, and they were very kind to not do any show off of their religious rituals in front of us. Mutual respect is sometime hard to earn, in our case we are lucky there were no issues, plus they are aware of our diet so there were no items aroud that would be haram for us.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic